Here is everything I know about project BLOWED.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I guess that Source of Labor didn't visit the Goodlife back in 94 then. I need to get my eyes and ears checked ASAP.

I'm sure they did and Wordsayer is the hommie. I did not come up with those guys. I grew up in the much rougher area of Tacoma and went to school on the Hilltop. You know, where Dan Rather and CBS news came and did a documentary titled "48 Hrs. on crack street." Sorry Archaic, none of the Hilltop Gangster Crips listened to Project Blowed

Your smart ass remark is quite funny. You really get heated that people did not listen to Project Blowed type music! Why?

• the only people I ever knew that dug for raers was the skater/backpacker/hip hop geek crowd.

Some of y'all need to do a mirror check ASAP. Y'all are about as hard as a Sayer come-up. And if it's the music that you listen to that is feeding you your false sense of validation then please know that you are a poseur.

I can get with the folks who used to like the Blowed...but lost interest...although I would say to them that listening to some of the newer stuff that you've yet to hear may very well surprise you in a good way.

For those who are simply spreading blind hate just because you think it's gonna get you props on soulstrut for attempting to butt heads with me...you're the worst kind of pathetic.

I'll say it all day too, any day. Talking bad about stuff you have yet to even hear is about as little dude as it gets.

was that even directed to me? all I FUCKING said is most dudes around my way(mostly close friends) were the skater type. Relax a little FUCKING bit dude. I aint attacking your peoples...I dont hate that PJ shit..I just wouldnt personally bump it. I am about sick and tired of getting all hussy fussy with some of you Soulstrut dudes...and I aint gonna let this be another dude that wants to talk shit to me. Mr FUCKING sensitive...goddamn man.

and for the record..ive owned quite a few PJ related records(all have been ebay'd years ago)...so its not like I never heard their shit. Dont take everything so fucking personal man.

It wasn't directed at you.

in that case..OOPS!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

My hommie played me a new Mikah 9 record the other day. It was produced by Snoop Doog's band or something. It was TERRIBLE, it surprised me in a BAD way. I was NOT feeling the way dude was singin'. Production was mad corny and wack as well.

yo can you get the produced by info for me? im curious if it's the same shit i got recently...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i just like how folls dangle a pork chop in front of you and you bite every time.

DANCE MONKEY BOY!!! DANCE!!!!!!![/b]

• i just like how folls dangle a pork chop in front of you and you bite every time.

damn..I could go for a bbq pork chop right now..anyone else?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

I guess that Source of Labor didn't visit the Goodlife back in 94 then. I need to get my eyes and ears checked ASAP.

I'm sure they did and Wordsayer is the hommie. I did not come up with those guys. I grew up in the much rougher area of Tacoma and went to school on the Hilltop. You know, where Dan Rather and CBS news came and did a documentary titled "48 Hrs. on crack street." Sorry Archaic, none of the Hilltop Gangster Crips listened to Project Blowed

Your smart ass remark is quite funny. You really get heated that people did not listen to Project Blowed type music! Why?

What is up with all of this "it better be hood folks across the globe who are into Project Blowed" garbage?

You said noone from Seattle...I told you some...and you seemingly disqualify them because they're not gully enough for you???

The best counterpoint anyone on here has is "I listened to this song/album and didn't like it". All of this "who else is down" crap is just that.

Also I'm so glad that you came from a neighborhood that had crack in it. It's wonderful that the misery of others empowers you.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Unlike James Brown and the Gang Starr's of the world, most PB artists have evolved with time.

But I guess since the soulstrut consensus says that they're done for, they should just give up and go back to robbing fools like Guzzo for his Modern Soul money.

damn dude why you gotta be so senstivie to what I say? I mean I even tried to buffer it with a "no offense..". The blowed is a memory, nostalgia may be ruling the mind gardens of some but overall they ain't doing nothing new, groundbreaking, or attracting new fans.

The Project Blowed 10th Anniversary Tour show that I caught was well-attended and fun.

Project Blowed still happens every Thursday night.

and whenever the Rolling stones do a tour they sell out arenas everywhere doesn't mean they are still making music that is signifigant like they once were. Sorry to tell you but Project blowed has entered its notalgia era much like big daddy kane, Biz Markie and everyone/ everything else that once meant the world to most.

CVE's Villainism is one of the best rap albums I've heard this year.

Ellay Khule's Califormula is sure to be some good stuff as well.

The Project Blowed 10th Anniversary compilation has some worthwhile stuff on it.

this is all just a matter of opinion.

Now archaic I ain't coming at you sideays, just stating that this type of cheerleading doesn't make Project Blowed more meaningful instead it kinda cheapens what it was.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

What is up with all of this "it better be hood folks across the globe who are into Project Blowed" garbage?

You said noone from Seattle...I told you some...and you seemingly disqualify them because they're not gully enough for you???

The best counterpoint anyone on here has is "I listened to this song/album and didn't like it". All of this "who else is down" crap is just that.

