A new classic from the best rapper alive: July 3

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    t.i. > anyone rapping in texas

except scarface

imo: t.i. < bun-b

bring the hatt.
    more people probably agree with you
    i dont but its kind of difficult when yr comparing legends vs. dudes just now in their prime so....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

except scarface

T.I. = great artist/decent rapper

Strictly rap-wise out of Texas, I'd take Z-Ro and Gerald G over T.I. any day of the week.

And if we added it all up, I'd take Devin over T.I. as an artist as well.

Plus in my book (now considering the whole South), T.I. has yet to surpass Juvenile on the lifetime achievement steez.
    devin is funny n all but he's never done anything remotely on the level of trap muzik
    lol

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

except scarface

Strictly rap-wise out of Texas, I'd take Z-Ro and Gerald G over T.I. any day of the week.

Plus in my book (now considering the whole South), T.I. has yet to surpass Juvenile on the lifetime achievement steez.
    devin is funny n all but he's never done anything remotely on the level of trap muzik
    lol
    where does amanda blank stand on this spectrum?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

except scarface

lol
    where does amanda blank stand on this spectrum?
    lol

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

except scarface

imo: t.i. < bun-b

bring the hatt.
    more people probably agree with you

i dont but its kind of difficult when yr comparing legends vs. dudes just now in their prime so....

but who are the legends and who are in their prime here? I would say: Legend- Scarface; Prime- t.i. & bun-b (although his prime comes a bit late on the typical rapper age scale, i don't know if he's quite a "legend" in terms of how he's percieved in the spectrum of average folks outside of the south, most of whom have probably never heard old UGK shit, but they know the chorus to "what you know?".)
    Maybe the new album will top Ridin Dirty, maybe not. The single is fantastic. Just wish it would quit being pushed back.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    bun b is a legend

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Big Shit Poppin

beat by Mannie Fresh is rather "nice!"

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Big Shit Poppin

This is the score to the upcoming Top Gun sequel, right?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this is more like the score to hill st blues

• dayday 9,611 Posts

1a. T.I. is not better than Big Daddy Kane in his prime.

Looks we can agree on something.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    All T.I. is missing is just Shawty Redd. Manny was on some im-gonna-play-some-guitar-wit-my-keyboard-in-theadlib shyt and i didnt like that. Can't wait to hear the rest tho'...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Big Shit Poppin

This is the score to the upcoming Top Gun sequel, right?

No, this is the secret guest appearance for the upcoming Boston Stadium Rock wild out tour. The beat's fresh enough for me though.

TI's voice is a little bit more Tom Waits on this one.

The album could potentially be a banger.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I listened to "Big Shit Poppin'" 4 times in a row this morning.

why would you do something like that?

I think we need a new graemlin: "So Un-Necessary"

I know I'm not the only dude here who doesn't "get" this track .. right?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Big Shit Poppin - It's alright. I agree that the guitar synth is pretty damn cheesy.

Also, here is a Tape Masters pre-release mixtape for T.I. vs. T.I.P.

http://rapidshare.com/files/22891478/I_Am__T.I._vs._Tip__CATCH.DL.AM_.rar

• sergserg 682 Posts
    why you gonna throw up a link and no password

Didn't know it was pw protected. My bad! The pw is:

catch.dl.am

All T.I. is missing is just Shawty Redd.

Oh HELLS yes. Shawty Redd is dope. Halloween twilight zone trill bounce beats. The first song off that newest Jeezy personifies his sound. I've always dug that guy's beats.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    but
    Big Shit Poppin - It's alright. I agree that the guitar synth is pretty damn cheesy.

seriously tryin to be but failing

seriously i really wondering what's going on with rappers nowadays when they pick beats...i know publishing deals rules, but still, sometimes it's better to let go some points and get some nice tracks...Shawty got mad talents keyboard-wise. I like his sub-bass game. He's one of a kind. Any Paul Wall attempt to make music is never as good as a Shawty Redd track. Shyyyyyyyyyt...I want to hear some more from dude.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

I think we need a new graemlin: "So Un-Necessary"

I'm not feelin' it neither.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Also, here is a Tape Masters pre-release mixtape for T.I. vs. T.I.P.

http://rapidshare.com/files/22891478/I_Am__T.I._vs._Tip__CATCH.DL.AM_.rar
    wait...is there ANYTHING new on this?

Shawty got mad talents keyboard-wise. I like his sub-bass game. He's one of a kind. Any Paul Wall attempt to make music is never as good as a Shawty Redd track. Shyyyyyyyyyt...I want to hear some more from dude.

i couldn't cosign this enough. I'm really interested to hear some more of his stuff as well.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    eeehhh this track is ok. Guitar is deifnately on some Top Gun shit.

Nothing to get worked up over.

In fact for how bad sales are nowadays I am surprised they didn't make the beat big shit poppin. I hope he has a better follow up single.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I've heard of T.O. (Terrell Owens) and TJ (Tijuana), but never T.I.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    All T.I. is missing is just Shawty Redd.

Oh HELLS yes. Shawty Redd is dope. Halloween twilight zone trill bounce beats. The first song off that newest Jeezy personifies his sound. I've always dug that guy's beats.

Hypnotize is the shit. That beat is some theme music for real. Dude needs to score a horror movie.

Jake i need to holla at you again...can you PM some AIM, MSN or whatsoever so we can talk a minute. Thx.

As as far as scoring movie, he studied some nice OST. I guss that's where his pattern comes from. He replayed some Mike Oldfield stuff for one of his track. Butter.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Eh, guess I'm alone on this one... but this sounds better than What You Know to me

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Hypmotize is the shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Eh, guess I'm alone on this one... but this sounds better than What You Know to me

Hypmotiiiiiiiiiiize! You are hypmotiiiiiiiiized!

I COMMAND YOU TO GET MONEY![/b]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I like this record, too--not more than "What You Know"--but I do think these little SoulStrut dudes are confused on this one.