NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Or through an irrational belief that one's favorite team--however much evidence exists to the contrary--will ultimately triumph?

Veiled shot....but the evidence laid down through the regular season to date gives the Mavs as good or better a chance than anyone to win it. And how do your Suns fit into that axiom?

You Dirk Riders are something else... I think you want to see veiled shots where there aren't any.

Dude, you're the Harvey Canal of Hoops.

I'm a Mavs fan.....been one since they formed the franchise.....rooted for them through good times and bad.....If Dirk leaves I'm not gonna ride his dick into another town.

You on the other hand admit to choosing at least four players and riding their dicks into whatever port of call they land in, as if they were the Project Blowed of Basketball.

Your basketball posts are embarrassing attempts to rile up some ridiculous shit, not unlike 'Ol Harv's Texas rap posts.

Please continue to do it, just know your game is transparent.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Almost took it to a Yuichi level.

There have been numerous e-battles over the years. My record is like 13-0 right now.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Or through an irrational belief that one's favorite team--however much evidence exists to the contrary--will ultimately triumph?

Veiled shot....but the evidence laid down through the regular season to date gives the Mavs as good or better a chance than anyone to win it. And how do your Suns fit into that axiom?

You Dirk Riders are something else... I think you want to see veiled shots where there aren't any.

Dude, you're the Harvey Canal of Hoops.

I'm a Mavs fan.....been one since they formed the franchise.....rooted for them through good times and bad.....If Dirk leaves I'm not gonna ride his dick into another town.

You on the other hand admit to choosing at least four players and riding their dicks into whatever port of call they land in, as if they were the Project Blowed of Basketball.

Your basketball posts are embarrassing attempts to rile up some ridiculous shit, not unlike 'Ol Harv's Texas rap posts.

Please continue to do it, just know your game is transparent.

Your model of fandom is obsolete.

• It's a toss up in my book between who would win that series over 7 games.

GP is about to accuse you of unbridled hate or some such foolishness.

Put all 3 series in a box and shake 'em up...they all are likely to go 7.

Spurs v. Suns favors the Spurs. Spurs v. Mavs favors the Mavs. The Suns may very well have a favorable matchup over the Mavs due to the Mavs inability to check the one STAT. Spurs easily handled what I think was a better Suns team in 05 WCF. Stoudemire was at his physical best during that year's playoffs. JMO, and maybe I'm projecting, but I just see that series as one the Suns will have a tough time winning. Especially if they don't TCB these last weeks and hold the #2 seed.

Faux, I'm glad I can provide yr entertainment. When have I ever been not willing to poke fun at myself though or talk about other NBA squads? Were the Mavs even on your radar before about November of last year? You can't blame a fan for getting salty about wild proclamations of humiliating lossES when the season series was split and two of the games were one-bucket affairs. Mavs earned a breather yesterday by handling the games and teams they were supposed to. #1 seed is a wrap by this time next week.

I hope the Suns DO make the WCF and the Mavs beat those lil' fuckers and then I want some of the annointed one D Wade an 'em.

• Your model of fandom is obsolete.

CHANGE YO TEAM LIKE YOU CHANGE THEM HIGH-THREAD COUNT BEDSHEETS, DAWG!

So is integrity and loyalty......you're proud of that???

• I really think Rock and I's titles need to be changed to Dirk Rider. Gratis.

If your team(s) suck....don't trash another(better)team just for the hell of it.

Hey, sometimes it's the only thing to do, when your franchise or franchise player sucks ass.

If your team(s) suck....don't trash another(better)team just for the hell of it.

Hey, sometimes it's the only thing to do, when your franchise or franchise player sucks ass.

A true hoops head will just enjoy the beauty of the game and those who play it well while waiting for their team to be competitive.

Haters will hate.

Faux, I'm glad I can provide yr entertainment. When have I ever been not willing to poke fun at myself though or talk about other NBA squads? Were the Mavs even on your radar before about November of last year?

Dude, they've only been perennial contendors for half a decade. And they've been the favorite all season. They're not your little supersecret, and they're not underdogs. That's sort of the crux of what I find humorous here--the illusions you guys have about how hated/underestimated/whatever they are.

The best thing about this thread is that Faux knows I'm right, his ego just won't let him admit it.

Ride those four dicks baby!!!!

Loyalty to what? A franchise? A name? Some colors? It's beyond me how anybody could feel any sort of abstract loyalty to a franchise in 2007.

I'm loyal to players that I enjoy watching and whose personal stories move me.

Mavs humiliated by Suns... again.

Start making excuses, little dudes.

Why would GP and I be under the illusion that anyone is hating on us or our team?????

From now on in any Basketball thread I will address you as "Harvey Hoops"

A true hoops head will just enjoy the beauty of the game and those who play it well while waiting for their team to be competitive. Haters just hate.[/b]

DUDE(!). There should be an automatic response like that.

Loyalty to what? A franchise? A name? Some colors? It's beyond me how anybody could feel any sort of abstract loyalty to a franchise in 2007.

Wow. It's like we're so far apart we're calling to each other from across the Grand Canyon

The above is what makes one a casual fan. Not the knowledge. The passion. Your approach to sport seems cerebral. Mine is straight visceral. "And that's okay."

