Ahmad - Back in the Day question

124»

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I always liked the track with Ahmad, Saafir, and Ras Kass. What was it? Pitch hitter?

What's the matter? You got sand in your vagina?

no, but this song was already mentioned by an astute hip-hop scholar further up in the thread. read-up on your read-ups.

it's called "Come Widdit."

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    OK, so if BITD you listened to Back In The Day, you were either:
    A) From LA and somehow thought this song was ok OR
    B) You watched The Grind and listened to Ahmad to get in touch with your sensitive side and reminisce.

This song sux ass.

PS I have a sealed or better copy of the LP if someone is feeling nostalgic.

• 1). That track= you have to be from cali to understand.

2). Nothing wrong with living in safe place, even if it is the suburbs.

3). there's a 3 page thread on fucking Ahmad? Who wants to start a 3 page thread on Mad Kap?

1). That track= you have to be from cali to understand.

That's what I was thinking. I did and still do think the song is gabage tho.

• Criticizing this song for being soft is really strange to me. Of course, it's soft--it's a barbeque-jam, reminiscing song. If anybody doesn't like it, fine, I don't really care, but to criticize it for being exactly what it's supposed to be doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

As far as I can tell, Faux's criticism that it's "rap music for people who don't like rap music" is based more on the fact that it was popular amongst becky's than it has to do with the actual sound of the music.

-e

When was Back in the Day ever popular with Becky's though?

Yes.

WB Moesha Rap.

File with Anotha Level.

What's that you say about BAldwin Hills?

I don't mean to be an asshole, but is a member of the People Under the Stairs criticizing Ahmad and Anotha Level for being suburb rap?

Hm.

I don't know if it was really "Beckys" listening to this song, but I do know it was huge when I lived in the bay.

-e

Speak not of what you know not E. I said nothing about the suburbs I said Baldwin Hills and if you don't know what I'm talking about it isn't intended for you.

Also, duly noted that because we don't rap about shooting people or slangin' that somehow we have mystically become suburb rap.

You're right. I didn't know a damn thing abuot Baldwin Hills, but now I do... but I'm still not quite sure what your reference is supposed to communicate about Ahmad and Anotha Level. Apparently, it's "not intended for me," but I'm still curious.

-e

Thes:

Emynd did beats for Anticon. Just sayin'.

• 1). That track= you have to be from cali to understand.

your obviously removed from your local palm trees and ranch style home experience.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

2). Nothing wrong with living in safe place, even if it is the suburbs San Mateo.

dude you weren't kidding about not trying to hang with the kid! what four shots of Patron one night and you're shook?!? you missed out Sat night.

1). That track= you have to be from cali to understand.

your obviously removed from your local palm trees and ranch style home experience.

Yes, yes I am. The cold of NY got a man bitter.
    I much prefer WC And The Maad Circle-Ain't a Damn Thang Changed or OFTB to Ahmad.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I'm not from cali, but I always liked this track. But what do I know? I liked the Domino album! I also vaguely remember giving a copy of the 12" to Miss Bassie.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    And wasn't this dude some sort of peripheral Project Blowed member?

U done did it now!!!......CandymanCandyManCandyMan........

That one had me LOLerskating!

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    And what about Dred Scott, another peripheral Good Lifer who also had a minor hit called Back In The Days in 1994 ?