Who do you have on ignore?

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

CORRECTION
    elise, just_alice [in happier times], and dizzy_bull at yet another male dominated subculture

This picture is scary.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• the best part of college is seeing all these girls coming to class with pj bottoms on

• CORRECTION
    elise, just_alice [in happier times], and dizzy_bull at yet another male dominated subculture

This picture is scary.

just the facial expressions alone speaks volumes. elise with her "I RULE. ALL OTHER BITCHES HATE ME", justAlice with a slight tinge of "MAN GET ME AWAY FROM ELISE" face, and dizzy_bull with the "WOW, THIS SOJU IS STRONGGGG" expression.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

And Ms. Damn Head, what should we call them if not dumplings?

how about "food purse" or "savory turnover"?

Everytime I hear the word "savory" all I can think of is cat food.

• the best part of college is seeing all these girls coming to class with pj bottoms on

pj bottoms remind me of those colorful print pants that would fade after one wash that gym dudes would wear. kathy ireland reminds me of ray liotta. this thread needs more potsticker power.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Honestly, Shig, you've lost me on this one.

I don't see it.

• And with that...Ms. Damn has been the realest chick on this board I have met or encountered so far. Er, I mean Edith Head.

Thank you for being real. Without you this would not exist and I thank you:

i'm flattered that you would thank me before God and all but please leave me out of this beef unless you are talking about beef potstickers

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

And with that...Ms. Damn has been the realest chick on this board I have met or encountered so far. Er, I mean Edith Head.

Thank you for being real. Without you this would not exist and I thank you:

i'm flattered that you would thank me before GodSuperpoaster and all but please leave me out of this beef unless you are talking about beef potstickers

nope.

I just ate, but damn some potstickers sound damn good right now!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This thread is seriously lame.

Ignoring uses is an odd way of interacting with the community, but discussing who you ignore is pure school yard immaturity and utterly unproductive.

Kala, you spout as much hot air as Dolo. You're like two sides of the same coin. And it's worthless coin that no one bothers to pick up.

Elise, please tone down your attention seeking. It's tedious and contributes nothing to the community. Yes, I know there are many horndog strutters blithely embarrassing themselves with their attempts to impress you, but many of us, including Alice, are sick of it.

Yes

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Dannooo,

plaese to explain how I am trying to get attention. Thanks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Elise, are you in South Carolina. Reason I ask is I just happened to come across a My Space page of a girl into soul and pretty good music with the same name. Charleston, maybe? If so, I am in Greenville.

Do you have a buddy Glen?

• I have Edith Head on ignore. I saw her on BART this morning, but I skraight IGNORED her.

Okay, it was hell of crowded and I didn't fight my way over to say hi to you when I was tired. Plus my book was getting really interesting. But hi! Belatedly. And xin loi (sp?).

• Only a true hipster would type out "brah".

what? jocks say "brah"

When jocks say "brah" and add the "h", that irks the fuck out of me. FUCK THAT JOCK SHIT!

For all of my momona people out there, it's BRA! WHERE'S MY POWER DRINK AND HERBS?!?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Only a true hipster would type out "brah".

what? jocks say "brah"

When jocks say "brah" and add the "h", that irks the fuck out of me. FUCK THAT JOCK SHIT!

For all of my momona people out there, it's BRA! WHERE'S MY POWER DRINK AND HERBS?!?

Were it not for Dog the Bounty Hunter and his TV show, I would have no idea how damn much Hawaiian folk say 'bra'....... I would have NO idea about 'da kine' either..

• kalakala 3,359 Posts

Ignoring uses is an odd way of interacting with the community, but discussing who you ignore is pure school yard immaturity and utterly unproductive.

Kala, you spout as much hot air as Dolo. You're like two sides of the same coin. And it's worthless coin that no one bothers to pick up.

Elise, please tone down your attention seeking. It's tedious and contributes nothing to the community. Yes, I know there are many horndog strutters blithely embarrassing themselves with their attempts to impress you, but many of us, including Alice, are sick of it.

Yes

hey dude
    'just come out and say you don't like me or my politics
    its funny how yer pal rootlesscosmo can flame me 3 times[in an immature juvinile manner] in the same thread but yet he gets away with it because YOU LIKE WJHAT HE IS ABOUT
    all i said was

"israel agenda"
    and dude
    calls me names wishes me death etc but thats ok?

furthermore I am a much more RR contributer than DOLO SKKKUM
    and i do take offense being compared to that steaming pile of dog shit

so please mr un moderate "worthless"moderhater
    GTFOOHWTBS

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Yes

hey dude
    'just come out and say you don't like me or my politics
    its funny how yer pal rootlesscosmo can flame me 3 times[in an immature juvinile manner] in the same thread but yet he gets away with it because YOU LIKE WJHAT HE IS ABOUT
    all i said was

"israel agenda"
    and dude
    calls me names wishes me death etc but thats ok?

furthermore I am a much more RR contributer than DOLO SKKKUM
    and i do take offense being compared to that steaming pile of dog shit

so please mr un moderate "worthless"moderhater
    GTFOOHWTBS

Dolo drops ish too. Without content, context or meaning. Throws ish off the cuff. The diff is that what he says is offensive to you.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Dannooo,

plaese to explain how I am trying to get attention. Thanks.

I cosine with danno and applaud him on his job as moderator

I never want to participate in any of these ''threads'' but..

