Afrique soul makaoosa OG check

gruntgravelgruntgravel 559 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Is this an OG press or the reissue? MRL-394-A-S and MRL-394-B-S in the run off. Thanks.

Comments

• Damn! nobodys got this?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Damn! nobodys got this?

Dude, it's like a $15 record.

• OK...and?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    OK...and?

Do I need to start a Carole King Tapestry OG check thread
    to prove my point?

• Sorry its not obscure enough for you to answer my question big dude!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It should be really obvious dude

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Sorry its not obscure enough for you to answer my question big dude!

I think someone is missing the point of checking if a record is OG. It's not worth bank, it's not collectable, it doesn't matter!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Damn! nobodys got this?

Dude, it's like a $15 record.

Stop lying--you just don't have it!

• It should be really obvious dude

If it was, do you think I would waste my time getting grief from the elitist snob crew on this board? Shit! The Mr. High Rollers here could at least answer the question first and bust balls later about "value". Besides, I don't have the cover. I found the record double stuffed in another records jacket.

If it was, do you think I would waste my time getting grief from the elitist snob crew on this board? Shit! The Mr. High Rollers here could at least answer the question first and bust balls later about "value". Besides, I don't have the cover. I found the record double stuffed in another records jacket.

And you're exercised over whether this coverless--and likely rinked--copy is an OG?

Jeezus, dude.

Dude... let's break this down.

If you found it in some second hand spot coverless, stuffed inside another LP jacket, it's probably an OG / vintage pressing.

If you want more detail, post a pic of the label. Except in the case of rare and obscure titles, no one really wantes to pull out a$15 record to check the damn matrix number for you. Because, as stated above, it's not really that important.

It's not about being a big shot baller. It's agreat record, but there's a reaosn why I can't ever remember anyone else ever asking about 'is my soul makossa an OG' before.

• Its simple. I just want to know. I hope that a grown-up will eventually read this post and answer the question.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    OK...and?

Do I need to start a Carole King Tapestry OG check thread
    to prove my point?

just when i was gonna ask for a check on that one

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

And you're exercised over whether this coverless--and likely rinked--copy is an OG?

Jeezus, dude.

with over 500 posts you would think he could've seen this coming a mile away. And to get mad when the obvious happens???

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Its simple. I just want to know. I hope that a grown-up will eventually read this post and answer the question.

Jeezus, dude.

with over 500 posts you would think he could've seen this coming a mile away. And to get mad when the obvious happens???

Should we be embarassed talking about him.... and he's right there?

It's agreat record

Contested!

This record is so very DustyGroove... they'd probably charge $30 for it, too.

It's agreat record

Contested!

This record is so very DustyGroove... they'd probably charge $30 for it, too.

Actually, in all seriousness, I think they charge $40!

The reissue is available with the cover though.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Damn i always thought it was worth more. Why did they bother reissuing it? Please to be hooking me up with an og copy for $15

Damn i always thought it was worth more. Why did they bother reissuing it? Please to be hooking me up with an og copy for $15

It's a $15 record when I buy it.

It's a $40 record when you buy it from me.

If you buy some other stuff though, I might let my coverless reissue go for $35.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

If you found it in some second hand spot coverless, stuffed inside another LP jacket, it's probably an OG / vintage pressing.

If you want more detail, post a pic of the label. Except in the case of rare and obscure titles, no one really wantes to pull out a$15 record to check the damn matrix number for you. Because, as stated above, it's not really that important.

It's not about being a big shot baller. It's agreat record, but there's a reaosn why I can't ever remember anyone else ever asking about 'is my soul makossa an OG' before.

Was this really necessary? Geez.

A harmless post by a harmless poster and it yields this kinda stuff. WOW. LOL

A system of checks and balances. biyoootch. WEST LA UP IN HERE.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Its simple. I just want to know. I hope that a grown-up will eventually read this post and answer the question.

As the official grown-up around these parts here is what I say. Grunt Gravel, crawl back in your hole and quit bothering people. The rest of you should be ashamed of yourself for engaging with this troublemakingtimewaster.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    My copy has the B
    Sorry, I can't help.

• Its simple. I just want to know. I hope that a grown-up will eventually read this post and answer the question.

As the official grown-up around these parts here is what I say. Grunt Gravel, crawl back in your hole and quit bothering people. The rest of you should be ashamed of yourself for engaging with this troublemakingtimewaster.

troublemakingtimewaster for asking a question about a record on a board that is supposedly dedicated to records?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    a record on a board that is supposedly dedicated to records?

you're mistaken. Have you checked the majority of threads?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

troublemakingtimewaster for asking a question about a record on a board that is supposedly dedicated to records?

I think he was being sarcastic.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Jeez dude it would just be an honour to be able to buy records off such a such as your self.

Was this really necessary?

Yes, it was. So necessary, even.

Exactly.

The very fact that this thread about an OG check on this record is as long as it is, is testament to the fact that:

1. We all love these kinds of little dude moments, for one reason or another
    2. long explanations are obviously necessary for more tha a few people, and about a variety of things
    3. Even then, people prolong the process by asking why long answers are necessary, themseles adding to the lengthening of answers
    4. Asking why it's necessary to offer a lengthy explanation while at the same time validating stupid/irrelevant questions is... i dunno, but my temple begins to throb when I think about it for too long

And yes, this was also necessary.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Its simple. I just want to know.
    WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!