Afrique soul makaoosa OG check

13»

Comments

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    and I still don't now if it???s the reissue or not.

beat to the punch of soulonice....

don't even comp enthralled newjack newbies already have this record????

• That???s the genesis, the rest is history and I still don't now if it???s the reissue or not.

So you haven't even read this thread? Because you got an answer.

I still don't see why you care, since it is coverless
    and therefore not even worth the $15.

I read the thread. I was contacted via PM and told both the reissue and orginal have the same matrix #. Why do I care? I guess its because I just want to know, exspecially after all this. Its now my vision quest.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

---

• OG Mainstreams have a large circular mark on the label (about an inch radius) made by the stamper around the spindle hole.
    Reissues (as well as probably all Scorpio pressings) have a much smaller ring.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I bought this record twice in the last 5 months. Both thriftstore finds.
    Both copies are not paste on cardboard covers but have a large orange "Distributed by Roulette Records" on the cover.
    OG or reissue?
    Not that it matters as they were both deadcheap..

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    i seen a sealed copy of this the other day..

That's the original pressing of the reissue.

And as a $16 record you narrowly escape clowning.

Well done and welcome to the "record elite"

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    This is probably the only good thing on soulstrut all year so far.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    It was some cat???s collection that was 75% original titles and 25% reissues. Many of the records were stuffed into other records jackets and some original and reissues were just in plain white cardboard sleeves
    I hope you got them cheap, sounds like a pile of worthless, incomplete records, not really a "collection". You may need to start posting in the "sleevestrut" thread to get your missing covers now.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    It was some cat???s collection that was 75% original titles and 25% reissues. Many of the records were stuffed into other records jackets and some original and reissues were just in plain white cardboard sleeves
    I hope you got them cheap, sounds like a pile of worthless, incomplete records, not really a "collection". You may need to start posting in the "sleevestrut" thread to get your missing covers now.
    Too late, looks like the market has been drained of all replacement Afrique Soul Makossa covers.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I bought this record twice in the last 5 months. Both thriftstore finds.
    Both copies are not paste on cardboard covers but have a large orange "Distributed by Roulette Records" on the cover.
    OG or reissue?
    Not that it matters as they were both deadcheap..

Check the walklikeadragon post right above yours. Sound original to me. The reissue, as has been pointed out, looks and smells and tastes like a reissue and is easy to spot. Thus it is hard to see why someone would ask about it, unless they had a worthless sleeveless beat up version. Naturally if you had a worthless sleeveless beat up version you would want to know.

I hope I don't sound mean. I am saying this to illuminate not denigrate.

My US original tastes nutty, but the Australian pressing I have has a distinctive caramel flavour.

Can anyone shed any light on this difference? I really, really need to know.

• Don't worry I got more than a coverless afrique soul makaoosa out of the deal. Sometimes you got to take a pile of shit to get the kernels of corn.

lazerhuff your smallness grows with every post.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I just did the Reissue vs. OG taste comparison test, and I can report that reissues taste tart and chalky while OGs just taste chalky.

• I just did the Reissue vs. OG taste comparison test, and I can report that reissues taste tart and chalky while OGs just taste chalky.

Another value added post by the record oligarchy.

What is of real concern to me is that with all this talk of taste testing records, i KNOW someone here has actually tried it out of curiosity.

If I can get just one person to admit to it honestly, I will lose it in hesterics for most of the rest of the day.

I just did the Reissue vs. OG taste comparison test, and I can report that reissues taste tart and chalky while OGs just taste chalky.

POST A PIC OF YOU TASTE TESTING OR YOUR SOFT

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What is of real concern to me is that with all this talk of taste testing records, i KNOW someone here has actually tried it out of curiosity.

If I can get just one person to admit to it honestly, I will lose it in hesterics for most of the rest of the day.

Why are you behaving as if something hesterical [sic] is going on here?

If you're not currently employing the taste test, then I daresay your collection is riddled with reissues... and there is nothing funny about that.

Rillz, you really are today.

Please never change!