The auction of a lifetime...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• I have a bunch of original Bob James albums straight from his collection, how much would those be worth?
    I think I have all of them...
    Peace
    DJ Zest

Oh yeah I have a bunch of other CTI albums as well, Hubert Laws etc...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    somebody let raj know about this one...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I have a bunch of original Bob James albums straight from his collection, how much would those be worth?
    I think I have all of them...
    Peace
    DJ Zest

At least 14 lifetimes.

• Looking at the thread's author, and then the thread's title, I was hoping to find a link to an auction for something untangible, like AUTHENTICITY or a GHETTO PASS.

rare oop

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Those 55 records are worth 55 dollars, max.

Looking at the thread's author, and then the thread's title, I was hoping to find a link to an auction for something untangible, like AUTHENTICITY or a GHETTO PASS.

rare oop

Carpetbaggeur jump-ins are conducted annually at ARC.

But be prepared to pay mightily for the service.

$500 for me to do it.

$5000 for a rep from Guerilla Maab to do it.

• Looking at the thread's author, and then the thread's title, I was hoping to find a link to an auction for something untangible, like AUTHENTICITY or a GHETTO PASS.

rare oop

$500 for me to do it.

I wish I could... but they moved the dates of ARC this year to the same weekend as WFMU. I have a hunch they did this precisely so that dealeur-carpetbagguers like myself can't gain access to the righteous funk provideurs to be found therein.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Looking at the thread's author, and then the thread's title, I was hoping to find a link to an auction for something untangible, like AUTHENTICITY or a GHETTO PASS.

rare oop

$500 for me to do it.

I wish I could... but they moved the dates of ARC this year to the same weekend as WFMU. I have a hunch they did this precisely so that dealeur-carpetbagguers like myself can't gain access to the righteous funk provideurs to be found therein.

Perhaps Shied could send us a righteous funk care package containing soiled diapers, shroomz, crayfish, and scribbled addresses for the girls down the road.

Righteous funk is a dish best served cold.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If hanging out with HarveyAnal could cure cancer would you do it?

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Just got an email back from the seller who informs me he'll be packing the mailers with Texas rap sleeves and some Austin Chronicles he got BIN so nothing damages the grails.

• crayfish

If you were really from the South--read: The Gulf Coast--you would never ever spell that word with a y.

I find that spelling and its pronunciation to be grating and offensive.

crayfish

If you were really from the South--read: The Gulf Coast--you would never ever spell that word with a y.

The correct spelling is M-U-D-B-U-G-S.

• crayfish

The correct spelling is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    crayfish

You prefer crawfish?

It's been a long time since I've had occasion to say it out loud, so forgive me for forgetting which is the authentic pronunciation.

But welcome back.

• crayfish

You prefer crawfish?

It's been a long time since I've had occasion to say it out loud, so forgive me for forgetting which is the authentic pronunciation.

But welcome back.

Yes. I stays throwin' up the W.

And thanks.

Now, a somewhat unrelated story:

Years ago, my oldest friend, a Mr. Olivier who I grew up across the street from, had a big crawfish boil. They had a friend named Greg who had recently moved down from Chicago and had never experienced such a f??te, so they invited him over to partake in the festivities. After peeling many, many cayenne-coated crawfish, learning to suck the heads (NO PAUSE NEEDED), and drinking several beers, he excused himself to the bathroom.

Just as my friend wondered aloud if Greg knew to wash the cayenne off his hands prior to touching his genitals, he heard a blood-curdling scream from the bathroom.

Lesson learned.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Just as my friend wondered aloud if Greg knew to wash the cayenne off his hands prior to touching his genitals, he heard a blood-curdling scream from the bathroom.

Lesson learned.

The above also applies to washing your hands really, really, really well prior to taking out (or putting in) your contact lenses after getting spicy stuff on your fingers. Use steel wool if you must. (searing eyeball pain-related)

• Just got an email back from the seller who informs me he'll be packing the mailers with Texas rap sleeves and some Austin Chronicles he got BIN so nothing damages the grails.

three copies of white rabbit

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Lesson learned.

This is a lesson best not learned the hard way, but once learned the hard way, it is never forgotten. That piss burns for hours afterwards. No cure except time.

• crayfish

You prefer crawfish?

But welcome back.

Yes. I stays throwin' up the W.

And thanks.

Now, a somewhat unrelated story:

Years ago, my oldest friend, a Mr. Olivier who I grew up across the street from, had a big crawfish boil. They had a friend named Greg who had recently moved down from Chicago and had never experienced such a f??te, so they invited him over to partake in the festivities. After peeling many, many cayenne-coated crawfish, learning to suck the heads (NO PAUSE NEEDED), and drinking several beers, he excused himself to the bathroom.

Lesson learned.

haaaaaaaah dems the good ole days! once is all it takes!

as far as cray/craw bout everywhere i was in MS it was interchangeable, usally the sloppier the sign/speling the better the bug. my favorite bbq joint on the gulf was a tire re-tread shop with a grill oiut back. "pleasants" if any a y'all are diggin @ the cgar smokin troll spot i gulfport.

aahhhh, the good ole days of eatin swine...