Keep or Sell?: Funkadelic - S/T

13»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    If you dont like the record, fine, but I have never understood having a record collection that is only made up of the uber raer/obscure. If you are into soul music, why wouldnt you want to have the classics as well? Seems silly to me to have, say a Turner Bros. LP in the collection, but no Funkadelic or the like...

I know most dudes up here know Funkadelic and other classics inside and out, but this thread kinda reminds me of the danny digalots 'round theseaprts who sweat the $500 45, but if you played them an "Engine Number Nine" or a "Rockin' in the same old boat" they wouldnt even know who the fuck you were playing, but who's curiosity about the records would disappear as soon as you told them they were $1 45s. (KEEP IN MIND I AM NOT SAYING ANY POSTER IN THIS THREAD IS OF THAT ILK...ALL "FUCK YOU, I KNOW SOUL BETTER THAN YOU" RESPONSES WILL BE IGNORED...Sorry, but I had to say that, because it seems dudes just read what they wanna read, especially if it can be beef inducing)

FUCK YOU, I KNOW SOUL BETTER THAN YOU.

And I just got that astrud gilberto you hipped me to.

YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR PANTS FIT PROPERLY!

Anywho...I have another CD for ya but Im waitin' on this raw funky garage thing from Spain to arrive and I wanna put that on the CD...

• YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR PANTS FIT PROPERLY!

GRAEMLIN PLAESE!!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    what is soul? Rey don't know!

yeah this thread proves how up tight [as if we didn't already know]redundo really is

you need to
    get your ass beat
    or beat some ass
    drop acid/x at least once
    smoke some weed
    do some kung fu or yoga
    meditate
    have a religious experience
    travel to europe or south america or africa
    have sex with a big booty latina/black girl/or a crazy white girl
    get a tattoo or a prince albert
    then maybe you'll be half cool and begin to understand the funk
    till then you really are officially an unfunky toy/weenie
    I have too much self respect and inherent worth to be anything like you.

sorry sonny but i know you can't read music or play any instruments,let alone program beats or produce/enigineer/do live sound/FOH for a LIVING.

the truth is you are an internet informed consumer with a very narrow limited taste in music
    just like you unloaded all of that hip hop when you were "over the Trend"
    one day you will sell all of yer wax when you get over it
    now sit back down in your little palmspringsnightmare/bubble and keep that lp
    SON

REDUNDO=definition Of MAXIMUM POSER TOY

woah.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

yeah this thread proves how up tight [as if we didn't already know]redundo really is

you need to
    get your ass beat
    or beat some ass
    smoke some weed
    do some kung fu or yoga
    meditate

sorry sonny but i know you can't read music or play any instruments,let alone program beats or produce/enigineer/do live sound/FOH for a LIVING.

the truth is you are an internet informed consumer with a very narrow limited taste in music
    SON

Seriously dude, shut the fuck up.

• Seriously dude, shut the fuck up.

Stop quoting his words. It only makes my ignore "kala" feature useless.

Stop quoting his words. It only makes my ignore "kala" feature useless.

Crap, I forgot about the ignore function.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    It's not really movin' me like a record I would keep should.

No, Rey!!! Don't sell it!!! I'm biased, though, because I'm a Funkadelic head. To each his own, but I still love that period of Funkadelic's music immensely, so I'm ridin' for the S/T. I think I'll put it on the turntable right now. Thanks for the inspiration.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

you need to
    get your ass beat
    or beat some ass
    smoke some weed
    do some kung fu or yoga
    meditate

SON

hey sensorcunt truth hurts
    now
    go back to your little self created saftey space where you control what people can write and think
    FLACIDERMY PEICE OF SHIT

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    You know that nearly everyone is going to tell you to keep it.
    Of course I knew that--most people, for various reasons, have low standards for what qualifies as "phenomenal" and thus worth keeping. I was hoping to hear from the important few people who I know are discerning listeners, and have proven themselves to be honest and straight-forward, and have high standards.

I dont know what is more funny...Kala's meglomanical rant, or Reynaldo's defintion of "high standards" and "important people", this thread is funny funny funny

You haven't lived till you been accused of having "redundo's little flacid weenie in your mouth" via PM.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

read music or play any instruments, program beats or produce/enigineer/do live sound/FOH for a LIVING.
    I sometimes think these skills are a curse rather than a blessing in the "do it for a living" scheme of things. Especially the last three. Nothing to really brag about that's for sure. BTW, how do you make a living off of them?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    You haven't lived till you been accused of having "redundo's little flacid weenie in your mouth" via PM.

Are we talking about your waxidermy inbox? You should start a little blog with the highlights.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Which label? Light Blue or Vomit?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Vomit.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    great album, I need a copy

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I need that popcorn eating graemlin.

I can say that crink's inbox must be rad. I got some spill-over in my inbox during the great waxidermy beef days.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Vomit.

Never seen it, but supposedly there's a version with the "Westbound truck" logo as well.

The credits to the truck-era Best Of The Early Years mention the original Funkadelic albums with new catalog numbers, so if they weren't reissued with this label design, somebody obviously intended to.