USPS Postage Price Increase Question

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Vatican City

That new Pope's been hounding me for Bob Azzam breaks for I>months/I>!

Encouraging to know that, while his general sense of morality may lag somewhere back in the 15th century, he has progressed all the way up to the mid-90s in terms of collectro trends.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Between this and Ebay/Paypal fees, selling is starting to become not worth the trouble for us occasional, non-bigwig sellers.

Let's hope so! I'm sick of these cats who overcharge on shipping and throw a record in a used record mailer and then act like they're doing me a favor. If you can't clean records before sending them out, can you please remove your finerprints from the wax????

If I were a much more shady person, I'd charge back every record that was sent without delivery confirmation.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Between this and Ebay/Paypal fees, selling is starting to become not worth the trouble for us occasional, non-bigwig sellers.

How is that? The buyers pay shipping, not the sellers. Dudes who really want records are gonna pay the shipping no matter what.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Is it just me or did the prices not really increase? It's the same if you send it first class airmail. It's just a different name, but the price seems to be the same. They just took off the 4-7 day estimate.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Is it just me or did the prices not really increase? It's the same if you send it first class airmail. It's just a different name, but the price seems to be the same and they 4-7 day estimate has been lifted.

Overseas is what I was making a big stink about.

My question is... can you send a record First Class International and if so for how much? It looks significantly cheaper than International Priority.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yeah, that's what I meant. I was talking about international mail.

For instance, a 1 pound 6 oz. package to France would cost:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10113&M=2&P=1&O=6

That's not really a change at all. It doesn't say how long it will take, but it's first class, so i can't imagine it's surface mail. The thing that seems lame is that Priority costs more than old "airmail" rates used to and it's delivery time is 6-10 instead of what used to be 4-7. It's slower but costs more.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah I am really concerned about the time First Class International will take to get there. I just sent a $60 record to Germany so we will see. But not having a time estimate, combined with the elimination of surface, and the use of the word "economical" on the USPS literature... makes me think that it will take longer.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    Vatican City

vatican city, lesotho and swaziland are the only three perforated countries in the world, meaning a country wholly surrounded by one other country.

there is a record seller that has a vatican city address btw on ebay, his handle is jimmi-blanton

dave

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Vatican City

vatican city, lesotho and swaziland are the only three perforated countries in the world, meaning a country wholly surrounded by one other country.

there is a record seller that has a vatican city address btw on ebay, his handle is jimmi-blanton

dave

Dave, wouldn't San Marino also qualify?

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    so has anyone shipped a record yet????

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I shipped monday. Looks like media is up about 40 cents. What use to be air mail post for international is more or less the same price just called something different. $10.40 to the U.K. and most of EU which is what it was before.

They got me on the big packages though. A larger box with 7-15 records or anything over 4 lbs, cost almost 10 dollars more than it did before. Canada was like a buck more maybe, but pretty much the same. I havent shipped Priority yet, but I guess that went up about a buck as well.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    No surface mail to Japan.

so has anyone shipped a record yet????

I've shipped a bunch - it looks like everything went up a buck or two but no big deal really.

I lost a couple bucks on an heavy package to Sweden - the bigger the package, the more money.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    our international shipping has been all screwed up since monday. we use dazzle (and endicia) software, and since the increase it will not let us ship correctly. 3 calls to the USPS and still nothing. they claim unusually high volume and a 24 hour wait. 72 hours later, no help.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    To those American sellers who do BIN with the immediate pay option, I as an English buyer had to buy off eBay from a US seller because eBay wouldn't add the shipping and handling charges to be added on, and when I did the add / subtract bit the confirm box was still grayed out. You may be losing out on business.

Of course this may or may not be related to the change in charges however I suspect it was because whatever option he had selected for international shipping no longer exists

our international shipping has been all screwed up since monday. we use dazzle (and endicia) software, and since the increase it will not let us ship correctly. 3 calls to the USPS and still nothing. they claim unusually high volume and a 24 hour wait. 72 hours later, no help.

What's wrong with your endicia?

I downloaded the new version and I've been up and running ever since the update. No problems.

• FOCK

Global Priority has damn near DOUBLED.

That's weak, no more printing postage online for international.
    We had a good system going there for minute.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You want "First Class International".

You want "First Class International".

co-post

• Yeah I saw that of course, but can you pay and print online like you could w/ global PRIORITY?

Yeah I saw that of course, but can you pay and print online like you could w/ global PRIORITY?

I do - through a separate program however. I don't know if you can do it through paypal or usps.com....

• Ah, I see...we were just printing them straight outta paypal. Do these other programs cost money?

yes - mine costs about 15 a month (not including postage, insurance, and so on).

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    What the F**K is up with that "Estimated Time Delievery: Varies" on First Class Mail. Ermmm, couldn't they at least given some kinda time span? I mean, 6-10 days is also a variation in delievery, then how come they are able to list that!?

Is this just another NPM strategy not to make anything sound bad?
    Looks like good old 45 day surface it's-being-shipped-when-we've-got-absolutely-nothing-better-to-do mail has gotten a new name, aswell as a nice high price!

Hope you guys can give us Euro heads a rapport on when these packages actually show up over here.

The Danish postal system is also completely stupid. Surface mail costs 50cents less than airmail and the different weight classes are way too large IMO.

Oh well, maybe I'm just being cynical...

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    First Class Air has been getting to Europe in the usual time frame. Anywhere between 3 days and a week (and probably occassionally a bit longer but they're not shipping these by boat thank god).

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    First Class Air has been getting to Europe in the usual time frame. Anywhere between 3 days and a week (and probably occassionally a bit longer but they're not shipping these by boat thank god).

Phew....