NCAA brackets on yahoo (2007 edition)

Comments

• that right there was why i picked the Bruins to win it all- not that they will, and we know i won't win the pool. but, back to my point, i'll always take a team that can play D over one that depends on offense. you can shoot your way out of the tourney; it is tough to defend your way out of it, though.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    that right there was why i picked the Bruins to win it all- not that they will, and we know i won't win the pool. but, back to my point, i'll always take a team that can play D over one that depends on offense. you can shoot your way out of the tourney; it is tough to defend your way out of it, though.

The UCLA bigs are hella weak and clueless in the offense though.

• that right there was why i picked the Bruins to win it all- not that they will, and we know i won't win the pool. but, back to my point, i'll always take a team that can play D over one that depends on offense. you can shoot your way out of the tourney; it is tough to defend your way out of it, though.

dog, no doubt their offense isn't making anyone forget about the 60s-70s teams. bt, for the tournament, i put more weight in d than o. since so many college teams and games depend on the three ball...if that shit ain't popping...well, you better have plan b. Ucla has the d to make a lot of teams go to plan B, which gives them a better shot, imo.

that right there was why i picked the Bruins to win it all- not that they will, and we know i won't win the pool. but, back to my point, i'll always take a team that can play D over one that depends on offense. you can shoot your way out of the tourney; it is tough to defend your way out of it, though.

dog, no doubt their offense isn't making anyone forget about the 60s-70s teams. bt, for the tournament, i put more weight in d than o. since so many college teams and games depend on the three ball...if that shit ain't popping...well, you better have plan b. Ucla has the d to make a lot of teams go to plan B, which gives them a better shot, imo.

Mos Def.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

HOW MANY COMBINED STEALS WERE IN THAT GAME? crazy.

wish i was able to watch this today. it's nerve racking to have to go on yahoo and watch the scoreboard.

i thought kansas has a good defense. haven't watched them that much this year (i think only the a & m and texas tech games) but most of their games they held teams in the 60s. plus they score in the 80s lots of times. they did however lose to oral roberts and depaul, and beat florida. weird!

ucla=winning ugly

not fun to watch unless you are a ucla fan.

actually it's not fun to watch even if you are a ucla fan, i've fallen asleep during their games a couple times.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Just got back from the game... fuck, Kansas couldn't have been sloppier. Missed layups, turnovers, etc. So frustrating! Not to mention the 3 miraculous three's UCLA threw up at the end of the shot clock.

The crowd was seriously 90% UCLA fans, 10% Kansas fans so the place was going nuts.

There goes my bracket. At least I got a second viewing of the UCLA Skank Squad

ucla=winning ugly

oh yeah what happened with usc? i'm in hong kong so they don't give a fuck about college basketball here, but from what i heard they blew a 16 point lead.

what did it look like ? was it just sloppy/panicked usc or was unc just a machine coming to life ?

that would have been crazy to have a half LA final four.

i guess i'm thinking florida is going to win it all.

georgetown should give unc trouble, georgetown is about 10 times better than usc plus they got size to off set hainsborough although unc is not just about hainsborough to say the least. didn't they have 12 guys score 4 points or more last game ?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    oh yeah what happened with usc? i'm in hong kong so they don't give a fuck about college basketball here, but from what i heard they blew a 16 point lead.

what did it look like ? was it just sloppy/panicked usc or was unc just a machine coming to life ?

usc was hitting everything in the first half, and unc was playing like ass, and was not used to a team that was as fast as them. unc came alive in the second half. usc seemed to be tired, and unc was way too deep for them for the long haul. ginyard had some key baskets, terry and wright played well, hansbrough was basically note even a part of the win apart from hitting his couple of free throws.

i don't know about georgetown giving unc that much trouble. it should be a good game and all, but trying to run with unc the whole game with them being as deep as they are is rough. i predict (and fear) a unc vs. florida championship game.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    lifelong jayhawks fan....

thank god we had our worst game of the year in the elite 8.
    let us never speak of this game again.

usc was hitting everything in the first half, and unc was playing like ass, and was not used to a team that was as fast as them. unc came alive in the second half. usc seemed to be tired, and unc was way too deep for them for the long haul. ginyard had some key baskets, terry and wright played well, hansbrough was basically note even a part of the win apart from hitting his couple of free throws.

i don't know about georgetown giving unc that much trouble. it should be a good game and all, but trying to run with unc the whole game with them being as deep as they are is rough. i predict (and fear) a unc vs. florida championship game.

you're probably right. i have unc/flordia matchup in one my brackets. flordia/osu in the other. unc is still young though, none of the players have any big time tournament experience, except maybe terry but he doesn't seem to be that big a part of the team.

plus i saw them look like crap twice this year (against nc state and va tech), they are definatly beatable.

it's weird this year in the tournament, usually there are a few upsets. there have only been 4 lower seeds winning outside of the 9/8 first round game. and everybody knows ucla should have been a 1 seed so the win over kansas isn't that big of an upset. so really it's just vcu over duke, winthrop over notre dame and unlv over wisconsin. weak sauce to the max. that's one of the reasons i watch the tournament, to see small teams pull off huge upsets.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

UCLA alums represent!

you're probably right. i have unc/flordia matchup in one my brackets. flordia/osu in the other. unc is still young though, none of the players have any big time tournament experience, except maybe terry but he doesn't seem to be that big a part of the team.

