Shock Value is garbagethat's it

Comments

• so was missy

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    so was missy

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Shock Value is garbage
    that's it

Not Garbage. But it def. Used to be more fun when there was alot of timbaland in pop music. Now it seems there is too much pop in timbaland...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shock Value is garbage
    that's it

Not Garbage. But it def. Used to be more fun when there was alot of timbaland in pop music. Now it seems there is too much pop in timbaland...

Well put.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    timbaland's solo records (and records with magoo) largely sucked before he lost weight too.

i guess they're kind of worse now, but only because timbaland in general has been diminishing returns on the pop charts

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    case in point, from a recent gq article

That fat guy in Jay-Z's concert film Fade to Black, guzzling something pink and unhealthy from a gallon jug while playing Jay the beat for "Dirt off Your Shoulder" for the first time? "That Timbaland died," Mosley says. "And then I came back as a whole different person."

that timbaland was dope! i'd take a chunky dirt off your shoulder tim over a pussycat doll tim any day.

Tim's taste in rock bands is very suspect, too. he goes on to up nickelback in the article, and of all the currect rockers he chooses to work with on 'shock value,' he picks fallout boy and she wants revenge... garbage!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    case in point, from a recent gq article

That fat guy in Jay-Z's concert film Fade to Black, guzzling something pink and unhealthy from a gallon jug while playing Jay the beat for "Dirt off Your Shoulder" for the first time? "That Timbaland died," Mosley says. "And then I came back as a whole different person."

that timbaland was dope! i'd take a chunky dirt off your shoulder tim over a pussycat doll tim any day.

Tim's taste in rock bands is very suspect, too. he goes on to up nickelback in the article, and of all the currect rockers he chooses to work with on 'shock value,' he picks fallout boy and she wants revenge... garbage!
    i don't think this is as surprising as some...he's always been about hits, so its not like he's about to pick some group that can't hit the pop charts just for some music nerd cred. And rock acts that hit the charts tend to be terd-ish these days so ...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    its not like he's about to pick some group that can't hit the pop charts just for some music nerd cred.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    haha yeah i forgot, also M.I.A., Beck and Utada to thread

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    i don't think this is as surprising as some...he's always been about hits, so its not like he's about to pick some group that can't hit the pop charts just for some music nerd cred. And rock acts that hit the charts tend to be terd-ish these days so ...
    That shit is an epidemic. I wish I had a nickel(back) everytime a rapper said in an article that he "listens to Coldplay on his iPod" or that "Thom Yorke makes amazing music -- I love that dude." It's like there is some prefab list of rock bands that rappers pick from, and it always is the same five bands.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    has there ever been rap/rock song that sounded good?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts
    i don't think this is as surprising as some...he's always been about
    hits, so its not like he's about to pick some group that can't hit the pop charts just for some music nerd cred. And rock acts that hit the charts tend to be terd-ish these days so ...

That shit is an epidemic. I wish I had a nickel(back) everytime a rapper said in an article that he "listens to Coldplay on his iPod" or that "Thom Yorke makes amazing music -- I love that dude." It's like there is some prefab list of rock bands that rappers pick from, and it always is the same five bands.
    There was a thread on this a while ago, about how so many rappers appear to have pretty conservative taste in rock music. But when you look at how many records a band like Coldplay sells, you'd have to conclude that most white people have pretty conservative taste in rock music too.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,915 Posts

RATM's version of Pistol Grip Pump doesn't make me want to tear my ears off. I don't know if that's the same as "good".

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

RATM's version of Pistol Grip Pump doesn't make me want to tear my ears off. I don't know if that's the same as "good".

Walk This Way.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    She Watch Channel Zero

Walk This Way.

lol - perhaps 'sounded good' is too subjective. RATM makes me want to tear my ears off as a general rule and Walk This Way is not so good sounding imo (mostly due to Tyler's screech) - it is a staple of growing up though.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'rock box'!!!

>>> walk this way

She Watch Channel Zero

hells yes. but i meant collaborations more than samples.
    maybe my mind is already made up against it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i kind of like that anthrax remix of 'bring the noise'

• Judgement Night soundtrack has been the closest thing to being able to successfully do it -- in my opinion.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Judgement Night soundtrack has been the closest thing to being able to successfully do it -- in my opinion.

I've been meaning the bump this on my Netflix queue -- a landmark in 1990s cinema.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Their "I'm the Man" was funny.

Maybe I am getting away from the rap/rock hybrid and into the 'indie dance' genre (damn, remember that useless categorization?), but "Can U Dig It?" by Pop Will Eat Itself is a classic single.

Big Audio Dynamite really had it going on. For the first two albums at least.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    anybody have any of the SBI stuff?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    those rock songs on the album are fucking horrid. i dont know who listens to that garbage.

for people saying timbaland only fucks with hits or whatever, there are a lot of no-name muthafuckaz on the album too so keep that in mind.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Their "I'm the Man" was funny.

Maybe I am getting away from the rap/rock hybrid and into the 'indie dance' genre (damn, remember that useless categorization?), but "Can U Dig It?" by Pop Will Eat Itself is a classic single.

Big Audio Dynamite really had it going on. For the first two albums at least.

PWEI's Dance of the Mad was my jammy way back when...

SG

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    She Watch Channel Zero

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i don't think this is as surprising as some...he's always been about
    hits, so its not like he's about to pick some group that can't hit the pop charts just for some music nerd cred. And rock acts that hit the charts tend to be terd-ish these days so ...

I DON'T JUST LISTEN TO RAP, I LIKE LINKIN PARK AND PHIL COLLINS. I MADE THIS NEW JAM THAT SAMPLES PINK FLOYD. SHIT IS CRAZY.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    those rock songs on the album are fucking horrid. i dont know who listens to that garbage.

for people saying timbaland only fucks with hits or whatever, there are a lot of no-name muthafuckaz on the album too so keep that in mind.
    well of course, he's always produced for no-name people, i'm just saying the reason he picks up these mainstream rock folks is because they make hits, he makes hits...thats his logic going into it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I repeat.....Timbaland is Hot & Cold ....Timbaland will now produce nothing or garbage for the next year or two... forcing Justin to fellate Pollow da God ... that Ryan dude ..or whoever the next hip dude is for his next album