Ahmad - Back in the Day question

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Go climb back in your cave, Robert.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

OK, C ya.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Criticizing this song for being soft is really strange to me. Of course, it's soft--it's a barbeque-jam, reminiscing song. If anybody doesn't like it, fine, I don't really care, but to criticize it for being exactly what it's supposed to be doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

As far as I can tell, Faux's criticism that it's "rap music for people who don't like rap music" is based more on the fact that it was popular amongst becky's than it has to do with the actual sound of the music.

-e

Criticizing this song for being soft is really strange to me. Of course, it's soft--it's a barbeque-jam, reminiscing song. If anybody doesn't like it, fine, I don't really care, but to criticize it for being exactly what it's supposed to be doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

As far as I can tell, Faux's criticism that it's "rap music for people who don't like rap music" is based more on the fact that it was popular amongst becky's than it has to do with the actual sound of the music.

-e

When was Back in the Day ever popular with Becky's though?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    My biggest beef with this song is that dude was all of 18 years old talking about "the good ol' days". It also sort of kicked off a wack trend of nostalgia rap. That said...uh...I like the song.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    My biggest beef with this song is that dude was all of 18 years old talking about "the good ol' days". It also sort of kicked off a wack trend of nostalgia rap. That said...uh...I like the song.
    hah even stranger than this is that i connected with it when i was maybe 10 years old. what was i nostalgic for ??? eight years old??

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

When that song came out, it was popular with the becky's in my area.
    OG Becky's still request it.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

hah even stranger than this is that i connected with it when i was maybe 10 years old.

it's odd that you just connected with this song two years ago. it's a pretty old joint.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

i cant say i've ever met a becky that knew ahmad!

• Criticizing this song for being soft is really strange to me. Of course, it's soft--it's a barbeque-jam, reminiscing song. If anybody doesn't like it, fine, I don't really care, but to criticize it for being exactly what it's supposed to be doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

-e

Yes.

WB Moesha Rap.

File with Anotha Level.

What's that you say about BAldwin Hills?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Actually they just call it "the back in the day song"

I don't think they know who Ahmad is!!!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Actually they just call it "the back in the day song"

I don't think they know who Ahmad is!!!
    even then, you guys know some old-ass beckys

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

OG Becky's

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

-e

Yes.

WB Moesha Rap.

File with Anotha Level.

I don't mean to be an asshole, but is a member of the People Under the Stairs criticizing Ahmad and Anotha Level for being suburb rap?

Hm.

I don't know if it was really "Beckys" listening to this song, but I do know it was huge when I lived in the bay.

-e

• Criticizing this song for being soft is really strange to me. Of course, it's soft--it's a barbeque-jam, reminiscing song. If anybody doesn't like it, fine, I don't really care, but to criticize it for being exactly what it's supposed to be doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

-e

Yes.

WB Moesha Rap.

File with Anotha Level.

I don't mean to be an asshole, but is a member of the People Under the Stairs criticizing Ahmad and Anotha Level for being suburb rap?

Hm.

I don't know if it was really "Beckys" listening to this song, but I do know it was huge when I lived in the bay.

-e

Speak not of what you know not E. I said nothing about the suburbs I said Baldwin Hills and if you don't know what I'm talking about it isn't intended for you.

Also, duly noted that because we don't rap about shooting people or slangin' that somehow we have mystically become suburb rap.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

-e

Yes.

WB Moesha Rap.

File with Anotha Level.

Hm.

-e

Speak not of what you know not E. I said nothing about the suburbs I said Baldwin Hills and if you don't know what I'm talking about it isn't intended for you.

Also, duly noted that because we don't rap about shooting people or slangin' that somehow we have mystically become suburb rap.

You're right. I didn't know a damn thing abuot Baldwin Hills, but now I do... but I'm still not quite sure what your reference is supposed to communicate about Ahmad and Anotha Level. Apparently, it's "not intended for me," but I'm still curious.

-e

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

OK, C ya.

technically I think this is a burrow.

OK, C ya.

techinically I think this is a burrow.

Rabbit hole.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

OK, C ya.

techinically I think this is a burrow.

Rabbit hole.

clearly there was more thought put into this than I gave you credit for.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I always thought this shit was mad soft.

Was that from your gun toting days? Just curious.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yawn... Okay, mister iThug.

LOL

Gotta admit the ironing is delicious.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

LOL

Sorry, I don't speak that language.

LOL

haha, I thought that one would go over your head. Simpson's reference.

I always liked the track with Ahmad, Saafir, and Ras Kass. What was it? Pitch hitter?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

LOL

haha, I thought that one would go over your head.

Well there you have it. I'm obviously outmatched in this battle of wit. And I have a very high IQ - oh, the ironing of it!

I always liked the track with Ahmad, Saafir, and Ras Kass. What was it? Pitch hitter?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    "Back in the day" is a terrible song......but what the hell do i know....i think "Humpty Dance" is a terrible song.

What's the matter? You got sand in your vagina?

What's the matter? You got sand in your vagina?

no, but this song was already mentioned by an astute hip-hop scholar further up in the thread. read-up on your read-ups.

it's called "Come Widdit."