Prefuse 73 Appreciation Thread.

FYIFYI 15 Posts
edited April 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
P rrreee ff u sSEEEEE.The most innovative producer of the past 5 yrs?chops that would make premier blush?Sorry I'm just loving Surrounded by Silence

Comments

• The most innovative producer of the past 5 yrs?

definitely

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dudes wack. he might be innovative but his shit sounds like garbage

• FYIFYI 15 Posts
    By garbage you mean not like 88?

• FYIFYI 15 Posts
    well actually he does have that mantronix 88 edit style

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    dudes wack. he might be innovative but his shit sounds like garbage

Your ears will age like a fine wine. One day sir The Mack will you understand.

I'm a huge Prefuse Fan. One of only a handful of new artists I support.

His new albums is really good.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i gotta say i thought his latest album was horrible, and i say that as a fan, or maybe ex. fan? loved his first lp, back then his style was fresh, but he keeps making the same track over and over and over and over again... gets boring

• His style is really nice. I'm looking forward to checking out the new LP. His Busdriver remix wasn't so good though.

• FYIFYI 15 Posts
    I think every album since vocal studies has gotten better. He keeps refining his style. I think that when somebody does something so innovative people expect him to not only make great records but to keep reinventing the wheel

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I own that 99 vs 03. Some nice stuff on there, but overall his stuff isn't my cup of tea. I definetly can see dudes talent though.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I think every album since vocal studies has gotten better. He keeps refining his style. I think that when somebody does something so innovative people expect him to not only make great records but to keep reinventing the wheel

yeah well i dont want him to reinvent the wheel as you say, i would rather just see him rock the old style again.. chopped accapellas, heavier beats and less lush atmospheric crap you know? hes just sounding pretty much like everything else in his field right now. i guess thats why i find him boring.

• FYIFYI 15 Posts
    I definetly would like to hear him to some heavier stuff again too

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I like Prefuse and all but I've kinda been diggin Savath and Savalas more lately. Especially that e.p.

• Some nice stuff, but overall, isn't my cup of tea. I definetly can see dudes talent though.

I saw P73 open for Tortiose in 2000....THE MOST BORING SHIT EVER. And to really punish me, it was dude and Mr Lif. Nerd rap hell, forreal.

BUT, he definately has his own little thing going, i just dont get moved by it.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    The beat on that new 12 was garbage, the EL P rmx smoked it, but I'd be curious to hear the album. I like the old stuff, haven't checked out S&S yet, kinda up in the air about dude.

• FOLKWAYS

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    JAMES GANG

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I think every album since vocal studies has gotten worse

I've basically loved everything with scott's name on it since I>sleep method suite/I>, but I>surrounded by silence/I> and the piano overlord shit is pretty much unlistenably boring at this point. i think it's gotten to the point where prefuse is his commercially viable (comparatively) project so he keeps churning out by the numbers prefuse records so he can afford to work on his "side" projects. as long as he drops shit as nice as I>apropa't/I> every few years, i'm happy.

the only time producing for emcees works for him is when he's working with non traditional ones (dose one, mikah, but not that beans dude, hes terrible) and that both the gza and ghost songs on this album are terrible. and that emo camu song makes them look like I>36 chambers/I> material

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

PREFUSERAER[/b]

Afra "Digital Breath"

He produced this album by this japanese beatboxer which came out a few months ago and I really do think it's pretty wack. Could provide samples for interested heads.

• PREFUSERAER[/b]

Afra "Digital Breath"

He produced this album by this japanese beatboxer which came out a few months ago and I really do think it's pretty wack. Could provide samples for interested heads.

Yo Mondeyano, interested head here.

F. N. Mimizu

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

PREFUSERAER[/b]

Afra "Digital Breath"

Yo Mondeyano, interested head here.

F. N. Mimizu
    Since it's such hardly an album, just 15 minutes worth, here is the whole thing.

Afra 'Digital Breath' ZIP

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    20 posts in, damn my thread on the new album last week went for a mere 2 maybe I had to proclaim it as album of the year to attract attention

anyways, as noz notes he's becoming rather prolific, seems like he flips a few old tricks on the new LP but thats not necessarily a bad thing .. I quite like it

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i thought vocal studies was pretty blah... the second lp was absolutely horrible.. kinda dug some of the bits on the outtakes record.

havent paid any attention since.

he may have been inovative but i think vocal studies is already one of the most dated records of the last 5 years.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i really really wanted to like that savath record too.. but it was horrible.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i think vocal studies is already one of the most dated records of the last 5 years.

you know, i pulled this out tonight and i'm inclined to agree. i still like the songs with mikah and sam prekop, but otherwise it's practically unlistenable. and this is coming from someone who absolutely loved it when it first came out. talk about running an interesting style into the ground (between prefuse and all those machine drum dabrye guys).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

RADD

I like how it goes into the pool to feed on his fresh kill.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    i think vocal studies is already one of the most dated records of the last 5 years.

you know, i pulled this out tonight and i'm inclined to agree. i still like the songs with mikah and sam prekop, but otherwise it's practically unlistenable. and this is coming from someone who absolutely loved it when it first came out. talk about running an interesting style into the ground (between prefuse and all those machine drum dabrye guys).

dabrye is one dude (with multiple psuedo's)

what happened to that multisanta guy who used to run a prefuse website - he changed his handle but I can't recall his new one ..

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

dabrye is one dude (with multiple psuedo's)

yeah but machine drum is someone else who also makes the same kinda prefusey beats, hence the "all those guys"

what happened to that multisanta guy who used to run a prefuse website - he changed his handle but I can't recall his new one ..

I>and this is coming from someone who absolutely loved it when it first came out
    /I>

i think the question is what happened to the prefuse that used to make music worth running a website about?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    ha - not sweating you cuz, just clarifying

was it you who was multisanta !?!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    yes. well it was multsanta.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

** CRATE DIGGING REVEALED **