NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

They tried to give the game away at the end (in typical Spurs fashion, it seems), but they also demonstrated how you force the other team to play your preferred style of basketball. Very nice.

If Nash had held that prolific scorer Tony Parker to under 30 points they may have won.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Nash is a defensive liability. Just postup that weakling during the playoffs.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    nash would put stockton on his ass!!

• nash would put stockton on his ass!!

Please. You know Stockton would pull a blackjack or a sock full of nickels out of his lil' short shorts and whomp that Canadian.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Nash is a defensive liability. Just postup that weakling during the playoffs.

LOL

Malone would put Amare on his ass.

"I played against Jordan, twice, fool"

Last night Barkey said these new kids are more talented but not better decision makers.

Please. You know Stockton would pull a blackjack or a sock full of nickels out of his lil' short shorts and whomp that Canadian.

LOOLOLLLOLOL

And Stock wouldnt try to contain Nash, he would play team defense and funnel the MVP into the paint for Mark Eaton to smack his shit into row 5.

And Stock wouldnt try to contain Nash, he would play team defense and funnel the MVP into the paint for Mark Eaton to smack his shit into row 5.

You're on a roll. Mark Eaton. Word.

Last night I[/b] said these new kids are more athletic[/b] but not as skilled[/b] .

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

haha fuck yeah. and man, stockton overrated? nash put stockton on his ass? geez that might be the biggest gtfohwtbs in this whole thread!!!

you guys are calling stockton one of the goat, right? if that is the consensus, he is overrated....so gtfohwtbs. utah's offense during the stockton era was a pg's dream come true. he racked up assists because he was a great pg...but also because Sloan scripted the offense around his passing like he was the QB and they never ran the ball.

• no doubt, drazen petrovic was the euro who kicked the door in for the rest of them. that dude is/was a demigod in the former yugoslavia. i believe that sabonis may have been the best big man on the planet at one point in his life, and may be one of the best bigs to ever play if you consider all-around skills. even as a one-legged 30-something year old his court vision and passing were ridiculous, and you have to understand that when he was young he could do literally everything ... defend, shoot 3's, post, pass, whatever. he was the one guy who could challenge shaq in his prime defensively, and he was a little bit over the hill by then. plus he has the biggest head that i've ever seen in person

plus he has the biggest head that i've ever seen in person

Hell yea.

• i believe that sabonis may have been the best big man on the planet at one point in his life, and may be one of the best bigs to ever play if you consider all-around skills. even as a one-legged 30-something year old his court vision and passing were ridiculous, and you have to understand that when he was young he could do literally everything ... defend, shoot 3's, post, pass, whatever. he was the one guy who could challenge shaq in his prime defensively, and he was a little bit over the hill by then. plus he has the biggest head that i've ever seen in person

Agree 100%.

Americans just never gave Sabonis any shine.

If Sabonis would have played for the Blazers when he got drafted instead of waiting 9 years.......Portland would have beat both the Bulls and Pistons in the Finals. would have made it to the finals a couple more times too.

Imagine.....Porter, Drexler, Kersey, Williams & Sabonis as your starting 5.

UNFUCKWITHABLE!

• Guy could palm a basketball like it was a tennis ball.

you guys are calling stockton one of the goat, right? if that is the consensus, he is overrated....so gtfohwtbs. utah's offense during the stockton era was a pg's dream come true. he racked up assists because he was a great pg...but also because Sloan scripted the offense around his passing like he was the QB and they never ran the ball.

The NBA made him one of the Top 50 so they must overrate him too.

I can't think of a player I disliked more than Stockton.

Dude was annoying, the kind of player you NEVER wanted to play against.

Played ridiculous defense and would take on the best guards in the league by getting in their heads and in their shit all night long.

Hustled and got in more cheap shots than a Hockey player.

BUT.....

Dude made it to the West Finals 5 times and the NBA Finals twice with the following players STARTING on his team.

Felton Spencer
    Mike Brown
    Adam Keefe
    Mark Eaton
    Greg Ostertag
    Greg Foster

It wasn't that Stockton couldn't run a wide open offense, the players he was stuck with couldn't!!!!

