NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The thought of a Jazz-Spurs Western Conference Finals makes we want to not watch TV though.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Given Nelson's history, the team probably won't stand pat and will try to make some trades to improve.

Mullin should do everything in his power to keep Kevin Garnett out of Phoenix........K.G would be a perfect fit with Phoenix or G.State .....Phoenix will probably offer Marion and two number #1 picks .....If i were Mullin i'd make everyone expect Baron available if it meant bringing Garnett to the Warriors.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    ........K.G would be a perfect fit with Phoenix or G.State THE MAVS .....

DAVID STERN...WHAT A HERB!!!!

He cancelled his scheduled attendance at Spurs/Suns tonight. What a douche!!!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Amazing. Total bullshit.

Shit was just all kinds of wrong. I know what the rules say. Still, you're basically deciding a crucial game in favor of the offending team. I'm sure there could've been a better way to mete out the punishment.

I am saying Johnny. Look how much we all care and look how fucking wack this league can be at times. Bleah.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Amazing. Total bullshit.

Shit was just all kinds of wrong. I know what the rules say. Still, you're basically deciding a crucial game in favor of the offending team. I'm sure there could've been a better way to mete out the punishment.

I haven't been watching the commentary on this, can someone break it down for me?

Here's what I know...

Horry fouls Nash hard (deemed flagrant)

Bell goes after Horry, Horry pushes him off, then it gets broken up (Bell gets technical)

Stoudemire and Diaw get off the bench and step onto the court after play has stopped, but do not get involved in anything.

Results: Horry out two games, Stoudemire and Diaw out one game a piece.

I am not familiar with the rules in these situations, why didn't Horry and Bell just get suspended a game a piece for fighting? Why not just fine Stoudemire and Diaw?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

The thought of a Jazz-Spurs Western Conference Finals makes we want to not watch TV though.

This suspension nonsense is rediculous too. What the fuck are they thinking suspending a guy like Amare Stoudamire for some shit like that? This guy is the ultimate x-factor in the entire western conference, he is the guy that will affect the outcome of the entire western conference playoff results. You take him out and you're basically trying to give a game to the Spurs at this point (I know Stern loves his Spurs, but fuck!). Anyway, it's garbage. I hope NBA fans give the league as much shit as possible for that. I hope the Suns light it the fuck up and beat San Antonio without Amare in the next game. At least Horry sits, but I agree that Bowen and Duncan should be sitting too if Amare and Boris are.

Chicago was impressive last night. They can even up the series at home. It ain't over yet!

And I'm glad to see Dee Brown back on the court. That was a scary incident. Nice run Golden State, you may be out of the playoffs, but you made history. Biggest 1st round playoffs upset ever. That's something to be proud of.

Amazing. Total bullshit.

I haven't been watching the commentary on this, can someone break it down for me?

Here's what I know...

Horry fouls Nash hard (deemed flagrant)

Bell goes after Horry, Horry pushes him off, then it gets broken up (Bell gets technical)

Stoudemire and Diaw get off the bench and step onto the court after play has stopped, but do not get involved in anything.

Results: Horry out two games, Stoudemire and Diaw out one game a piece.

I am not familiar with the rules in these situations, why didn't Horry and Bell just get suspended a game a piece for fighting? Why not just fine Stoudemire and Diaw?

I think since the Nuggets/Knicks brawl the rule is if you leave the bench during an altercation it is an automatic 1 game suspension. The argument is, though, that Amare was getting up to check in to the game, not to go beat up Bob. Bob got 2 games? I didn't realize that. Was the foul deemed a flagrant 1 or 2?

I think since the Nuggets/Knicks brawl THE KNICKS AND HEAT TURNED PLAYOFF SERIES INTO MMA EVENTS AND VAN GUNDY WAS SWINGING ON 'ZOS LEG FOR DEAR LIFE the rule is if you leave the bench during an altercation it is an automatic 1 game suspension.

Amare was not getting up to check in the game. That's a cover-up.

Again, as above, the NBA could've shown some leniency based on teh fact that Stat and Diaw quickly realized their mistake and tried to correct it or the fact that Duncan and some other douche were milling around the 3 pt line off the bench when what looked to be a *potential* skirmish almost broke out in Q2.

