Great new york rap albums, post 1997

Comments

• Dooley-O sons all rappers outside of the tristate.

this thread has officially taken a turn for the absurd.

Let me explain my criteria. Then again who are you? You might be a famous rapper knowing this sight. Please don't clown me!

Let me explain my criteria. Then again who are you? You might be a famous rapper knowing this sight. Please don't clown me!

POST. OF. THE. YEAR.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    :5pager:

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

famous rapper knowing this sight

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    NO: Jay-Z or dudes from Philadelphia (no roc-a-fella), NJ or 'the east coast' not from the 5 boroughs.

Do you mean New York Hip Hop that's not from NYC? Your talkin Long Island/Yonkers/New Ro/etc?
    Buffalo/'Cuse/Albany/etc?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

M.O.P. - Warriorz is a classic.

POST. OF. THE. YEAR.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like J-Zone

me too. Gimme Dat Beat Fool remix CD is really good.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm suprised nobody is sticking up for that 50 cent doo doo! nobody is going to admit liking this shit now?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm suprised nobody is sticking up for that 50 cent doo doo! nobody is going to admit liking this shit now?

That album is a classic... but nobody is really interested in engaging with deej's and RC's foolishness.

Holy Crap! Look at my name... how did that happen? I didn't even know you could do that!

That album is a classic... but nobody is really interested in engaging with deej's and RC's foolishness.

So you wouldn't be emberassed if somebody you knew saw you driving down the street bumping the birthday song at full blast?!

I'm calling bullshit.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

That album is a classic... but nobody is really interested in engaging with deej's and the one called[/b] RC's foolishness.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    NO: Jay-Z or dudes from Philadelphia (no roc-a-fella), NJ or 'the east coast' not from the 5 boroughs.

Do you mean New York Hip Hop that's not from NYC? Your talkin Long Island/Yonkers/New Ro/etc?
    Make it NY state. I will allow Buffalo/Syracuse/Albany/Chatham/whatever

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

???foolishness? I really dont get it. Is it because these aren't raers? Is it because they're not Noz-discovered obscure cassette-only tracks? Is it because you like maybe 3 rap albums a year? Is it because this thread's been made before?

So you wouldn't be emberassed if somebody you knew saw you driving down the street bumping the birthday song at full blast?!

I'm calling bullshit.

Eh, maybe a little--but only because that song is absurdly played out. Lots of classic albums feature one or more overplayed singles that nobody ever needs to hear again.

???foolishness? I really dont get it. Is it because these aren't raers? Is it because they're not Noz-discovered obscure cassette-only tracks? Is it because you like maybe 3 rap albums a year? Is it because this thread's been made before?

You have the wrong idea about me--everyone knows I am a rap populist.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Shouldn't you be nominating that Busta album from last year you thought was so great

TOUCH IT BRING IT PAY IT WATCH IT

Shouldn't you be nominating that Busta album from last year you thought was so great

TOUCH IT BRING IT PAY IT WATCH IT

Actually, I panned that album upon it's release--read up on your read ups.

Only after it became apparent that we were suffering through a truly dismal year was I forced to admit that it was, in fact, among the dozen or so better rap albums to come out.

But, really, why am I arguing? I am so far above the reproach of an avowed Shawnna fan.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Shawnna disses are tres weak. I'm guessing at most 2 people on this board heard the album and none of them are talking shit.

Still one of the better rap albums to come out last year.

Shawnna disses are tres weak. I'm guessing at most 2 people on this board heard the album and none of them are talking shit.

Still one of the better rap albums to come out last year.

Your lust is obstructing your hearing.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the fact that you haven't actually played the album is obstructing yours

• NO: Jay-Z or dudes from Philadelphia (no roc-a-fella), NJ or 'the east coast' not from the 5 boroughs.

Make it NY state. I will allow Buffalo/Syracuse/Albany/Chatham/whatever

is there rappers in Oneonta? Utica? I kinda hope not.

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I always loved this album...although it came out IN 97...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I always loved this album...although it came out IN 97...

Musical Massacre qualifies

What about Pharaohe?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_hip_hop#The_Shiny_Suit_era_and_mainstream_pinnacle

Seemingly as of the start of 2007, a tide has turned with many hip hop websites and radio stations fueling the movement and the ongoing prediction of history repeating itself, the lyricism appreciation returning signifies an apparent sense of the audience finally after almost four years, becoming tired of the more pop less substance style of most southern artist and deem that the East and/or more lyrical MC's will become mainstream once again.

lol

What about Pharaohe?

Please be serious, deej. Just this once.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Both Masta Ace albums were good. Great?......I dont know.