young buck - predictions and bold statements

jleejlee 1,539 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
-will it get pushed to mid-summer?-will it be #1 in the country?-will it be better than the ugk record? (is it blasphemous even suggesting that?)-will there be less than 15 songs on that album.-will game or weezy get most of his attention.

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    -will it get pushed to mid-summer? No[/b]
    -will it be #1 in the country? No[/b]

-will it be better than the ugk record?
    (is it blasphemous even suggesting that? More than likely[/b]

-will there be less than 15 songs on that album. No[/b]

-will game or weezy get most of his attention.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i'll predict #1 opening week

• in Nashville - there's zero buzz on him....

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

bold statement;The Onion: Young Buck Resurrects Hip Hop From the Grave

• -will it get pushed to mid-summer? Its definitely dropping 3/20

-will it be #1 in the country? I hope so! I did two songs on it.

-will it be better than the ugk record? Can't call it. Haven't heard the UGK. The song on Buck with Ball and MJG is
    (is it blasphemous even suggesting that?)

-will there be less than 15 songs on that album. Think its 18 or 19 songs

-will game or weezy get most of his attention. I didn't hear anything directly addressing either one of them.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    -will it get pushed to mid-summer? Its definitely dropping 3/20

-will it be better than the ugk record? Can't call it. Haven't heard the UGK. The song on Buck with Ball and MJG is

-will game or weezy get most of his attention. I didn't hear anything directly addressing either one of them.

You know I'm hoping that album goes triple diamond and shit for you. That one beat you got on there is crazy

Dope. Congrats!

You know I'm hoping that album goes triple diamond and shit for you. That one beat you got on there is crazy

Hommie if he goes triple diamond I'll buy one of those psych guys entire table for your ass in Eutrecht. lol

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    young buck production credits =

Hommie if he goes triple diamond I'll buy one of those psych guys entire table for your ass in Eutrecht. lol

There's a couple stinkers on here, but by and large this album is DAMN good. The beats are pretty much 100% insane and Buck has incredible energy and charisma. Go out and buy this album. Support Jake One and Vitamin D, support me because my clients produced like half this album, and most of all support a rapper who actually gave enough of a fuck to put his all into making an album with virtually no cynical "crossover" attempts (Linkin Park track exempted) that's enjoyable from start to finish.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    who produced the single?

• what album is that 4 Kings track from? That track is hot.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    There's a couple stinkers on here, but by and large this album is DAMN good. The beats are pretty much 100% insane and Buck has incredible energy and charisma. Go out and buy this album. Support Jake One and Vitamin D, support me because my clients produced like half this album, and most of all support a rapper who actually gave enough of a fuck to put his all into making an album with virtually no cynical "crossover" attempts (Linkin Park track exempted) that's enjoyable from start to finish.

i mean..for all the g-unit/stabbing dudes in the belly bullshit aside, Buck seems to be a pretty intense/focused dude when it comes to his rap game.

wasn't aware so many strutters were connected to this project, but i look forward to picking up a copy when it comes out (sans linkin park track).

and this single goes fucking hard (ayo?), it reminds me of Trick's 'shut up' with the brass horns.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

i mean..for all the g-unit/stabbing dudes in the belly bullshit aside, Buck seems to be a pretty intense/focused dude when it comes to his rap game.

Out of all of the G-Unit solo debuts, I liked his the most.
    Straight Outta Cashville was solid and I'm sure this one won't disappoint.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Yeah his debut is the best non-Get Rich album g-unit produced.

and i can still listen to the cashville singles, which might even give it an edge.

• and this single goes fucking hard (ayo?), it reminds me of Trick's 'shut up' with the brass horns.

polow da donnnnnnnnnnnn

too bad the chorus is pretty nonexistent (and the record as a whole is kind of like that - definite "album cuts" throughout, sort of pac-like in that respect). dig the video though.

• Polow is killing it right now... Rich Boy - Throw Som D's (even though its almost a year old), and now Get Buck. This is a dope single.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    that ciara single too

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    polow has produced a LOT more shit than that and is probably the most diverse producer out right now. one thing i love is that dude uses different drums on pretty much every track i've heard.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    polow has produced a LOT more shit than that and is probably the most diverse producer out right now. one thing i love is that dude uses different drums on pretty much every track i've heard.

Polow is the dude right now and I am really looking forward to the Rich Boy album because he produced half of it and oversaw the rest (I don't particularly care about Rich Boy himself).

Ciara track = future classic

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, i can get with that. i was kinda suprised at how much i liked her album for the most part beyond the whole cornball evolution pretty butterfly bullshit.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Polow is the dude right now and I am really looking forward to the Rich Boy album because he produced half of it and oversaw the rest[/b] (I don't particularly care about Rich Boy himself).
    Earlier today, I was thinking how a lot of rap albums got away from this concept.
    I'll take an album by an alright MC and a good producer, who produces a bulk of the record.
    I don't care how good a rapper can rap, if his sound (production) is all over the place,
    the record is going to sound like a random collection of songs.

• Ciara track = future classic

dude why not just proclaim its classic status now?

or do you generally wait at least a week after the official release before bestowing this laughable honor?

• is it me or ciara or jazzyphizzle....every ciara song sounds the same no matter the tempo.
    same cadence everytime. " automatic da da daa da da daa da daaaaaa "

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Jake, which tracks did you do on this?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

or do you generally wait at least a week after the official release before bestowing this laughable honor?
    i dont see how it makes any sense to proclaim 'future classics' after they have become classics.

i dont see how it makes any sense to proclaim 'future classics' after they have become classics.

lol. exactly. it's like a time machine everytime faux spins a new record; all of a sudden it's ten years ahead of time in his mind garden and he is compiling some sort of "best of" list.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

lol. exactly. it's like a time machine everytime faux spins a new record; all of a sudden it's ten years ahead of time in his mind garden and he is compiling some sort of "best of" list.

I thought my use of "future" made it sufficiently clear that it was a prediction.

Reading is fundamental... especially for attorneys (and So-Cal law school chads).

I thought my use of "future" made it sufficiently clear that it was a prediction.

Reading is fundamental... especially for attorneys (and So-Cal law school chads).

right, well, like I SAID: why wait? I mean if you can proclaim a record classic a month or two after its release date (as you are so fond of doing), why wait at all? shit, I hear rumors of a '08 Fabolous release...classic yet?

and insofar as "So-Cal law school chads" are concerned, the kid is from SF. read-up on your read-ups sport!

• Jake, which tracks did you do on this?

"clean up man" and "buck the world" feat Lyfe. I did another one called "Dead Wrong" that I thought was the best one out of three, it may be on the international version.