Shit is even further muddied by the way they handle suspensions that AREN'T specifically provided for in the rules. No Bowen suspension for an obvious knee to Nash's groin or kick to Stat's leg? No B Diddy suspension for flagrant elbows to the man D. Fisher's domepiece?

They shoulda dinged Horry one game and that shoulda been it.

The Spurs end up benefitting from Horry's thuggery. Awesome, NBA. Just awesome.

Yeah... or carry out the suspension next season or fine double in lieu of suspension or SOMETHING. This way, you once again have Stern and the refs deciding whole series.

I think since the Nuggets/Knicks brawl the rule is if you leave the bench during an altercation it is an automatic 1 game suspension. The argument is, though, that Amare was getting up to check in to the game, not to go beat up Bob. Bob got 2 games? I didn't realize that. Was the foul deemed a flagrant 1 or 2?

Gotcha. Of course, the argument about checking in is complete bs, they were clearly checking out what was happening on the court. Still, suspending them is crap.

Why do you say that Bowen and Tim should be suspended? Just was they are the Spurs equivalent of Stoud and Diaw? They were in the game and not involved.

If Spurs win tonight I will not feel good about the win, but you can't blame the Spurs for it- they didn't make the call. There are still (potentially) two games left after tonight, and you can't underestimate Amare or the power of being pissed off (which he will have on his side).

If Spurs win tonight I will not feel good about the win, but you can't blame the Spurs for it- they didn't make the call. There are still (potentially) two games left after tonight, and you can't underestimate Amare or the power of being pissed off (which he will have on his side).

Yup. I'm sorry, but it's a wrap for the Suns tonight. The best they can hope for is a close game.

However, I'm counting on the pissed Amare factor to get the Suns the "W" in game 6.

I agree. Give Horry one game and leave everybody else the fuck alone! Let them play the game for christ's sake.

Horry's thuggery

Dudes seriously that foul wasn't the problem. It was hard and possibly flagrant (like plenty of others in this series), but if Bell hadn't gone after him for it than this wouldn't have happened. If you want to blame anyone for the outcome blame Bell for starting shit.

Gotcha. Of course, the argument about checking in is complete bs, they were clearly checking out what was happening on the court. Still, suspending them is crap.

Why do you say that Bowen and Tim should be suspended? Just was they are the Spurs equivalent of Stoud and Diaw? They were in the game and not involved.

Well regarding Bowen/Duncan (I think it was Bowen, I know it was Duncan), they left the bench earlier in the game during a similar potential altercation and nobody said shit. And you're right too, it's not the Spurs' fault that the calls went the way they did, but it's still extremely suspect as it is pretty obvious and well known that Stern is a big Spurs fan. Again, not their fault, but it still sucks! Haha.

Horry's thuggery

Dudes seriously that foul wasn't the problem. It was hard and possibly flagrant (like plenty of others in this series), but if Bell hadn't gone after him for it than this wouldn't have happened. If you want to blame anyone for the outcome blame Bell for starting shit.

See that's not right to me. You cannot blame a team for standing tall when something like that happens to their leader. Horry is damn near twice Nash's size and should've known better. It was absolutely the foul that was the problem. If things were reversed, and Stoudamire had clotheslined Tony Parker, the same thing would've happened.

Horry's thuggery

Well you and Pop feel the same way but most of the non black-and-silver wearing world feels differently. I mean is the irony not blatant when POP is accusing any opponent of flopping? That's the funniest shit ever from the flop-masters.

"It's shit like this that's gon' bring this situation to a head."

After all the Suns have been through, that Horry cheapie was the final straw and no one is really mad at the Suns for that.

DO Y'ALL SEE HOW HARD IT IS TO BEAT THE SPURS? HOW CAN WE BEAT THAT FUCKING TEAM BUT WE CAN'T BEAT THE DAMN DUBS? FUCK.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    All I gotta say is fuck the goddamn Jazz. I have hated that team since Stockton-Malone.

I'm not mad at the Dubs. They accomplished what they set out to at the beginning of the season which was to make the playoffs. The icing on the cake was beating the Mavericks, which absolutely nobody picked them to do. They made history, so you really gotta look at the season as a huge success. Even if they did make it to the WCF against the Spurs or Suns, I don't see any way they could have won.

