THE OFFICIAL NBA FINALS THREAD

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    IF Manu doesnt respond tonight, will the hype slow down. Kinda like these dudes.......................

Keith Van Horn
    Jason Williams
    Tom Gugliotta
    the big doofy dude who played for the Grizzlies when they were in Vancouver.
    Shawn Bradley

Manu isn't 100% though right?

and no, he is not like those dudes.

J-Dub became a better player under Hubie Brown too.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    lord jeezus...did darko just score?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Yep and I think the last time I saw Darko in the game, let alone score, all his hair was blonde. Now it's only the tips - just for perspective.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

a healthy Manu.

He's fine....his cheeks just got a little tight after he became "The Man".....and it didn't help when he got knocked on his ass a few times last game....the well known knock on foreign players is they are s-o-f-t. So say goodbye to him and Parker...Lucky for The Spurs the refs will not allow the next game to be as physical as these last two....

OH SHIT!!! IS THAT DARKO PLAYING???

I kinda saw it differently. I thought Manu looked sluggish out there. and the Spurs totally rely on him. I still believe Manu is a warrior, he doesn't mind contact. Parker does not like contact, so yes he is soft.

I also think Detroit's refs were letting too much contact under the basket and letting Detroit get away with fore-arm pushing out on the perimeter.

Yep and I think the last time I saw Darko in the game, let alone score, all his hair was blonde. Now it's only the tips - just for perspective.

i can't believe i saw Darko score and Ben Wallace hit a 18ft jumper in the same night......When is that Tsunami supposed to get here?

I also think Detroit's refs were letting too much contact under the basket and letting Detroit get away with fore-arm pushing out on the perimeter.

Detroit's refs? I was under the impression that refs were pulled from a national pool, especially in the Playoffs and Finals.

i can't believe i saw Darko score and Ben Wallace hit a 18ft jumper in the same night......When is that Tsunami supposed to get here?

Er, how about Ben miss a dunk turn around and run to save the ball out of bounds as it bounced toward S.A.'s bench?

I'm tellin' you, p*ssy is a CRAZY incentive!

I'm tellin' you, p*ssy is a CRAZY incentive!

hahaha!!!!

THIS JUST IN......POPPOVICH JUST SAID

"MANU IS NOT HURT..HE IS JUST FINE"[/b]

*clears throat* [color:white] s-o-f-t [/color]

Detroit's refs? I was under the impression that refs were pulled from a national pool, especially in the Playoffs and Finals.

yea i think so. but being in Detroit, hometown fans and players alike expect physical play. and especially when you have a rep like Detroit's, you will get away with a little more physical play. that's what it looked like today. Much like how Jordan got his way with calls on many occassions. Much like how Shaq gets away with dropping his shoulder to get to the rim.

not to take anything away from them, cuz they outhustled the Spurs from tipoff.

*I want the Spurs to win.

• a healthy Manu.

He's fine....his cheeks just got a little tight after he became "The Man".....and it didn't help when he got knocked on his ass a few times last game....the well known knock on foreign players is they are s-o-f-t. So say goodbye to him and Parker...

Come on. Manu is NOT soft. Dude lives for contact. That's his game. He's one of the tougher players in the league. Parker is certainly soft, and he's shown his Mr. Biggles before. I never thought Detroit was going to win after going down 2-0, but I don't see how they can lose now. Momentum is a crazy thing.

a healthy Manu.

He's fine....his cheeks just got a little tight after he became "The Man".....and it didn't help when he got knocked on his ass a few times last game....the well known knock on foreign players is they are s-o-f-t. So say goodbye to him and Parker...

Come on. Manu is NOT soft. Dude lives for contact. That's his game. He's one of the tougher players in the league. Parker is certainly soft, and he's shown his Mr. Biggles before. I never thought Detroit was going to win after going down 2-0, but I don't see how they can lose now. Momentum is a crazy thing.

Mike, you look at the game the same way I do. so far i've agreed with you on almost everything NBA-related. no offense to all the other knowledgeable cats. just sayin' we have similar preferences, and that is cool.

. Dude lives for contact. That's his game.

His game is to INITIATE contact,draw the foul....which is a helluvalot different than being knocked on your ass unexpectedly....dude hasn't been back in the lane consistently since he got knocked down in game 3.....When YOU initiate contact...YOU determine how hard the foul is...He's probably the least soft of all the Euros..but he still has a little candy in him

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

His game is to INITIATE contact,draw the foul....which is a helluvalot different than being knocked on your ass unexpectedly....dude hasn't been back in the lane consistently since he got knocked down in game 3.....When YOU initiate contact...YOU determine how hard the foul is...He's probably the least soft of all the Euros..but he still has a little candy in him

Isnt he SOUTH AMERICAN? or is he Italian?

yea he's supposedly Italian but grew up in Argentina.

i agree with you Ed about "initiating contact" as opposed to being fouled hard.

since he got knocked down in game 3.....

i didn't see game 3, care to elaborate plaese?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

Man I hate Manu's game. He's an actor who plays basketball like it was soccer (football for the UK). Isnt there a rule in soccer that says you can't flail or fake an injury? They should put that rule in the NBA. Manu and Vlade would be finished.