Oh shit, this is gonna be good, please entertain us with one of your fave four players and their personal stories that move you HH.

• I'm loyal to players that I enjoy watching and whose personal stories move me.

Oh shit, this is gonna be good, please entertain us with one of your fave four players and their personal stories that move you HH.

He used to be a huge Jim Abbott fan.

This represents, and may very well be the result of, everything that is wrong with Sports in 2007.

Even you can't deny that Harvey Hoops.

Wow. It's like we're so far apart we're calling to each other from across the Grand Canyon

The above is what makes one a casual fan. Not the knowledge. The passion. Your approach to sport seems cerebral. Mine is straight visceral. "And that's okay."

I'm not surprised that you think that that view reduces me to "casual" fandom, but I do wonder why you think an attachment to a name and some colors (and please spare me invocations of "tradition") is more "visceral" than an attachment to actual players.

I bet you like college ball, too, huh?

This represents, and may very well be the result of, everything that is wrong with Sports in 2007.

Even you can't deny that Harvey Hoops.

Do I think the constant shifting around of players and the consequent lack of organizational identity is unfortunate? Yes.

Am I going to doggedly hold to an outmoded model of fandom that no longer makes sense given that that is now the reality? No.

I'm not surprised that you think that that view reduces me to "casual" fandom, but I do wonder why you think an attachment to a name and some colors (and please spare me invocations of "tradition") is more "visceral" than an attachment to actual players.

I bet you like college ball, too, huh?

It would seem the view you describe holding would protect you from the fucking gutpunch of a big loss or losing season/s. I envy that actually. Spurs/Mavs last year might be considered one of the best series ever but I'd be hard-pressed to say that I enjoyed it. I enjoyed Colts/Pats in the AFC title game cos I gave a fuck. Conversely, I was happy to emerge from Spurs/Mavs without suffering a coronary. I dunno, you tell me, do you ever watch games and fell physically ill?

College football is on a week-to-week, per game basis the best sport you could hope to watch. College basketball hasn't been the same since the mass-exodus of the youngsters in mid90s or so, but March Madness is a top 5 sporting event.

In general though, I'll take the pros any day because I like to see the best in the world compete and I don't harbor illusions that "money changed the game". I definitely fucks w/ college sports as well, though.

"I bet you like college ball, too, huh?"[/b]

I'm a fan of Basketball........on any and every level.

I spent 3 days last month watching 18 games at our High School State Tourney.

I love the strategy, competition and skills involved.

You on the other hand appear to view Basketball as some sort of Athletic Soap Opera revolving around "personal stories" and individual fanboy dick riding.

You're looking real good about now, crank it up a notch.

You on the other hand appear to view Basketball as some sort of Athletic Soap Opera revolving around "personal stories" and individual fanboy dick riding.

Did I say that?

I don't know why finding something appealing or interesting in somebody's personal story is any less valid of a justification for fandom than the geographic coincidence of living in the same city as the team.

I'm not surprised you find the idea repugnant, though.

Did I say that?

I don't know why finding something appealing or interesting in somebody's personal story is any less valid of a justification for fandom than the geographic coincidence of living in the same city as the team.

I'm not surprised you find the idea repugnant, though.

Tell us one of these inspiring personal stories and we'll find out just how repugnant I find them.

Or better yet, just tell us who the four players are that motivate you to follow the Suns, Knicks and Lakers .......I bet I already know their personal stories.

Did I say that?

Ummm...yeah...I think that pretty much sums up what you have said here.

You follow teams based on individual players who's personal stories inspire you.

Did I say that?

Ummm...yeah...I think that pretty much sums up what you have said here.

You follow teams based on individual players who's personal stories inspire you.

Rock, I'm not even going to argue with you--I'm just going to redirect you to the original post that contained the phrase you keep harping on and which preceded it with my other criterion for following certain players:

You have yet to offer a reason for why this set of reasons is inferior to the colors of the unis they wear or who cuts their check.

You have yet to offer a reason for why this set of reasons is inferior to the colors of the unis they wear or who cuts their check.

And then you'll explain what the difference is between your reasons for being a fan and those who you call "Dirk Riders"??

You just wanted to stir some shit......and it's made you look pretty lame(imo).

Shit....you won't even admit who the players you follow are.

Afraid some asshole might throw that juvenile Dirk Rider shit back at you??

And then you'll explain what the difference is between your reasons for being a fan and those who you call "Dirk Riders"??

Rock, in seriousness, why are you getting so worked up?

I have no problem with your model of fandom.

And "Dirk Riders" is just jokes. Nothing to get asshurt about.

• I keep imagining the song "Dirk Rider" sung to the tune of Henry Rollins' (poor) cover of the Suicide song "Ghost Rider".

Dudes, when the Mavs win in June, the only NBA posts you will be reading from me will solely contian the words "MAVS, MUTHAFUCKAS!". I will be posting that often, however.

Rock, in seriousness, why are you getting so worked up?

I have no problem with your model of fandom.

And "Dirk Riders" is just jokes. Nothing to get asshurt about.

It's all good here.....I'm getting worked up the same way Harvey gets you worked up....

I'm laughing on every post.