That said, the Warriors need some inside presence. I don't see Biedrins developing into a reliable inside threat so the thought of KG is extremely attractive, and perhaps a banger like Najera or something. It'll be an interesting off season, but it's clear that they have to make some changes.

Hopefully this isn't the last of Warriors playoff runs.

Now I'm rooting for the Suns.

The icing on the cake was beating the Mavericks, which absolutely nobody picked them to do.

I DID!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That said, the Warriors need some inside presence.

If J. O'Neil doesn't end up in New York (where he reportedly would like to be next season), I think he would be a great fit in Oakland.

The icing on the cake was beating the Mavericks, which absolutely nobody picked them to do.

I DID!

This he did.

That cake tasted like a shit cake to me. Oh well. We'll be back.....

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    All I gotta say is fuck the goddamn Jazz. I have hated that team since Stockton-Malone.

I'm not mad at the Dubs. They accomplished what they set out to at the beginning of the season which was to make the playoffs. The icing on the cake was beating the Mavericks, which absolutely nobody picked them to do. They made history, so you really gotta look at the season as a huge success. Even if they did make it to the WCF against the Spurs or Suns, I don't see any way they could have won.

That said, the Warriors need some inside presence. I don't see Biedrins developing into a reliable inside threat so the thought of KG is extremely attractive, and perhaps a banger like Najera or something. It'll be an interesting off season, but it's clear that they have to make some changes.

Hopefully this isn't the last of Warriors playoff runs.

Now I'm rooting for the Suns.

yeah it was a great season for the dubs. my life can now return to normal, that is after a bit of grieving.

i actually think Bierdrins can be a solid post center, i do think the warriors need a rebounding power forward though. David Lee seriously comes to mind. I wouldnt mind seeing Kevin Garnett in warriors blue and yellow.

Let the healing begin. fuck them jazz!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    That said, the Warriors need some inside presence.

If J. O'Neil doesn't end up in New York (where he reportedly would like to be next season), I think he would be a great fit in Oakland.

true, although that would bring even more thug life to Oakland, which I'm not sure they need. Stephen Jackson is already a walking time bomb.

Horry's thuggery

See that's not right to me. You cannot blame a team for standing tall when something like that happens to their leader. Horry is damn near twice Nash's size and should've known better. It was absolutely the foul that was the problem. If things were reversed, and Stoudamire had clotheslined Tony Parker, the same thing would've happened.

That's street talk!

Hard fouls happen in basketball and that's why there's a call for flagrants. And Horry was ejected on top of that.

Starting fights is not a part of the game (well, not officially anyway). It has nothing to do with "standing up for your leader" IMO. These days the rules about altercations are real cut and dry. Horry should have known better, but so should Raja. I disagree with your implication that when a player fouls too hard they are instigating a fight.

It's not always an instigation, but come on. The Spurs let the game slip away, it was a done deal at the time of the foul, Horry was ostensibly trying to stop the clock but instead he put the leader of the team - in what was clearly meant to be a "statement" - on his ass.

I am not saying that they should've been excused, but I do think it's a terrible message for the league to send and stinks of favoritism.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    And I'm glad to see Dee Brown back on the court. That was a scary incident. Nice run Golden State, you may be out of the playoffs, but you made history. Biggest 1st round playoffs upset ever. That's something to be proud of.

all of this. That Dee Brown shit was scary for sure. Neck injuries like that are so dangerous--it's good to see Brown didn't get much more than a stiff neck and a good scare.

As for the Warriors...they pretty obviously put everything they had into beating the Mavs and had nothing left over for the second round. But that's certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Hell of a season, Gol'en Stay!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I agree. Give Horry one game and leave everybody else the fuck alone! Let them play the game for christ's sake.

PHOENIX IS GOING TO GO HARD TONIGHT

IN ALL FAIRNESS POP SHOULD SIT DUNCAN AND BRENT BARRY OR SOMETHING, BUT THAT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN

PHX IN 7

GAME
    OVER

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

As for the Warriors...they pretty obviously put everything they had into beating the Mavs and had nothing left over for the second round.

well...let's not forget that they did totally embarass the Jazz in Game 3. And Davis' dunk on AK will go down in history.

but yeah, staying power is an issue with those guys.

yeah it was a great season for the dubs. my life can now return to normal, that is after a bit of grieving.