"It's on like Donkey Kong"

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Who came up with this phrase?For the record, if you ever hear anybody using the phrase "I'm taking a Napster." I created that shit. Don't even front. Freshmen year of college when Napster was still free.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Then fuck it, I just made THIS shit up:

Yo, I'm 'bout to get this like Tetris!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yo, I'm 'bout to get this like Tetris!

Yo, that's pretty fly son.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    On it like Sonic. Rappin like pacman. Rocks like Starfox. You could freestyle a whole verse off these phrases, but it'd probably sound like some MF Doom shit.

Speaking of idioms and strange words, anyone else ever hear people using "gnar" instead of "gnarly" to describe things? Or "gnar-gnar" as in "that's hella gnar-gnar"? I'm thinking this is just having to do with my close proximity to surfers.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    On it like Sonic. Rappin like pacman. Rocks like Starfox. You could freestyle a whole verse off these phrases, but it'd probably sound like some MF Doom shit.

Speaking of idioms and strange words, anyone else ever hear people using "gnar" instead of "gnarly" to describe things? Or "gnar-gnar" as in "that's hella gnar-gnar"? I'm thinking this is just having to do with my close proximity to surfers.

dude! my homegirl uses gnar-gnar to describe kevin from the office! and damnit if it totally fits!

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    in there like swim wear

i believe gnar to be a northen california thing too.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I got underwear older than you (isn't mine)

My, I got underwear older than you joke is older than you (is mine)

• I'm chillin like Hugh Millen.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    "that's hella gnar-gnar"?

I can't believe anyone would ever actually say that. But when it comes to surfers, or Cailfornia for that matter, I am seriously

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Anyone seen the movie "King of Kong" about the Donkey Kong players? I haven't but my friends have and said it was one of the best documentaries ever. Its all about these present day guys that are battling to be the greatest donkey kong players ever... No joke, this is real and not on some Spinal Tap fake documentary style.

• Anyone seen the movie "King of Dong" about the Donkey Kong players?

I think the documentary about video games is called "King of KONG[/b]", but I'm sure that other movie is nice too....

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    hahaha you're right..

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

wow, "that's hella gnar-gnar" is such an annoying sentence i just might have to make that my new catch phrase

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    let's do this like Brutus

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I've heard skaters flex that "gnar-gnar" talk as well. And on the east coast even!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I invented the "_____ from hell."

=e

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Anyone seen the movie "King of Kong" about the Donkey Kong players? I haven't but my friends have and said it was one of the best documentaries ever. Its all about these present day guys that are battling to be the greatest donkey kong players ever... No joke, this is real and not on some Spinal Tap fake documentary style.

i really want to see this now

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

------------------------

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    ...like a fox

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    for the fellas: rock out with your cock out (no homo)
    for the ladies: jam out with your clam out

I didn't make this shit up...

Peace
    Zeb

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I've heard skaters flex that "gnar-gnar" talk as well. And on the east coast even!
    there is an old shredder skate/bmx gang called gnargoyles in northern california. their birth was cicra 86.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    "that's hella gnar-gnar"?

I can't believe anyone would ever actually say that. But when it comes to surfers, or Cailfornia for that matter, I am seriously

If I heard some surfer dude on the beach or something then I would understand, but anywhere else, I think it should be followed by a punch to the stomach of the turkey who actually tried to use that phrase.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

I was just on a snowboard trip with my boy who is a serious skate head from Michigan. And nearly everything was described from him as being 'totally gnar-dog' or 'straight raw-dog'.