Elise you are a charismatic person and have a decent amount of knoledge in a style of music i would like to know more about...

its not a question of looking for attention but there are things you need to understand

the strut is a music related message board with a hilarious and engaging ''personality''

the way i would describe it is the following
    80%music/records/industry/tech
    20%clon/rumors/photoshop/boredatwork

I dont know how long you have lurked on but i hope you can pck this up

the two things we could recently ''accuse'' you of doing are this...

too much posting with a unimportant young man
    starting a e-beef with a girl

you may not think it is that bad... (the board can do what it wants)
    but its actually the board is the direct result of its posters

having 15 superpoaster threads is not the fault of the boards natural leniance its the fault of careless posters...and contributes nothing to the musical aspect of it

also unfortunately you are quite a novel member of this community...while others like trouser lopez and Mylatecy do engage in this type of behaviour they havecontiruted in the past and have more of a ''right'' to these inesider jokes

now i dont really care about all of this.. ive liked some of your posts and subsequent hilarious unravellings and would make a call for you to contribute more musically (a call to all)

but i want to come in the defense of justalice for just a moment

she came in as a new female to the board a while ago and was very polite and generally curious before beginning to post...

she then proceeded to share good amounts of musical knowledge adn professional experience with us...

she had squashed the beef with you and never attacked you in the way that could warrant the post you made

i also doubt she is jealous of your attention getting...

although there are some elements of 'girl giht' or 'women competition' (aka bitchiness) they only surfaced after your first nonsubtle or useful salvo...

not to attck you once again i am interested in your future comntibution and have enjoyed interacting with you on the strut

but i will sinmply return to what i wanted to reply to your post before reading the rest of this thread

yo elise you should not ignore alice she has great music knowledge

take what you can out of this

but come on guys we can all do better than this

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

GTFOOHWTBS

Im still awaiting for an answer, Danno. Tell me how I am expressing attention. It seems like evryone does on this board in some way. I mean, some of us are DJ's, and if you have not noticed yet that most DJ's are pompous. This is not a revelation.

Sounds like you're expressing favoritism to me!

Elise, please tone down your attention seeking.

I think calling someone a whore or a fatass is quite of one whom seeks attention. Which doesn't bother me, but when a moderHATTER is calling me out, then it is bogus

click it

"It's very difficult not to feel sorry for someone who relates a plausible tale of suffering in a sob story or "poor me" drama."[/b]

Elise you are a charismatic person and have a decent amount of knoledge in a style of music i would like to know more about

Main Entry: char??is??mat??ic[/b]
    Pronunciation: "ker-&z-'ma-tik, "ka-r&z-
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: charisma
    1 : of, relating to, or constituting the quality of inspiring the most detestable sort of broke-d**k behavior amongst record nerds simply by being female
    2 : having, exhibiting, or based on the quality of inspiring the most detestable sort of broke-d**k behavior amongst record nerds simply by being female

• This thread is seriously lame.

Hey Dan,

You know I went back and re-read my post, and I feel like I pretty much said my piece. I don't really feel immature or unproductive by putting anyone on ignore - matter of fact, I've been a lot MORE productive ever since I started using that feature. One has to filter through an awful lot of bullshit to find the musical discussions on here these days.

This is a great site and there's room for both music and clon... but it feels right now like the inmates are running the asylum. I have to say, I have neither the time nor the energy to sift through it, or try to manage it in place of people like Raj, you, Dave, Drew, Mark, or Anna who are the moderators. So, the ignore feature is pretty handy for me.

Hope all is well with you dude.
    L8R DAYZ
    S-dot

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Elise you are a charismatic person and have a decent amount of knoledge in a style of music i would like to know more about

Main Entry: char??is??mat??ic[/b]
    Pronunciation: "ker-&z-'ma-tik, "ka-r&z-
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: charisma
    1 : of, relating to, or constituting the quality of inspiring the most detestable sort of broke-d**k behavior amongst record nerds simply by being female
    2 : having, exhibiting, or based on the quality of inspiring the most detestable sort of broke-d**k behavior amongst record nerds simply by being female

Awww....

Thank you! He said it folks!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    [??ttention] how do you feel about my post and words in alices defense?[/attention]

Hey Dan,

You know I went back and re-read my post, and I feel like I pretty much said my piece. I don't really feel immature or unproductive by putting anyone on ignore - matter of fact, I've been a lot MORE productive ever since I started using that feature. One has to filter through an awful lot of bullshit to find the musical discussions on here these days.

This is a great site and there's room for both music and clon... but it feels right now like the inmates are running the asylum. I have to say, I have neither the time nor the energy to sift through it, or try to manage it in place of people like Raj, you, Dave, Drew, Mark, or Anna who are the moderators. So, the ignore feature is pretty handy for me.

Hope all is well with you dude.
    L8R DAYZ
    S-dot

Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna flaunt my own "ignore" list, which I have only recently begun to experiment with and have to say is a great feature, but I don't view it as being "an odd way to interact with the community". In fact, I don't view it as affecting my relationship with "the community" at all, since I only apply it to people who have engaged in such bizarre extremes of behavior that they have effectively removed themselves from the community and really should have been banned.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    [??ttention] how do you feel about my post and words in alices defense?[/attention]

I dont think I read it. Sometimes I just skip things.

If you feel the need, more power to you!

I dont want beef, I just simply want to ignore someone who is always negative to me. I dont see anything wrong with that.

BUT, if you have something to tell me so I can learn something new, then I am all eyes! But, if it is to put me down, then its a huge waste of my time and everyone on this board.
    Not that I am not guilty of that myself.

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    faux-dude in your avatar looks like sunny garcia even though i know itsnot

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    people who have engaged in such bizarre extremes of behavior that they have effectively removed themselves from the community and really should have been banned.

truth speaketh

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    pcmr, i feel you, but I will not defend myself any longer.

It getting really stupid, so on that note...

carry on.