Turf Talk "West Coast Vaccine" tracklisting

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Jake One beat on here is mucho fire-o!!!

^YEP

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I love the internet b/w the Jake One beat on here is mucho fire-o!!!

glad yall liked it. Did the whole album leak? I've been bumpin this album pretty hard last couple months.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

glad yall liked it. Did the whole album leak? I've been bumpin this album pretty hard last couple months.

Yup. I just DL'ed it 20 minutes ago. I'll be buying it Tuesday though!

Yup. I just DL'ed it 20 minutes ago. I'll be buying it Tuesday though!

Damn it must really be comin out. I'll be coppin on Tuesday as well.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    Hoping to death they put "Groupie" out as a single.

*b/w

"Forty didn't hit but he got a little heeeaadd yeaaaaaayyaahh."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    OUT TOMORROW

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Intro
    Special guest: Akronems of Writers Block
    Produced by Nick Fury
    Recorded & engineered by Del Everingham, Dustin "Nump" Perfetto & Michael Denten
    Mixed by Michael Denten at Infinite Studios

• dude yesssssss.

Po Po's!!!!!!

PO PO's!!!!

sooo good.

Turf was just on the radio (kmel) for about an hour or so pushing for tuesday's sales, and talking about not being squared away in the "hyphy box". Dude is versatile. He's gonna be at one of the Rasputin's (berkeley, I presume)tomorrow hanging out and signing CD's.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Bump for the fact that this has been absolutely killing me for the last couple of days. Think this is probably my album of the year so far. Rick Rock's beats are bananas.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Intro is one of my favorite joints out right now. So fucking good. (Not sure about the spoken word bit though but the beat is doooooooope).

Liquor Store Skit

I should note however, remaking "Black Korea", even for laughs, is rather

Don't let Ken Eng near this!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This record is great.

Support quality independent hip-hop, you little dudes.

So I went to seven record stores and none of em had it!! Anybody in Seattle have a clue on where to find this? I'm not tryin to wait on Sic Wid It to send me one.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So I went to seven record stores and none of em had it!! Anybody in Seattle have a clue on where to find this? I'm not tryin to wait on Sic Wid It to send me one.

Damn, that's disappointing. If there are no distro problems, I hope they get ironed out.

I went ahead and ordered it online, because I wouldn't even know where to look for it in New York.

Damn, that's disappointing. If there are no distro problems, I hope they get ironed out.

I went ahead and ordered it online, because I wouldn't even know where to look for it in New York.

Good Records not stocking?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I keed.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

I went to Streetlight on 24th Tuesday and they said that they saw it in the computer, but that *none* of their stores had it. They listed 6/5 as the release date, but said it looked like it had been pushed back.

Now that I have proven that I attempted to purchase it, I will admit to DLing an advance (I still plan to cop the actual CD, though). I really love this album. I'm pleasantly surprised by how "old school informed" it is, from the chirp scratching to the interpolations and classic hooks.

Question: what is the original song being referenced when 40 says, "Sicwidit is the crew that you must hear"? I know that De La Soul used that on Stakes Is High, but I'm sure they were referencing someone, too.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    MANTRONIX IS THE CREW THAT YOU MUST HEAR BUT PLEASE DON'T GET CONCERNED
    ALTHOUGH OUR FLOWS ARE REALLY HOT, WE'RE REALLY NOT HERE TO BURN

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Question: what is the original song being referenced when 40 says, "Sicwidit is the crew that you must hear"? I know that De La Soul used that on Stakes Is High, but I'm sure they were referencing someone, too.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

I went to Streetlight on 24th Tuesday and they said that they saw it in the computer, but that *none* of their stores had it. They listed 6/5 as the release date, but said it looked like it had been pushed back.

Now that I have proven that I attempted to purchase it, I will admit to DLing an advance (I still plan to cop the actual CD, though). I really love this album. I'm pleasantly surprised by how "old school informed" it is, from the chirp scratching to the interpolations and classic hooks.

Your so Ross. To fully appreciate the authentic hyphy movement you can't go to Streetlight. You need to go to Moses music AT LEAST to get the real experience of local music. Otherwise you're a poser who ain't about shit who's really just too much of a shook-ass carpetbagger.

Have you tried 'shroomin' to the album?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Damn, Archaic got all up in your britches!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Your so Ross. To fully appreciate the authentic hyphy movement you can't go to Streetlight. You need to go to Moses music AT LEAST to get the real experience of local music. Otherwise you're a poser who ain't about shit who's really just too much of a shook-ass carpetbagger.

Have you tried 'shroomin' to the album?

No thank you Monsieur Jockeur, I won't ever need you to deep throat me like this again.

Damn, Archaic got all up in your britches!

He's a nagging todler at best.

I won't ever need you to deep throat me like this again.

project much?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Jake...

Is DJ Erock from Seattle? Pinoy? I think I may have met him about 8-9 years ago when I was out there visiting DV. I think I read an a recent article on dude and if it's the same guy he's pretty major on the mixtape scene now, right?

Actually, there's a 'Strutter named Erock too? Same dude?

I realize Erock is a pretty common Hip Hop name but I figured with the Seattle connection and all...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo, i couldn't find this anywhere too! i have to order it online i guess.

what's that whistling shit from "ghetto" from? it sounds really familiar.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Hi Ro$$, J'$h & Pat!

I need to check this immediately! PM me when some 12" wax can be aquired so that I don't miss it!

Hi Ro$$, J'$h & Pat!

I need to check this immediately! PM me when some 12" wax can be aquired so that I don't miss it!

Is this album even on wax?

I'd cop.

Jake...

Is DJ Erock from Seattle? Pinoy? I think I may have met him about 8-9 years ago when I was out there visiting DV. I think I read an a recent article on dude and if it's the same guy he's pretty major on the mixtape scene now, right?

Actually, there's a 'Strutter named Erock too? Same dude?

I realize Erock is a pretty common Hip Hop name but I figured with the Seattle connection and all...

Nah its actually a different dude. I saw the Seattle E Rock at a high school basketball game a couple months ago and he's in the cut these days. You probably met him with DV back in the day. E Rock from the bay is the one doin the scratches on the album (first scratches on a sic wid it jump since Seattle native Funkdaddy killed "Sideways" I think). He's the official dj for Sic Wid It and a cool dude as well. They are actually both Filipino.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Hi Ro$$, J'$h & Pat!

Is this album even on wax?

I'd cop.

Probably not going to be, but I was talking about possible singles.