girl scout cookie warning!

2»

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I dont really fuck w/ Milk/Cream drinks anymore.

yeah that shit is brutal.

I had my thin mints with Enhanced Silk Soymilk...kinda stopped drinking Dairy Milk...but I dont think I can stop with the cheese though....

it was in reference to alcoholic beverages containing dairy products. dairy on its own is cool. shit, i don't drink much milk, but milk does a body good,

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I instantly saw the simialrities in my head with the second picture.

Yikes!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    i had a really good plate of gnocchi the other week and now i want it every night. that is some serious expanding waistline food...but those little pillows of potato delight...swimming in garlicy rosemary tomato sauce...with chili flakes...and fresh parmesan...and sundried black olives...and red wine...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggg

In Italy they make the gnocchi fresh on Thursdays. I lived in Rome for a little while and once I figured this out I think I ate gnocchi every Thursday. It trully is some other worldly shit.

just rockin' the gnocchi with sage and butter is transcendental

Gnocchi with shrimp in white sauce. You'll be looking like this after a while:

anyone ever had the drink - Girl Scout Cookies?

How about the ice cream?

And yes, I've had a Girl Scout Cookie shot. Not bad, but I'm not too down with the dairy/booze combination either. But, when you hang out with bartenders, you end up drinking all sorts of weird stuff.

• i had a really good plate of gnocchi the other week and now i want it every night. that is some serious expanding waistline food...but those little pillows of potato delight...swimming in garlicy rosemary tomato sauce...with chili flakes...and fresh parmesan...and sundried black olives...and red wine...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggg

In Italy they make the gnocchi fresh on Thursdays. I lived in Rome for a little while and once I figured this out I think I ate gnocchi every Thursday. It trully is some other worldly shit.

that's it - i'm having them for dinner tonight.

we made some from scratch over the weekend... AWESOME!!!

3 meals worth, plus some in the freezer

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    in my town in italy there is a specialty called gnochhi ripieni (its probably found around the region, but who cares). basically you lay out a sheet of gnochhi dough and then put a stripe of cooked spinach and then a stripe of meat ragu. you roll it up and cut sections of the roll, so it looks like a gnocchi cinmmon bun type thing. then they put more ragu on the cross section slices (and requisite parmesan) and its a wrap. so damn good.

i second the gnocchi/sage/butter combo

I'm not Italian, but Northern Italy is my vision of heaven. The food, the climate, the people - that's the way life should be.

burbock, thanks for the info.
    good to know that the little girls arent jjust being foot soldiers for some big wack factory.
    but the cookies are still highly processed crap fests (although they do taste mad good) and those lil girls should be getting some baking skills instead of thinking that processed foods are the answer to every fucking fund raiser.

ive talked to several women who recounted their grueling girl scout experiences of this cookie sellathon rat race that was basically the be raison d'etre of the troop. i'm sure that isnt the case with most troops, but let me be a grumpy asshole if i choose.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I'm not Italian, but Northern Italy is my vision of heaven. The food, the climate, the people - that's the way life should be.

Havent been in the North but I spent two weeks in Florence last year, and if I could move there and have a means of supporting myself...I would do it tomorrow.

florence is north

and i agree with yall
    (but i could never fully leave philly)

Havent been in the North but I spent two weeks in Florence last year, and if I could move there and have a means of supporting myself...I would do it tomorrow.

hookup, you would miss finding records
    and soul food
    and puerto ricans
    and cadillacs
    and some other shit too

but itd be good for a while

florence is north

and i agree with yall
    (but i could never fully leave philly)

I know. But I hear you - I'd miss Boston. And America for that matter, in all it's squalor and glory.

hookup, you would miss finding records
    and soul food
    and puerto ricans
    and cadillacs
    and some other shit too

but itd be good for a while

true on the soul food tip...but pic sleeve ye-ye 60s go-go 45s for days though...

in all it's squalor and glory.

aint it the truth

florence is north

thought you talking about some Italian Alps/Torino steez

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    On a good day, I will eat 10 Samoas in one sitting and then get sick.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    At a bar where I used to work a popular drink was called the "Dirty Girl Scout." It was something like:
    1/2 oz. white creme de cacao
    1/2 oz. green creme de menth
    1/2 oz. jagrmeister
    a little bit of cream or 1/2 n 1/2
    shake over ice and serve up in a martini glass, garnish with chocolate shavings

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    These things = Trans fat city. Unless they're recently changed their recipes, they'd always have close to 3 grams of this shit per serving with most of their cookies.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Go to Turin the food is increadible. Some of the best seafood I have ever had.

These things = Trans fat city. Unless they're recently changed their recipes, they'd always have close to 3 grams of this shit per serving with most of their cookies.

thas what im talkinga bout

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    i had a really good plate of gnocchi the other week and now i want it every night. that is some serious expanding waistline food...but those little pillows of potato delight...swimming in garlicy rosemary tomato sauce...with chili flakes...and fresh parmesan...and sundried black olives...and red wine...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggg

A proper sage and butter sauce is a brilliant thing. There are few places I know in Toronto that do it properly, Tuto Matti being one of them. I used to make gnocchi but could rarely produce anything not leaden. It's a simple process that's exceedingly difficult to master, especially without instruction. Meanwhile, the vacuum packed stuff borders on an abomination. Well made gnocchi is the gospel.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    I havent seen a Girl Scout in my hood/doorstep since the 70s.

Do they even exist anymore?

One of my favorite costumes to see on a grown woman.

Oh man. Do they. You can't dodge 'em down here. Camped out in front of drugstores, restaraunts, etc.

$3 a box now, too.

Whatever the ones that are like coconut, caramel and chocolate are called are good.

last time i bought them, they set up shop at a bank and made a drive thru. suffice to say i bought like 5 boxes.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

They changed their recipe last go-round, surprised to see them adapt so fast

Unless they're like some of the major snack food company and just lowered the serving size to produce a 'negligible' amount of trans fat

But I think they actually did just eliminate hydroginated bullshit

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    denied! i had to go postering for the Coxsone Dodd night last night and never got to go to gnocchi heaven.

know what else is so delicious and you can feel your pants getting tighter as you're eating it? baklava. with pistachios.