Listening to UGK...

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
at work is so right.

Comments

• That new album seems like it's gonna be hot. I like the single I heard and some of the recent stuff on mixtapes. I know mixtapes never dictate how an album will be, but the force is strong with this one... That Stop n Go track is fire.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I was hooked up with an album sampler last night and it's 100% goodness.

• upload that shit or you're soft! haha.

upload that shit or you're soft! haha.

First I'd lose my job, then Bun B would track me down and whip me to death with his 10 commandments gold chains.

• yeh we have the first single in... its nice.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    upload that shit or you're soft! haha.

First I'd lose my job, then Bun B would track me down and whip me to death with his 10 commandments gold chains.
    and then the rap a lot bootleg squad would have their way with you

With lyrics like:
    I got Bobby by the pound, Whitney by the key, DJ Screw by the gallon, bitch the game belong to me.

How the hell could it be bad?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Has any rap artist made a record as strong as "Game Belong To Me" 15 years into their career?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Has any rap artist made a record as strong as "Game Belong To Me" 15 years into their career?
    i dont think so man.
    pimp c's verse goes so haaaaawd
    i don't really dig stop and go but i aint mad at it

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i wish pimp hadn't switched up his verse on the dirty version. "cali in my swisha, promethezine on my whiskers" had a better ring than "coedine on my whiskers" or whatever.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont think anyone besides pimp c could have gotten away with "they call me mick jagger cos i roll a lot of stones"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i dont think anyone besides pimp c could have gotten away with "they call me mick jagger cos i roll a lot of stones"

not only that, he uses that line TWICE on the album.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

industry insider graemlin?

now if they would only axe the track with talib kweli...

• upload that shit or you're soft! haha.

You did say SAMPLER, right? I didn't think they charged for those... But hey, it's a new day and age.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

industry insider graemlin?

now if they would only axe the track with talib kweli dizzee rascal...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i would rather listen to dizzee rascal than talib kweli although that's not really saying much

• They've been playing some tracks off the upcoming UGK on XM Radio for a little while now and I've been digging it. They've been playing "Next Up" with Big Daddy Kane and Kool G. Rap for a bit and I dig the hell out of that song. I'm definitely gonna be checking this album when it comes out. Still haven't read a release date for it yet though.

• ridin dirty. if you haven't heard it, listen. if you have, listen again

3 o'clock in the morning at 3 o'clock in the morning is a moment to experience

• track with talib kweli...

oh no are you serious?

• ridin dirty. if you haven't heard it, listen. if you have, listen again

choppin blades is my joint with the save a ho melody. gold grills with 8ball and MJG is dope too.

• Is this going to be on Jive?

Didn't they put out a kind of rush-job deal when Pimp C first got out? What was that called? Was it any good?

gold grills with 8ball and MJG is dope too.

So underrated!

[color:orange]
    Open face with them designs
    Maybe a rack on top and bottom with a couple of diamonds to add some shine
    Some n****s got that yella gold
    Some n****s got that white
    Some n****s got that platinum and bling, bling 'em all night
    Schitt, I know this boy with one gold, no ice;
    I know a n***a who got robbed and bought the same teeth twice;
    Mutha*****s with fangs, symbols of gangs or they squad
    Some real and some fraud;
    Spell the name of they broad
    Got boys that praise the Lord
    With open face and they cross
    Some did all thirty-two, and paid a heavy-azz cost
    So, whether you the boss, the runner, or the square
    C'mon down to the South;
    We got gold grills everywhere
    [/b][/color]

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Dude is on some genius shit and his voice is awesome
    Game Belongs to Me is one of the best songs released last year and a classic. These dudes don't sound right without each other.

Is this going to be on Jive?

Didn't they put out a kind of rush-job deal when Pimp C first got out? What was that called? Was it any good?

That was on Rap-a-Lot. The Pimpalation. And, no, it's really not that good. Too many guest appearances and not enough production from the Pimp.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ridin dirty. if you haven't heard it, listen. if you have, listen again

choppin blades is my joint with the save a ho melody. gold grills with 8ball and MJG is dope too.
    MURDERRRRRRR

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Is this going to be on Jive?

That was on Rap-a-Lot. The Pimpalation. And, no, it's really not that good. Too many guest appearances and not enough production from the Pimp.
    knockin doors down was straight

• That Pimp C album was alright, sounded like old material freshened up and thrown together. Biggest downfall - is started out with a song that samples Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ("Now I'm free...").

That Pimp C album was alright, sounded like old material freshened up and thrown together. Biggest downfall - is started out with a song that samples Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers ("Now I'm free...").

Neither member of UGK should be putting out albums that are just alright, though.

This is one of rap's alltime great groups.

• That's true, let's hope they make up for it with the new one.

And while we're on the subject, what did any of you think of Bun's solo? I remember it getting dissed heavily on here but I thought it had a lot of good songs on it.

That's true, let's hope they make up for it with the new one.

And while we're on the subject, what did any of you think of Bun's solo? I remember it getting dissed heavily on here but I thought it had a lot of good songs on it.

Me, too. What I think I said at the time--and still think--is that people were diappointed that it was not his Blueprint or his Fix and allowed that disappointment to prevent them for hearing it for what it was. There was a lot of stuff on there that I liked and I thought it was one of the dozen or so best albums to come out in '05.