tragedy appreciation

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    forgot about "Arrest the president"!!! talk about fast rap!

Not only fantastic fast rap, but he styled the shit out of it. That song hit me in the head like a 40 bottle when I first heard it.

• it's kind of sad how in the brian coleman book marley says something like, Tragedy was around at like 16 but he had to go to jail, actually i knew him from the superkids days at like 12 or 13 but he had to go to jail then too.

anyways, Who was the young dudes that jumped Tragedy a year or two ago at that club or something. Who remembers that? Some no name new rappers with no respect.

Anyways as much as i love juice crew stuff, Tragedy on TONY and LA LA =

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    tragedy, the band, are way better.
    DO YOUR RESEARCH>

I love that band. Too bad they've been barred from Canada due to criminal record issues. Or at least that's what I heard.

This record rules so hard:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    DO YOUR RESEARCH>

I love that band. Too bad they've been barred from Canada due to criminal record issues. Or at least that's what I heard.

You're agreeing with your own post. It was sufficiently weak the first time around.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    DO YOUR RESEARCH>

You're agreeing with your own post. It was sufficiently weak the first time around.

haha oops, I didn't notice that.

Well, I guess I stand by my original post then!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    lets get back on topic

a solid listen all the way through recommended.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

"Funk Mode" w/him and Large Professor is one of the hardest songs of all time... "Extra P on the crossfader/the Darth Vader".

I'm always confused on this - which came out first, "Funk Mode" or "Six Million Ways to Die"?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    I think this album is severely under-rated... also love the cover:

• So sick wit it! GRG, that 2CD joint is butter, along with both the japan retails released last year in 2006.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    SO IS THIS THE THRAED ABOUT MYLATENCY'S TRANNY GIRLFRIEND?

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    I really would love to hear "Arrest The President" right now. That song definitely put my head on sideways when I first heard it.

ask and ye shall receiveth

arrest the president.mp3 - 8.03MB

oh, and uhhh...

:wink wink:

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I think this album is severely under-rated... also love the cover:

I still play this out a lot. Was listening to In Control Vol 1 again the other day - had forgotten how much Tragedy killed the tracks he's on. Late pass I know but for some reason I never picked up any of his later releases. Worth checking out?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Anyways as much as i love juice crew stuff, Tragedy on TONY and LA LA =

Word. I generally have a terrible memory for lyrics, but Trag's verse on LA LA is branded into my head for life. If you asked me to rap something on the spot- anything- for more than a few bars, it would either be that or, like, "Microphone Fiend". It's on that level.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    The Boston Molasses Disaster of 1919 was some ill shit.

• absoul85absoul85 64 Posts
    I just bought the 2xCD reissue. Great stuff.