NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• This is all kinda funny because I reckon the Mavs will win tonight and get the DUBS w/in half a game of the Clips. I looked at the remaining schedule though and I give the clips a slight edge.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    dubs have 5 games left and the clips 7... the clippers also have 3 back to backs to the warriors 1.

im hoping this factors into things. this is the only time youll hear this from me but i wish the lakers had won back on the 4th of april when they played the clips.

• dubs have 5 games left and the clips 7... the clippers also have 3 back to backs to the warriors 1.

im hoping this factors into things. this is the only time youll hear this from me but i wish the lakers had won back on the 4th of april when they played the clips.

Clips:

L at Dallas
    W at NOK
    L at Lakers
    W vs Portland
    W vs Sacto
    L at Phoenix
    W vs NOK

GSW

L vs Utah
    W at Sacto
    W vs Minnie
    L vs Dallas
    W at Portland

Clips squeak in. That Dallas game will be huge for the GSWs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Im coppin this tonight!!!

uhhhhh, no fair! Do they have one for the Lakers????!!!

I like the new Faux Rillz/Rockadelic battle.

If the Warriors do make it into that 8th spot and face Dallas and beat 'em. That would be veeerrrry funny.

Man, the Lakers are gonna be scrambling to even make it to the playoffs.....Road games at Denver, Phoenix and Sacramento. The Lakers need 3 wins out of the last 5 to put themselves in a good position. I'm hoping Denver goes 3-3 or 2-4.

Tonight's Denver game is pivotal. MUST SEE T.V. 60% chance the Nuggets are winning.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

GP is considerably more reasonable than you and has therefore not provided me with nearly as many great quotables. This is one statistical category where you pretty much lead the league.

Hmmmm....I lead the league in "being quoted by Harvey Hoops"......I have a sudden urge to boil crawfish and get with the girl down the road!!!

And as far as Yuichi's wet dream of the Mavs being knocked out in the first round....

If it indeed happens I won't make up an excuse, whine about Refs or cut down Nellie and his crew.

But I got a shit load of money that says it won't happen if anyone here is dumb enough to ante up.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Tonight's Denver game is pivotal. MUST SEE T.V. 60% chance the Nuggets are winning.

Well yuichi, I will surely be watching. May the best team (of the night) win.

Fuck the Lakers. In disarray for much of the game. I don't see the intensity and sense of urgency at all. I'll be happy if we even make it to the playoffs at this rate.

thank you dallas! clips lose tonite and my dubs are up at the half against the jazz!!! lets go warriors!!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    thank you dallas! clips lose tonite and my dubs are up at the half against the jazz!!! lets go warriors!!!

Hell yes!!! We need to pass the Clippers however because they win if we're tied up at the end of the season.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

GP is considerably more reasonable than you and has therefore not provided me with nearly as many great quotables. This is one statistical category where you pretty much lead the league.

Hmmmm....I lead the league in "being quoted by Harvey Hoops"......I have a sudden urge to boil crawfish and get with the girl down the road!!!

Damn, Rich... I seem to have underestimated you. You've got a legit sense of humor. I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Hell yes!!! We need to pass the Clippers however because they win if we're tied up at the end of the season.

what up!!!!!!!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Damn, Rich... I seem to have underestimated you. You've got a legit sense of humor. I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Shit...if that's the first time I've made you laugh then I've underestimated myself!

• You're welcome, Dubs. Way to hold up yr end of the bargain by beating the Jazz.

Looks like the Mavs are shutting it down for the most part after clinching top seed. No Dirk and Stack on the trip to Minnie for Wednesday.

I think you have to give the Mavs a little bit of respect for the early indications fo bouncing back from the Finals loss. No one was talking about the few moves they made in the offseason, but the team came back focused and TCB in the regular season. Can't wait for the second season to start soon.

Fuck the Lakers. In disarray for much of the game. I don't see the intensity and sense of urgency at all. I'll be happy if we even make it to the playoffs at this rate.