plus i saw them look like crap twice this year (against nc state and va tech), they are definatly beatable.

yeah, i hear ya. i'm a unc fan, and that's why i say i fear a championship game vs florida because i don't think they can pull that win off. florida would be too hungry for the repeat. i think they have 2 more wins in them though. hansbrough was held back in the last game, but he should have another 20 and 10 tourney game in him too. anyways, i should shut up and just watch the game today at this point. they almost gave me a hear attack against usc.

it's weird this year in the tournament, usually there are a few upsets. there have only been 4 lower seeds winning outside of the 9/8 first round game. and everybody knows ucla should have been a 1 seed so the win over kansas isn't that big of an upset. so really it's just vcu over duke, winthrop over notre dame and unlv over wisconsin. weak sauce to the max. that's one of the reasons i watch the tournament, to see small teams pull off huge upsets.

for real. that shit has been fucking up my bracket. the only region i was conserative in my picks was the south, and i've only missed one game there: i picked creighton over nevada, other than that i'm perfect there. where were the fucking cinderellas? they should have given butler an 11 seed just to have a cinderella.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    lifelong jayhawks fan....

thank god we had our worst game of the year in the elite 8.
    let us never speak of this game again.

me too

------------

very frustrating game for a jayhawks fan. seemed like we really only had 3 guys come to play: rush, robinson, and jackson, and they couldn't quite consistently get it together either. that shift right before the half where robinson misses the lay-up at the one end and then ucla hits a 3 at the buzzer to go into the half up 4 was huge. we came back out without any intensity in our faces to start the 2nd half, whereas the bruins were hopping around, slapping hands - ready to play and having fun.

plus, ku was, what, something like 14-37 on dunks and lay-ups?

could all be a matter of coaching, too, though it's had to say.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

That game sucked... I hate this fucking tournament right now. I'm not one to blame officiating, but that was pretty fucked up. Not sure if it made a huge difference considering the 3 point shooting, but it was still frustrating to watch.

Florida and UCLA are 2 of my top hated teams... great. If UNC makes it, that'll be another of my top hated teams. Sweet. Go Buckeyes.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

UCLA alums represent!

woo-wooo!

I'm going to singlehandedly re-enact the 1995 Westwood Riot if we win this shit!

well i was right, georgetown did give unc trouble!

i had a feeling unc's defense wasn't good enough. 96 points and 57% shooting=weak sauce.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Big East!!!!

man what a great game...they didn't even need to play the OT...it seems like whenever a team surges back at the end to force overtime they always run away with it.

well i was right, georgetown did give unc trouble!

i had a feeling unc's defense wasn't good enough. 96 points and 57% shooting=weak sauce.

yep, you called it. the only thing i was right about was hansbrough with a 20 and 10 game. man, they couldn't buy a basket in the end and georgetown was running shit. gotta hand it to them.

i'm still going with florida with the repeat.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Back on top of the pile for now!
    We'll see what happens...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

UCLA alums represent!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    that OSU vs. Georgetown game should be good. Oden v. Hibbert should be a solid match up of bigs. lets see if Oden is worth all the hype.

As for that Gators v. Bruins game, that could get really ugly. Im thinking 50-48.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    that OSU vs. Georgetown game should be good. Oden v. Hibbert should be a solid match up of bigs. lets see if Oden is worth all the hype.

Oden will be in foul trouble. Georgetown will win, but it will be close on the strength of Conley and Lewis.

As for that Gators v. Bruins game, that could get really ugly. Im thinking 50-48.

UCLA will win. Unless that asshole Humphreys bombs in threes that rip the net like he did against the Ducks, it won't be close.

PS If Tajuan Porter would have had a normal shooting night, the Ducks would have won that game.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    All I have to say is my wife is kicking my arse in our family leauge she got 110 pts. right now and all her teams are in the final four.... I can't belive this!!!

UCLA/Florida.

This is a grind-it-out game.

I like it.

GO BRUINNSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    UCLA/Florida.

This is a grind-it-out game.

I like it.

GO BRUINNSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aflalo out with 3 fouls. I cry. GO BRUINS!!!!!!

Too bad, the Bruins offense solely consists of guard play. I don't think I saw one single post-up play for the forwards? wtf is up with that?

FUCK.

UCLA BITES DONKEY BALLS.

WTF.

Florida is good but not THAT good.

What's happening in the game? in the score ticker thing on yahoo it's like this:

layup florida
    missed three pointer ucla
    layup florida
    foul ucla
    layup florida

and so on.

only good thing is affalo ain't going pro now.

FUCK.

UCLA BITES DONKEY BALLS.

WTF.

Florida is good but not THAT good.

What's happening in the game? in the score ticker thing on yahoo it's like this:

layup florida
    layup florida
    foul ucla
    layup florida

and so on.

only good thing is affalo ain't going pro now.

In the past maybe 10 years, UCLA always gets a high seed in the AP Polls, and always goes on to choke.

I watched 3 UCLA games this season, and have noticed that the bigs hardly even get touches on the offensive end. YOU WILL NOT WIN GAMES THIS WAY. If there was such a thing as "offensive coordinator" in basketball, that dude would be fired.

Florida was experienced and resilient. They play a fundamentally better offense and it pays off down the stretch.