Compare the above players to:
    Amare
    Barbosa
    Diaw
    Marion

I can't believe that I'm defending my least favorite player evar.....but you gotta give props where they are due.

• KVH, I respect yr takes and appreciate your input on this thread but I couldn't disagree with you more here. Rock's right...besides Malone, Hornacek, B Russell....the cat played w/ crumb-bums. Again, Nash is only just now started putting up numbers close to Stockton's in the last 3-4 years of a 9/10 year career.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

UNFUCKWITHABLE!

Can you imagine what that Bulls/Blazers Finals would've been like? The face-melter of face-melters.

we are beating a dead horse, but just so i can go out with the last word here, NASH HAS WON 2 MVPS!! check the stats. there have been a handful of pgs to ever win mvp, and i can' think of any who have won it twice (did magic?). that is some legendary shit right there. you can talk about what stockton did in his career, but if the debate is strictly about who is a better player, you don't get much more direct evidence than 2 mvp awards v. none.

the plaintiff rests, your honor.

• we are beating a dead horse, but just so i can go out with the last word here, NASH HAS WON 2 MVPS!! check the stats. there have been a handful of pgs to ever win mvp, and i can' think of any who have won it twice (did magic?). that is some legendary shit right there. you can talk about what stockton did in his career, but if the debate is strictly about who is a better player, you don't get much more direct evidence than 2 mvp awards v. none.

Did he deserve 'em?

I say Shaq 2 years ago and Dirk last year but that's just me.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    we are beating a dead horse, but just so i can go out with the last word here, NASH HAS WON 2 MVPS!! check the stats. there have been a handful of pgs to ever win mvp, and i can' think of any who have won it twice (did magic?). that is some legendary shit right there. you can talk about what stockton did in his career, but if the debate is strictly about who is a better player, you don't get much more direct evidence than 2 mvp awards v. none.

Did he deserve 'em?

Yes!

Nash is obviously the most important player on his team. They're not the same without him. He puts tremendous pressure on the defense because he'll drive right into the paint repeatedly and if nothing develops will dribble right out to do it again when others would either pick up their dribble or go for their own shot. He can score probably as much as he wants but doesn't becuse he's a pass first point guard. He's obviously not a defender, but what he does on offense is a thing of beauty in my eyes. I think he deserved the MVPs, especially last year when he took his team deep into the playoffs without Stoudamire and if he won it again this year I could see why.

Right now I would put Stockton in front of him because he made it to the finals twice, has the record for most assists in the NBA, and played both ends of the floor (with all of his dirty tricks that others have pointed out).

Fuck that shit, Chucky Atkins is better than both Stockton and Nash. He plays with more swagger.

Why did Nash get traded to Phoenix?

Magic has how many rings?

MVP only counts for the regular season and real legends are made in the PLAYOFFS.

2 mvp awards vs.1 mvp award and a chance at the ring. What would you prefer?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

$

Magic has how many rings?

MVP only counts for the regular season and real legends are made in the PLAYOFFS.

2 mvp awards vs.1 mvp award and a chance at the ring. What would you prefer?

I would prefer 2 Allstar Game MVPs and a Playstation Skills Challenge Runner-Up over both of those.

$

He didn't get traded.....free agent ish.

He knew if he stayed he'd have to play defense

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

UNFUCKWITHABLE!

Can you imagine what that Bulls/Blazers Finals would've been like? The face-melter of face-melters.

shit! sabonis would have eaten them bulls centers alive! bill cartwright, luc longley, bill wennington, scott williams and brian williams.

anyways, WARRIORS BABY!!! winning games they should be winning and winning games they shouldnt be!!! 4 straight games!!! playoff bound baby!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    anyways, WARRIORS BABY!!! winning games they should be winning and winning games they shouldnt be!!! 4 straight games!!! playoff bound baby!!!

Except the Clippers keep winning as well (damn them). C'mon Warriors, don't keep the streak alive!