Also I'm so glad that you came from a neighborhood that had crack in it. It's wonderful that the misery of others empowers you.

I was making fun of your remark about how everyone on here claims to be "Hard."
    You were the one that started that, not me. The misery of others does not empower me at all. You don't know me. I am sorry if my "internet humor" offended anyone else. I saw what crack did to the hood around my school and it was very sad. I grew up in a nice all white upper middle class neighborhood and attended a well respected private university. I have a degree and drive a Volvo. Now you can REALLY hate me! You were the one who told us all that you carried a gun in your backpack! Now you are upset because people pretend to be hard while posting on the internet? I am sure you grew up in a tougher neighborhood than I did.
    I did not disqualify Source Of Labor by any means, I just said I did not come up with them. They are cool people. I said I never knew anyone here that listened to Project Blowed. I did not say "NO ONE in Seattle listens to Project Blowed." Read the post again hommie. I am sure there are a lot of people in the Seattle area that listen to them. Those guys perform here often.
    Archaic, you are a mad dude. Go out and take a walk in the sun. Relax a little.
    It's the internet hommie. It's not real life. TAKE IT EASY.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

I think because you always stress how "hood" blowed and their fans are, people like to fuck with you about it. As far as the Seattle Blowed connection, a few people I know went down there (sol, ghetto chilldren (vita's group) and were diggin some of the groups coming out of there. I don't think anybody thought it was so groundbreakingly dope that they had to steal the style though.

My biggest beef with the Blowed was them birthing all this math hop bullshit. I know they had no intention of that, but they definitely gave a lot of these scrubs the blueprint and made all these dudes think "I can be different because Aceyalone is".

• Options

nice bunker spoons.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Some of y'all need to do a mirror check ASAP. Y'all are about as hard as a Sayer come-up.

jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

Archaic, you are a mad dude. Go out and take a walk in the sun. Relax a little.
    It's the internet hommie. It's not real life. TAKE IT EASY.

i just like how folls dangle a pork chop in front of you and you bite every time.

this board tickles the fuck out of me.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Yo I am the biggest Blowed fan I know, besides maybe my younger brother, holler Rootless Cosmo, I discovered "Six Tray" in High School and I've been hooked since. I have a vast Blowed vinyl collection, several FF test pressings, Inner City Griots vinyl etc. I have been to countless FF/Ab Rude/Blowed shows, I am/was friends with Ab and Jup and Mikah Nine is perhaps the illest emcee EVER to me.

BUT c'mon man, their shit has been SUCKING for a while now (Acey's last two LPs, Mikah and Peace's latest CDs have beats so bad they are laughable) and dude, Archaic, I know you are down and whatever, but Chillin Villain Empire is no Freestyle Fellowship. They are occasionally dope and often mediocre. Stop living in the past. I don't know whose payroll you're on, but damn. Dudes have been resting on their laurels for hella long.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Yo I am the biggest Blowed fan I know, besides maybe my younger brother, holler Rootless Cosmo, I discovered "Six Tray" in High School and I've been hooked since. I have a vast Blowed vinyl collection, several FF test pressings, Inner City Griots vinyl etc. I have been to countless FF/Ab Rude/Blowed shows, I am/was friends with Ab and Jup and Mikah Nine is perhaps the illest emcee EVER to me.

BUT c'mon man, their shit has been SUCKING for a while now (Acey's last two LPs, Mikah and Peace's latest CDs have beats so bad they are laughable) and dude, Archaic, I know you are down and whatever, but Chillin Villain Empire is no Freestyle Fellowship. They are occasionally dope and often mediocre. Stop living in the past. I don't know whose payroll you're on, but damn. Dudes have been resting on their laurels for hella long.

in check

umm GAME OVER

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

we will never fall the fuck off....we promise.

oops.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

co-sign....its cool to say Blowed ruled....but now they suck...and i'll be writing a letter to P.E.A.C.E for my money back i spent on that wack ass cd.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    1. Project Blowed was a health food store on crenshaw or somewhere in the hood that dudes used to rap really really fast at.

It was actually called "The Good Life" and not everyone rapped fast there.

[quote}3. Its supposedly where Jurassic 5 first developed that lame everybody rap at one time style.
    You sure they didn't get this from the Fantastic 5, Funky 4, or Treacherous 3??

4. The pharcyde went there a couple times.

many LA heads were there before they blew up - Freestyle Fellowship, the Nonce, Abstract Rude, etc.

9. Aceyalone is that dude with an annoying voice that made some weird ass concept album.

"weird ass concept album"???

14. Haiku de ta? something like that. it was an album, or a 12" with aceyalone and that dude guzzo doesnt like.

15. Freestyle fellowship came from there, and went on to do that song about a potato.

the second one is the one that has the potato song.

am I missing anything?

g'money's hiphop one network...