i don't know man. different players got different tactics to play the game. Some use their fore-arm to keep defenders in front of 'em, some push off defenders to get an open look, etc.

so what happened to Manu in Game 3? Did he get smacked by Ben Wallace or something on his way to the cup?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

so what happened to Manu in Game 3? Did he get smacked by Ben Wallace or something on his way to the cup?

tay and manu had a knee to knee collision literally 2 min into game 3. im pretty sure nothing was called, but after that manu just couldnt walk right. he started limping and then pop pulled him immediately. im sure he's fine. thats definitly a "walk it off" injury... but maybe that kinda messed his confidence up.

naah, i dont buy that, cause no way would a knee bump throw your confidence off for 2 games straight. i dont think he's injuried... i think he wants to go home cause the palace is too loud for his ears

naah, i dont buy that, cause no way would a knee bump throw your confidence off for 2 games straight. i dont think he's injuried... i think he wants to go home cause the palace is too loud for his ears

Now, Manu Ginobli has come down to Earth. No more MVP shit talkin, huh?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Now, Manu Ginobli has come down to Earth.

thats definitly a "walk it off" injury...

Tayshaun is a bony-ass mofo, that as a player, i'd HATE to bump knees with.

when you're playing at the highest level possible, even "small" injuries could affect a player's game drastically. In game 4 what I saw was Manu running kinda wierd on the fast break. He didn't have that same stride in his drives. Bottom line, the Spurs can only win if Manu brings his A game.

I highly doubt everyone's assumption that he has lost his confidence. He is a warrior, he'll get knocked down in the paint by guys 50lbs. bigger than him. I don't see how bumping knees could get him shook. He ain't scared. BUT, it may be the nature of the injury that may have him off-balance. Keep in mind, he is a dude that lives by quirky, long-strided drives to the rack. your knee better be intact for that!

thats definitly a "walk it off" injury...

Tayshaun is a bony-ass mofo, that as a player, i'd HATE to bump knees with.

when you're playing at the highest level possible, even "small" injuries could affect a player's game drastically. In game 4 what I saw was Manu running kinda wierd on the fast break. He didn't have that same stride in his drives. Bottom line, the Spurs can only win if Manu brings his A game.

I highly doubt everyone's assumption that he has lost his confidence. He is a warrior, he'll get knocked down in the paint by guys 50lbs. bigger than him. I don't see how bumping knees could get him shook. He ain't scared. BUT, it may be the nature of the injury that may have him off-balance. Keep in mind, he is a dude that lives by quirky, long-strided drives to the rack. your knee better be intact for that!

Im tim duncan had an mvp performance: 35points & 14 rebounds, I think the team would be ok. The spurs are far more duncan dependant than manu dependant.

Im tim duncan had an mvp performance: 35points & 14 rebounds, I think the team would be ok. The spurs are far more duncan dependant than manu dependant.

in the regular season, against sub-par teams that can't guard the West's elite power forward/center, YES, he is the dominant force. In this Detroit series, where Duncan is not dominant, Manu is the key. And when Manu is doing his thing, Parker feeds off of that. Movement in the half-court set is THAT much better.

in the regular season, against sub-par teams that can't guard the West's elite power forward/center, YES, he is the dominant force. In this Detroit series, where Duncan is not dominant, Manu is the key. And when Manu is doing his thing, Parker feeds off of that. Movement in the half-court set is THAT much better.
    The Spurs work inside out. Duncan is the engine. Wade doesnt succeed unless teams double Shaq. Same goes for Duncan and friends. In games one and two did Duncan disappear and Manu go crazy? Or was it a joint/team effort?

Or was it a joint/team effort?

ofcourse it is a team effort, but believe me. Manu was the catalyst. He was running through 3 defenders and doing some amazing shit in terms of boosting everyone's confidence and stirring shit up on defense. Duncan is not capable of CREATING MOVEMENT, and getting people easy looks. He can get you 20 and 10, and I am not knocking that part of his game.

okay, i think this is just a misconception. As if Shaq or Duncan are more important to the team than your star shooting guards. Completely untrue. One is nothing without the other. and that's all i gotta say about that.

yo how 'bout this shit. Phil Jackson wants Lamar to be like Scottie Pippen in the triangle offense.

FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1119136915yuichi">

Will Lamar be effective as Scottie?[/b]
    no
    hell no
    trade him
    he will suffice, but they will not be a contender
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

SERIES: SPURS IN 6

and i guess the first two times Rasheed tried to lose the game for Detroit tonight it wasn't enough ..so he made sure by leaving Robert Horry of all people wide open

Duncan choked. Big Game Robert!!!

ohhhhhhhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, was that a thriller!!

Refs. in Detroit = WACK AS FUCK

edit: Robert, you single-handedly saved the Spurs' asses!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    up by 2, less than 10 seconds, and you DON'T[/b] have a body on Robert "All Time Finals 3 Point Champ; 4-of-5 from outside at that point in the game" Horry???

Dude has made many a man and team look bad at the buzzer in the past decade. Lotsa NBA dudes watching that game tonight going, "yep, I know how that feels..."

true. but when the ball was in Chauncey's hands in the final seconds, i was scared as fuck. cuz he could do it all.....

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    rasheed seriously blew it- leaving horry open on that play. i don't know what else to say. back to san antonio.