~Weekend Findage~

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Woo!-Gary Marks "The Gathering" w/ Insert gifted gratis from that homie Ben V.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dammit, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Friday is NOT the weekend! Well, at least until quittin' time it isn't. And I'm at work, so its not the weekend. In fact, it doesn't start for any of you until I personally get off of work. At appr. 4 PM PST the weekend will begin and you can post finds.

• Woo!

-Gary Marks "The Gathering" w/ Insert gifted gratis from that homie Ben V.

I love this record. Congrats!

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Woo!

wassup with this?

• gifted gratis from that homie Ben V.

"Don't forget about those ski lift passes dog."

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Woo!

wassup with this?

• Woo!

wassup with this?

Soft acoustoguitar love your lady folk songwriting excellence with a sweater on. YES! Music for dog people.

• Woo!

wassup with this?

Soft acoustoguitar love your lady folk songwriting excellence with a sweater on. YES! Music for dog people.

I like this record..It has just been reissued by the Dutch Kindred Spirits label..you can listen to it HERE

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I need to get up with Ben V. He should post here.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Marks' other record after that was kinda interesting too.
    had it around here for a moment.
    a little to bordering on Adult Contemp. for me.
    but i dug it for a few spins.
    alas it has left me forever.

• went to the record store last night (not the weekend i realize), walked out with:

This Is Gene Ludwig LP (GeLu)
    John Coltrane- Sun Ship (Impulse)
    Billy Harper Quintet in Europe (Soul Note) this is dope, SoulNote not getting enough props round here
    Jeremy Steig- Wayfaring Stranger (Blue Note)
    Willie Mitchell- Hold It (Hi)

dropped $30 total

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    pre-weekend thrift finds:
    Jose Areas: S/T ive never heard of this dude but i like it 1974 latin ish trying to sounds african. great album. i just wish i could edit out all the eletric guitar. Kind of Santana meets Fela....Thoughts?

Gary's gang 12" dont remember which one. i think its their big hit.

Some early 80s DJ dance compilation

Brick - S/T

1dollar each.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Woo!

wassup with this?

thats a pretty good description
    im not soft if i like this, am i?

• On the contrary, if you feel this you probably are getting paid. Volvo Raer. I'm totally down with this. What up duke, Forat sort you out?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    On the contrary, if you feel this you probably are getting paid. Volvo Raer. I'm totally down with this. What up duke, Forat sort you out?

its probably bad for the rep to admit this but i have been playin quite a bit of the volvo raer music lately. im either sad or gettin old or somethin.

usps has to sort out the damage they did to my mpc when they dropped it and then forat will get back on it. i got wise and had a mold made just for shipment purposes. hindsight is definitely 20/20.

you comin to miami for wmc this year? stop bein soft

• On the contrary, if you feel this you probably are getting paid. Volvo Raer. I'm totally down with this. What up duke, Forat sort you out?

its probably bad for the rep to admit this but i have been playin quite a bit of the volvo raer music lately. im either sad or gettin old or somethin.

usps has to sort out the damage they did to my mpc when they dropped it and then forat will get back on it. i got wise and had a mold made just for shipment purposes. hindsight is definitely 20/20.

you comin to miami for wmc this year? stop bein soft

Oh god damn they dropped it! shit.

I think I might miss WMC cause we are headed out on tour with EPMD. YES!!! YESS!!!!!!!!! I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT!!! EPMD YES!

I gotta check the dates though, I can't believe I never been to miami yet.

Let me know when Bruce gets it and I'll call him to assist, we did all the painful card reader research shit together.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    good looks homie. will do

and puts on the epmd tour? daaamn... thats wassup
    i just checked the dates and i only see yall hittin up bmore on the east on april fools day. hopefully more dates pop up. but thats some dream opportunity right there.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    I checked out a new record dealer today and found some decent dollar bin stuff( mahavishnu orchestra, deodato...) dude also had almost every single Amiga record available on planet earth.
    however, I found one extremely strange record

It??s a "autosuggestion record" - self-help for people of today.

WTF?

• yeah, i went a bit mad with the mendes...but it was there and i like it!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    yeah, i went a bit mad with the mendes...but it was there and i like it!

Are you in Auckland? I think I recognise some of those LPs......

• Are you in Auckland? I think I recognise some of those LPs......
    yep.
    went a bit crazy at real groovy over thurs / fri.

• That might be my fave King Curtis record ever. Title cut kills it (and Jimi Hendrix is playing rhythm guitar!)!

- J

• Oh and I found some things!

That Perfect circle is an awesome record! Really enjoying it. The Goundhogs record has been getting a lot of plays as well, really cool, VERY bugged out effects happening. Good stoner stuff.

The Sky music record is nice too. The break is amazing, but between the cheesy numbers there are some real nice tracks. That "Authentic Blues" record will have it??s very own thread.

- J

• Are you in Auckland? I think I recognise some of those LPs......
    yep.

went a bit crazy at real groovy over thurs / fri.

Ha! I was thinking that as well ... Nice find on the King Curtis!

• (and Jimi Hendrix is playing rhythm guitar!)
    really???
    I was unaware of this!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    uhh dude, Cosmophonic, your beats are pretty sick.

• Borrowed the pic from popsike, but I just found this on a house buy in Oakland. I'm kind of surprised this ended up in Cali but I'm not complaining. Other than the Pat Brown I haven't had any exciting finds the last couple weeks. I did however pick up the Bob & Gene LP that Daptone just released and it is phenomenal.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    uhh dude, Cosmophonic, your beats are pretty sick.

I was not being sarcastic btw.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    walked away with these for just under twenty:

local spot totalling four bucks:

the big store:

everything in the above, except for the upper corners are dupes, holler!

• Ha, you must be living in Amoeba... I wonder what they had on that Gordon's War.

I could use a copy of that...

• didnt go diggin' but took my girl to the thrift store so she could look for some sort of enamel cooking thingamajig...saw this(yes, I stole the pic from O-dub) stting amongst the Barry Manilows and Arthur Fielder:

been looking for a mint $1 copy for ages...."Gasoline Alley" is that good shit

also found these two, both looked unplayed as the innersleeves had those folds on the corner...y'all know what Im talkin about...

not bad for $3 total and not even looking for records...