Ohhh! G Money!!! What's that fool up to nowadays?

co-sign....its cool to say Blowed ruled....but now they suck...and i'll be writing a letter to P.E.A.C.E for my money back i spent on that wack ass cd.

dude! That shit was dope! But I guess most folks weren't feeling it - I saw it all over the Bay in the discount bins for like $5. I think that shit is hype...

potayto potahto

• unkarufusunkarufus 104 Posts

LOL..G Money is a character.

I went with him and a few buddies lobster diving at Catalina a few years ago. Dude didn't catch shit and was all upset cuz my homie wouldn't let him have a lobster to take home. G-Money had promised his family he would catch one. Never mind the fact that EVERYBODY munched on freshly caught lobster the whole weekend. Last I heard he was doing some website sorta like sohh.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Y'all are about as hard as a Sayer come-up.
    I was looking for an appropriate place to post this (but this inappropriate spot should do fine)...
    Returning to work today after all that surgery & shit, what do i find at my desk??

oh yes. someone i work with picked the silliest 70's LP out of their collection and hooked it as a get well gift. apparently, he's got some moldy LP's for me to go thru too. hope i don't get sick again.

okay, back to the mp3-less PB debate.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

dunno just remember going to his crib shortly after the LA R**t* & seeing every kinna cologne known to man sitting on his table... lol

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

dude! That shit was dope! But I guess most folks weren't feeling it - I saw it all over the Bay in the discount bins for like $5. I think that shit is hype...

potayto potahto

recent dope p.e.a.c.e. p.i.e.c.e. bankrolled by dis-joint.

for me, most of the other new PB stuff is unlistenable. sorry.

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    As someone who has looked up to many of these cats over the years, I can only say this: the fact that blowed never really blew up on the underground like it should have (while white suburban kids that based thier whole thing on a creative philosophy pioneered by these guys) just sucks.

When I was living out in Cali I was *really* trying to put in work with Micah9. I think to this day, if you give him a good beat, he will seriously bruise shit [the last Daddy Kev and Prefuse productions are a testament to that]. He is still one of my faves. I would still love to work with him and think that given the right producer, he could absolutely murder shit.

I used to do buisness with G-Money when I used to run a little hiphop website after graduating from college. We talked about him managing me a long time ago, before my associations with Anticon, while I was still working with a very young Buck65 under a group named Sebutones. G-Money helped me out alot back then, pushing my first couple 12's.. and in some ways I still think he has helped me as a musician.

My first time at Blowed was the night P.E.A.C.E. got out of prison... one of the most tense hiphop nights I have ever felt in my life. Im 31. I have been going to hiphop shows since '87 in broke ass hoods from Junglis to the Bronx and south central LA. Blowed is a rugged ass rapspot man! People were trying to battle PEACE just hours out of prison, and it almost ended in some real shit. There was other crazy shit that went on as well... but looking back on all I can do is admire everyone that was performing there.

Anyways, A few months later I worked on a few songs with P.E.A.C.E that were never released or really finished, and I can tell you that dood in intense, and is a fucking POWERHOUSE in the booth. The last thing I heard him on was Diplo's LP, which I thought was a fucking hot track. Dood can obviously rap and freestyle, whether you feel it or not, on some level you have to respect it.

I have only met the CVE cats a few times, and they have always seemed like serious, hardworking doods, and some of the best freestylers on the planet. The percieved-"spinoff"-blowed LA stuff is the shit that I dig the most outside of the OG Fellowship camp. Darkleaf, Mumbles, OMD and some of the guys that worked with Kev and Hive and OMID (who is one of the best doods on the planet, period), Busdriver, AWOL and some of the other guys. Anyways, my 2 cents on the whole thing is this...

Some people wanna shit on doods for making prograssive rap and inventing styles for whatever reason...
    You gonna trash talk a record produced by mumbles and call yourself a record dood? Man, seriously... don't play yourself. I think any self respecting music lover should be able to identify with music moving forward and pushing itself... whether you like it or not.

Without people that take chances on stuff, then the music stays in the exact same place reverse engineering itself. I would rather hear someone trying to make new shit/styles/beats and failing miserably that trying to do the same shit over and over.
    I still love and respect Blowed.

Aww...
    Sixtoo.

emo rap guy on the baord.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    G-G-Game Over!![/b]

• jaybreeziejaybreezie 161 Posts
    I'll just chime in by saying Book of Human Language is still up there for me as far as best albums ever and that the only time I met any of those dudes, it was PEACE A couple months ago (does he live in the Bay now?), and he advised me to scotch-guard my New Balance before they get too dirty. I thought that was a really great tip I had never heard before. Props!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    I can't believe some of you are acting like they (i.e. the core members) completely fell off. Sure, I haven't bought an Aceyalone record since A Book of Human Language, but, as pointed out, given the right beats, these guys still wreck shit. I mean, the latest Haiku d'Tat is definitely no masterpiece, but there's some stuff there that's on par with the best shit put out today. Mikah 9's been rapping on record for fifteen years, and he still manages to impress me technically-- who else can you say that about? Who's seen Pharaohe Monch lately?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Seriously who the fuck are you guys talking about?