Weather Report > Ball of Eyes

Nice one man.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Cool to see the process...
    Nice beat Wizzle!
    Classic Jake, "I don't understand people who keep buying equipment,
    when they don't know how to use what they already have" or something to
    that effect.
    LOL did you have anyone we know in mind when you said that?

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Jake one is dope. One of the best producers in the game right now. Nice to peep his record steelz.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Cool to see the process...
    Nice beat Wizzle!
    Classic Jake, "I don't understand people who keep buying equipment,
    when they don't know how to use what they already have" or something to
    that effect.
    LOL did you have anyone we know in mind when you said that?

Naw, just seems like guys have hella effects pedals and 5,000 keyboards and make no blap. Ironically I bought like 10 keyboards that I don't know how to use couple months after making that video with Chinese Mike.

Damn I wonder who put this on youtube?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hahahaha...Jake One is fucking on this. The slaying of Placebo is classic.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Hot beat man.

you are right about the gear thing though, it can over complicate shit real easy.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hot beat man.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    yo yuichi have you dropped your man kobe? how you gonna do him like that? are you a phoenix fan now?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yo yuichi have you dropped your man kobe? how you gonna do him like that? are you a phoenix fan now?

Lost an avatar bet with mylatency.

damn man avatar bets. the game done changed.

• word jake. this is really good to see. nice beat . i'm with you with the overpriced records. i got em' but still end up listening to leo sayer and michael jackson at the end of the day. what i would love to see in the video part II is the process of the person that takes the beat, shops it, gets somebody to pay you for it etc. . .thats what i'm trying to figure out. peace, stein. . .

• Jake one is dope. One of the best producers in the game right now. Nice to peep his record steelz.

He has been dope for many, many years right from the Conception Records label, but he wastes beats on no talent losers like G Unit and that.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Jake+One

Jake one is dope. One of the best producers in the game right now. Nice to peep his record steelz.

He has been dope for many, many years right from the Conception Records label, but he wastes beats on no talent losers like G Unit and that.

Dude, never knock the next cat's hustle, especially when he's paying rent and bills off "no talent losers."

You think any of these Pete Rock clones with their MPCs and SPs wouldn't jump at the chance to make chingo bling off selling a beat to Lloyd Banks?

GTFOOHWTB!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

WOW! Wastes beats on G-Unit? Those G-Unit tracks are buying Jake a new house foolio. You think he should just "keep it real" and sell all his tracks to some underground "real" rappers and never see any money for his years of hard work? You REALLY got jokes with that one mayne. Do you know ANYTHING about the music industry and making a living? You should be a stand up comedian with shit like that! HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You're funny!

indeed. GTFOOHWTB.

Sayin' Chan - people still think Nas was being serious when he said, "props is a true thug's wife" or O.C. was yammering about "I'd rather be broke and have a lot of respect."

These days, you can have the respect AND the mortgage paid.

WOW! Wastes beats on G-Unit? Those G-Unit tracks are buying Jake a new house foolio. You think he should just "keep it real" and sell all his tracks to some underground "real" rappers and never see any money for his years of hard work? You REALLY got jokes with that one mayne. Do you know ANYTHING about the music industry and making a living? You should be a stand up comedian with shit like that! HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! You're funny!

• I'm pretty sure wizzle has enough fire to stay diverse and appeal to different audiences, and I think it's a really good look when the more commercial cats are copping more soulful slapps. Everybody wins.

• Sayin' Chan - people still think Nas was being serious when he said, "props is a true thug's wife" or O.C. was yammering about "I'd rather be broke and have a lot of respect."

These days, you can have the respect AND the mortgage paid.

G-Unit are fucking garbage and one of the main reasons Hip Hop is so fucked up, there is no talent in what they do...Jake One was making dope beats and getting paid for many years ( long before those clowns)...he didn't make enough to buy a house don't give me that shit...I read that he wasn't happy with the outcome with one of his tracks and hasn't worked with them since.

• ps. HAPPY Birthday Big CHAN!

I just turned 36 an hour and 18 minutes ago, pisces brethren?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    stop posting

ps. HAPPY Birthday Big CHAN!

I just turned 36 an hour and 18 minutes ago, pisces brethren?

Word my pisces hommie! Joe Mojo too. Happy Birthday to you. I hope you have a great day. Take the day off from work and hit a nice spot for lunch and have a nice bottle of wine!

• stop posting

What?...opinions aren't allowed on here oh great dictator of Soul Strut?

• btw J nice one on flossing the "Cali' Living" 12" dude...

G-Unit are fucking garbage and one of the main reasons Hip Hop is so fucked up, there is no talent in what they do...Jake One was making dope beats and getting paid for many years ( long before those clowns)...he didn't make enough to buy a house don't give me that shit...I read that he wasn't happy with the outcome with one of his tracks and hasn't worked with them since.

WHAT are you talking about? You think people make money producing independent underground hip-hop records? What fantasy land are you living in? Where did you read that Jake hasn't worked with G-Unit since some track that he wasn't happy with? Backpackers monthly? Jake has two songs on the Young Buck album that is coming out at the end of the month and the hommie Vitamin D has a joint on the album as well. You are really a funny dude.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    stop posting

Dude, you're coming with some Jake One gossip hotline shit when the man himself posts here. Do you not see how corny that is?

stop posting

Dude, you're coming with some Jake One gossip hotline shit when the man himself posts here. Do you not see how corny that is?

LOL! Let em know Brian! Shit is corny.

• stop posting

Nope, I'm not and I never said it was official, I said I read it somewhere...what's it like on that giant pedestal up there, sorry I'm not better than you are...is there room for any more or is just you and Brian?

I must try harder.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    stop posting

Nope, I'm not and I never said it was official, I said I read it somewhere...what's it like on that giant pedestal up there, sorry I'm not better than you are...is there room for any more or is just you and Brian?

I must try harder.

If you're going to try harder at anything, you might want to start with not getting asshurt over opinions that run contrary to your own, a.k.a. Soulstrut Rule of Survival #1.

• Placebo sounds like Wheather Report. And G-Unit like Madlib.

I'm not a huge fan of Marc Moulin, but Placebo is definitely better than Wheather Report. And it's understandable that it's an expensive record. It's not even that rare, but it's obscure and sought-after. Like a 500 Dollar postcard or book. No need to call it 'nothing special'. 'Nothing special' for a big time modern hip hop producer with the cash to pay for any record, but 'something special' for the collectro.

And hey, I wouldn't even dare to say anything about Placebo, cause that stuff is definitely better than those synth lines over guitar stabs. Man, I wish those old musicians would have made that much money.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

WHAT are you talking about? You think people make money producing independent underground hip-hop records? What fantasy land are you living in? Where did you read that Jake hasn't worked with G-Unit since some track that he wasn't happy with? Backpackers monthly? Jake has two songs on the Young Buck album that is coming out at the end of the month and the hommie Vitamin D has a joint on the album as well. You are really a funny dude.

That was a nice vid and I understand people being mad at G-Unit, but I would only be mad if people like wizzle and d are not paid $$$$$ for their beats on a g-unit related release. I heard that was the case with disco d. From what I heard, Cat never saw a dime...