You know, I think the Lakers played decent really, I think you aren't giving enough credit to the Denver defense. They've really stepped it up in the past 2 weeks and it shows. We held Dallas to 71 points the other night. We kept the pressure on LA last night, challenged a lot of shots (blocked a lot of shots). Camby had 22 rebounds and 7 blocks! Carmelo is putting in tons of effort on the defensive end. He's setting an example for the rest of the team. Dudes are just playing really well right now.

Granted, Phil had Kobe set up as the faciltator last night as opposed to letting him run wild and score 200 points, but honestly, if the team can't play together and they have to rely on him to win games, there's no way they're going to make it through the first round. With only a handful of games left, and coming off of a steady week or two of "the Kobe show", it only seems right that Phil would try to get the rest of the team involved in a few games before the playoffs begin. Walton was on it last night. Odom did well. Fouls were a big issue. That whistle would not stop blowing for either side. It was still a good game from where I'm sitting though.

I think you have to give the Mavs a little bit of respect

Seriously, I don't think there's anybody in the world who's not giving the team with the best record in the league at least "a little respect", I'm pretty sure you guys are OK in the respect department. At this point, it's all about the teams on the playoff bubble. We all know how great the Mavs are already. What more do you want from us basketball fans?? Haha SHEESH.

ps - Nice job Warriors! Buried the Jazz! Now they're gonna come back with a vengeance that they will no doubt take out on the Nugs on Wednesday.

• I think you have to give the Mavs a little bit of respect

Seriously, I don't think there's anybody in the world who's not giving the team with the best record in the league at least "a little respect", I'm pretty sure you guys are OK in the respect department. At this point, it's all about the teams on the playoff bubble. We all know how great the Mavs are already. What more do you want from us basketball fans?? Haha SHEESH.

ps - Nice job Warriors! Buried the Jazz! Now they're gonna come back with a vengeance that they will no doubt take out on the Nugs on Wednesday.

Are you mad, dogasus?

Not yet, I'll save my anger for the playoffs!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    that lakers/clippers matchup might prove pretty important. lakers could slip out of the playoff picture

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Clippers lose! Clippser lose!

The Warriors are one more step closer to the playoffs!!!!?!?!!

You know, I think the Lakers played decent really, I think you aren't giving enough credit to the Denver defense. They've really stepped it up in the past 2 weeks and it shows. We held Dallas to 71 points the other night. We kept the pressure on LA last night, challenged a lot of shots (blocked a lot of shots). Camby had 22 rebounds and 7 blocks! Carmelo is putting in tons of effort on the defensive end. He's setting an example for the rest of the team. Dudes are just playing really well right now.

Granted, Phil had Kobe set up as the faciltator last night as opposed to letting him run wild and score 200 points, but honestly, if the team can't play together and they have to rely on him to win games, there's no way they're going to make it through the first round. With only a handful of games left, and coming off of a steady week or two of "the Kobe show", it only seems right that Phil would try to get the rest of the team involved in a few games before the playoffs begin. Walton was on it last night. Odom did well. Fouls were a big issue. That whistle would not stop blowing for either side. It was still a good game from where I'm sitting though.

Oh no doubt. Camby is a monster. But that Denver team is beatable. Matter of fact, the last 2 years have proved that Phil Jackson's style of play can beat just about anyone. If most of our core players were healthy coming into this late stretch, we wouldn't be srambling for a playoff spot this late. GO LAKERS!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I pray The Warriors make the playoffs......Dallas should be very afraid

The Magic Number for the Lakers is 2[/b] wins.

• I pray The Warriors make the playoffs......Dallas should be very afraid

Oh shit it must be fuckin Groundhog Day! The biggest Mavs hater of them all peeped his lil' head out. WE AIN'T SCURRED OF THE DUBS ARE YOU SHITTIN ME?

Why do you call the Warriors, "The Dubs"? I've never heard that before.

• Why do you call the Warriors, "The Dubs"? I've never heard that before.

C'mon man, it was posted fifteen times already! I'm fuckin w/ Warriors fan.

Why do you call the Warriors, "The Dubs"? I've never heard that before.

C'mon man, it was posted fifteen times already! I'm fuckin w/ Warriors fan.

• You keep your shirtless J-Dub jpegs in a public folder or private?

You keep your shirtless J-Dub jpegs in a public folder or private?

Dude, I was able to hack into your computer just now.