Turf Talk "West Coast Vaccine" tracklisting

13»

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    He's the official dj for Sic Wid It

:jealous:

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    (first scratches on a sic wid it jump since Seattle native Funkdaddy killed "Sideways" I think).

There was definitely a lot of scratching on the Sick Wid It Umbrella comp and maybe Turf's Collabalation as well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

So what's the story with this? I've gone to three different stores and nada. Amoeba says it was probably pushed back. Truth?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    its out. there's some winner's on that album.

• sergserg 682 Posts

So what's the story with this? I've gone to three different stores and nada. Amoeba says it was probably pushed back. Truth?

I bought this at amoeba sf

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I bought this at amoeba sf

Guess it takes awhile to get down to LA. This has got to be hurting sales pretty bad.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    The absence of Tower Records is also a huge factor. As a bay-centric chain they usually were heavily stocked with SWR releases on date of release (at least the one here was). Now I'm not so sure that a single store in my city will stock their releases. I had to special order a copy. Should be coming in tomorrow.

That being said, I don't think Sick Wid It is all that concerned with sales outside of the bay. In addition to the dismal distro there has been virtually zero press or advertising on a national level, despite the fact that a handful of industry insiders are/were buzzing about it.

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    The absence of Tower Records is also a huge factor. As a bay-centric chain they usually were heavily stocked with SWR releases on date of release (at least the one here was). Now I'm not so sure that a single store in my city will stock their releases. I had to special order a copy. Should be coming in tomorrow.

That being said, I don't think Sick Wid It is all that concerned with sales outside of the bay. In addition to the dismal distro there has been virtually zero press or advertising on a national level, despite the fact that a handful of industry insiders are/were buzzing about it.

i interviewed mr bernstein for a 1-pager in the last fader but haven't really seen him in other mags. i think there was a 1-page thing in XXL in winter/spring maybe?

http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/04/19/turf-talk-tracks

it's one solid-ass album, best buy finally got it in this week.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I bought this at Zia Records in Tucson