girl scout cookie warning!

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
do not, I repeat, DO NOT have boxes of thin mints in the same house/dwelling also containing marijuana...totally aint gonna fit into my swimsuit this year....

Comments

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i'm all about the samoas... keep em in the fridge for a nice chewy stoney delight.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    samoas.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I havent seen a Girl Scout in my hood/doorstep since the 70s.

Do they even exist anymore?

One of my favorite costumes to see on a grown woman.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Oh man. Do they. You can't dodge 'em down here. Camped out in front of drugstores, restaraunts, etc.

$3 a box now, too.

Whatever the ones that are like coconut, caramel and chocolate are called are good.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

Whatever the ones that are like coconut, caramel and chocolate are called are good.

samoas.

Oh man. Do they. You can't dodge 'em down here. Camped out in front of drugstores, restaraunts, etc.

Multi-culti or is it Holly/Polly/Molly?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    fuck that garbage
    each girl scout troop should be learning how to make their own damn cookies instead of making some corporation rich

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i had a really good plate of gnocchi the other week and now i want it every night. that is some serious expanding waistline food...but those little pillows of potato delight...swimming in garlicy rosemary tomato sauce...with chili flakes...and fresh parmesan...and sundried black olives...and red wine...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggg

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Anyone else look at this box and think it says TAGALOGS?

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    fuck that garbage
    each girl scout troop should be learning how to make their own damn cookies instead of making some corporation rich

I believe less than 15 percent of the profits made selling Girl Scout cookies actually go to the Girls Scouts of America or shit.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i had a really good plate of gnocchi the other week and now i want it every night. that is some serious expanding waistline food...but those little pillows of potato delight...swimming in garlicy rosemary tomato sauce...with chili flakes...and fresh parmesan...and sundried black olives...and red wine...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggg

hahaha! Yeah fuck your thin mints!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

In Italy they make the gnocchi fresh on Thursdays. I lived in Rome for a little while and once I figured this out I think I ate gnocchi every Thursday. It trully is some other worldly shit.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

In Italy they make the gnocchi fresh on Thursdays. I lived in Rome for a little while and once I figured this out I think I ate gnocchi every Thursday. It trully is some other worldly shit.

just rockin' the gnocchi with sage and butter is transcendental

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    fuck that garbage

I believe less than 15 percent of the profits made selling Girl Scout cookies actually go to the Girls Scouts of America or shit.

Gonna have to impart here. I linked my lady to this thread as she does advocacy for the GS's in DC. She made me set the record straight!

"We have our own plant that makes them and it's a NON-PROFIT organization! All money goes to girl scouts. To detail: most money goes to GSUSA who advocate for girls, a percentage goes to the individual troop selling, and then more goes to the council that the GS troop is a part of. There is no corporation."

so don't feel bad about leveling that box of samoas!!!

i am telling you. fresh is the only way to go otherwise it's covered in that horrible powder to prevent them from sticking or it's a rubbery texture or it cooks too starchy and the only thing to do is rinse them with cold water, but then that throws everything off...yes, fresh.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Anyone else look at this box and think it says TAGALOGS?

I used to think that too...and "Samoans." I need to get my eyes checked

anyone ever had the drink - Girl Scout Cookies?

If I recall.....

Bailey's(now you could cop it w/ mint flavor)
    Chocolate Milk/Milk
    And whatever clear alcohol that doesnt fight the Baileys.

I had it years ago and it was delicious. Its somewhat close to a White Russian but w/ a happier taste.
    It could be called something different in other places. I dont really fuck w/ Milk/Cream drinks anymore.

just rockin' the gnocchi with sage and butter is transcendental

that's it - i'm having them for dinner tonight.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i haven't had gnocchi in months...i thought this thread was about cookies?

Now I wan't gnocchi...oi!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I dont really fuck w/ Milk/Cream drinks anymore.

yeah that shit is brutal.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

So, we're just letting this slide by without comment?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I dont really fuck w/ Milk/Cream drinks anymore.

yeah that shit is brutal.

I had my thin mints with Enhanced Silk Soymilk...kinda stopped drinking Dairy Milk...but I dont think I can stop with the cheese though....

sorry for the hijack...I've never had Girl Scout cookies, just Girl Guide cookies - are they the same? - and that was over 10 yrs ago.

So, we're just letting this slide by without comment?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

sorry for the hijack...I've never had Girl Scout cookies, just Girl Guide cookies - are they the same? - and that was over 10 yrs ago.

I dunno, but gnocchi sounds much better either way! Are you a vegetarian?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Are you a vegetarian?

not anymore, I eat seafood/fish and I live with a vegan so I never cook it myself.