Rep those grail you have in shitty condition

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
I wanna know if you got grails that are in shitty condition. Time to rep your mold covered Stark Reality.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    My Del Jones is in terrible shape with pops, clicks, numerous skips, writing on the cover, all of that mess.

I could use a Four Mints upgrade, although it's nowhere near as bad as the Jones.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    My Phil Ranelin "Vibe/Tribe" is not in the most stellar of conditions.

• My "Funky Streaker" 45 by Backlash is unplayable.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    My Phil Ranelin "Vibe/Tribe" is not in the most stellar of conditions.

mine is mint but i have no cover

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    my test of the Rhythm Machine is in VG condition. three or four skips and an edge warp. okay maybe VG- but it still plays great.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I have a Billy Wooten that is simply awful.

In the rain/we've only just begun sound fine, but everything else has at least one skip or extended rotational clicks (like for 30 seconds of spin: click..... click..... click...., etc.)

Thank god this was recorded live, as the background probably obscures a whole lot of shit you would hear otherwise.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    My copy of Haze 2nd Lp (B&W Cover) is listenable, but looks like utter shit, even after a thorough cleaning.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My Cavaliers Unlimited (thanks Laserwolf!) plays ok but looks like it's been stepped on a few times over.

• Totally unplayable.

• my cold grits-its your thing has a crack. lotsa noise but no skips.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    is that a mike vick production?

• i have this in VG-

and this ($2)

just got this with no cover and lots of light scratches, but it was a buck and it plays through fine

thing is, with all of these, they actually play through no problem, sound pretty decent, and the fact that they have some wear makes me feel more comfortable about cramming them into my crate for gigs- except the mulatu.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My prized copy of the Coup's debut EP on Polemic has a severe pop trunk wave problem.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

Side 2 is unplayable.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I used to have a totally rinked S.O.U.L. - what is it, but gave the cover (which had busted seams but otherwise okay) to a strutter who had a decent copy of the record sans cover.

I wish thrift stores like that were around me now. That day I found a load of latin & funk, including an eddie curtis LP that I hadn't heard of before or since.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    most of my collection...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    as i've mentioned, i've got the og deep groove new jazz eric dolphy at the 5 spot vol. 1 but it sounds like bacon.

i also have a totally fucked og of miles davis "walkin", but luckily, I have a later pressing that plays fine.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    my Trinikas looks like death. Plays a little bit better though.

my 13th floor elevators collection is pretty skate-tastic.

joe bataan fanias = minus

• My copy of Haze 2nd Lp (B&W Cover) is listenable, but looks like utter shit, even after a thorough cleaning.

i've got a copy of this but the cover is pretty warped, got it on cd if you want a clean copy to listen to, i've also got a lewis connection with no cover and a skip in the best song, and a st paul dreamcycle rhythm and blues soul band 45 that starts out with a high pitched noise

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Side 2 is unplayable.

yo, whasthat? looks mad decent.

i got a mike james kirkland at the LA swapmeets that is crazy rugged. hang on in there plays allright, so im not mad at the 2 dollars i spent (after hagling down from $3)

I almost forgot, I recently acquired a VG- original press of

It plays amazingly well for being so visually nasty, but is indeed in shitty condition.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I gota Barbara Lyn - I'm a good woman 45 on ebay that looked like absolute shit. Like, you would pick it up at a thrift store, take one look at it, and pass on it even for a buck... but it plays really, really well.

I have no idea how this is possible, but I'm not complaining

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    almost unplayable, on the bright side the cover is definately EX......

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    almost unplayable, on the bright side the cover is definately EX......

"Almost" unplayable? How can you play that?

• my Trinikas looks like death. Plays a little bit better though.

my 13th floor elevators collection is pretty skate-tastic.

joe bataan fanias = minus

those fanias are fucking rugged...my copy of acid don't look so hot, but plays like a champ.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Side 2 is unplayable.
    Still quite a find.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

I love the mold on this. It makes this already impossibly raw recording even rawer. I would never want a cleaner copy of this.

Disc is practically mint tho.

(hi everyone.)

I love the mold on this. It makes this already impossibly raw recording even rawer. I would never want a cleaner copy of this.

(hi everyone.)

I seriously wouldn't let that near my collection because it looks like the mold would just eat through it! Is the red part of the mold too?

Freejazz-hungry mold demon.

• I gota Barbara Lyn - I'm a good woman 45 on ebay that looked like absolute shit. Like, you would pick it up at a thrift store, take one look at it, and pass on it even for a buck... but it plays really, really well.

I have no idea how this is possible, but I'm not complaining

I've had about 4 or 5 copies of that record that were VG- or VG (the kind you find unsleeved at the flea market) and all played great. Actually it's not uncommon for marked up 45s to play well. It cuts both ways though, in that clean looking 45s will turn out to be unusuable because someone with a bad needle ruined them.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

(hi everyone.)

Look out for that red mold. That's about as bad as black mold and is probably toxic. No lie.