tragedy appreciation

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
the dude has a looong history, from hiphop kids, to the symphony, to...

an ode to grandma where he talks about bustin his first nut is weird but props to the intelligent hoodlum!

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think this album is severely under-rated... also love the cover:

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I think this album is severely under-rated... also love the cover:

Also enjoy the "Funk Mode" and "Judas Theory" 12's as well as some of the Iron Sheiks material...

• I wanted to punch him after seeing his movie

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I wanted to punch him after seeing his movie
    are you talking about that qb doc? anybody peeped that?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    nope...whats the deal?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    nope...whats the deal?
    i haven't seen it. i wanted to know what the deal is too.

• Great Tragedy story: He was on the radio one night maybe 10-12 years ago on some mix show, I think Stretch Armstrong. It was late and they were taking calls from listeners my dude's dude called up and told him that "Intelligent Hoodlum" was the first album he ever boosted. Instead of taking offense or anything like that, the intelligent hoodlum was true to his name and gave dude the number of the 25 to Life office on some "only a true fan would risk his freedom to take my shit out the store" and told him to call 25 to Life whenever new shit came out and he would hook him up with a free copy, which he always did from that point on.

This dude is a true nut and definitely not a guy to be lightly trifled with, and definitely a "tragedy" in the sense that his personal issue have always gotten in the way of his immense talent. He discovered Capone and Noreaga and gave Havoc his name and generally has been the godfather to alot of the talent in QB.

"Funk Mode" w/him and Large Professor is one of the hardest songs of all time... "Extra P on the crossfader/the Darth Vader".

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah, but why does nativetounges want to punch him?

• yeah, but why does nativetounges want to punch him?
    I dunno, maybe he wants Tragedy to kick his ass?

He discovered Capone and Noreaga and gave Havoc his name and generally has been the godfather to alot of the talent in QB.

I think you can hear the emergence of elements of the QB style that you hear later on from Nas and Mobb on those Superkids records.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    He discovered Capone and Noreaga and gave Havoc his name and generally has been the godfather to alot of the talent in QB.

I think you can hear the emergence of elements of the QB style that you hear later on from Nas and Mobb on those Superkids records.
    dude was pretty advanced for being a kid.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I really would love to hear "Arrest The President" right now. That song definitely put my head on sideways when I first heard it.

My dude has told me some crazy stories about Tragedy on the Black-Israelite tip.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

The verse on that Hot Day 12" is

The verse on that Hot Day 12" is

Yeah, I was thinking of that specifically.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

thank you! I completely forgot how much i loved this track! indded.

• Great Tragedy story: He was on the radio one night maybe 10-12 years ago on some mix show, I think Stretch Armstrong. It was late and they were taking calls from listeners my dude's dude called up and told him that "Intelligent Hoodlum" was the first album he ever boosted. Instead of taking offense or anything like that, the intelligent hoodlum was true to his name and gave dude the number of the 25 to Life office on some "only a true fan would risk his freedom to take my shit out the store" and told him to call 25 to Life whenever new shit came out and he would hook him up with a free copy, which he always did from that point on.

Haha dope story.

Intelligent Hoodlum was tooo dope. Pump The Funk and Mad Brothas Know His Name and Grand Groove are all really dope tracks.

I wasn't feeling his first album much. I didn't like the beats as much but there were some nice tracks, just not as solid as Saga of a Hoodlum.

• live motivator off in control vol 1 is my shit....with the collage replay. heavy duty shit.

damn i miss the 80s..shits all stale now.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Late pass mp3s ? The drums on that video are serious.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    tragedy, the band, are way better.
    DO YOUR RESEARCH>

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

• For anyone who may not have them, Nature Sounds is about to re-release Intelligent Hoodlum and Saga Of A Hoodlum as a 2xCD limited set, along with a few unreleased remixes/rarities and whatnot... May 8th i believe is street date.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    hell yeh i have been bumpin hi first labum for the last month in the store. Revisited after completelyf rogetting about it for a couple of years.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    For anyone who may not have them, Nature Sounds is about to re-release Intelligent Hoodlum and Saga Of A Hoodlum as a 2xCD limited set, along with a few unreleased remixes/rarities and whatnot... May 8th i believe is street date.

was just listening to that joint off in control vol. 1

• His verse on the Juice Crew All Stars record is great.

forgot about "Arrest the president"!!! talk about fast rap!

we havent mentioned "live and direct from the house of hits" yet.so classic.

we still havent heard back about the QB movie thats going to make us want to punch him

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

we still havent heard back about the QB movie thats going to make us want to punch him

The doc has apparently been popping up sporadically at small film festivals for a few years now, but I first caught wind of it a few weeks ago. I can't wait to see it. I never would have dreamed a movie about him would actually happen. Such a worthy subject.

Still not sure why the movie's gonna make me wanna punch him, though.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    Is Tragedy: The Story of Queensbridge out on DVD? Anyone know where I can get it?

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Is Tragedy: The Story of Queensbridge out on DVD? Anyone know where I can get it?

The only place I've found with it for sale online is here...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Had to dig up back this post
    here's another reason from him to be lauded.

06-tragedy_khadafi-sole_dead_brothers_produced_by_scram_jones.mp3 - 2.62MB