DOPE

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
"Dope" is a dope word. I'll never stop saying it. I'm a 32 year old white man. I had UTFO's first album on cassette. Fuck you.I'll also continue using "word". It is awesome. Deal.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dope.

• Neato

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    "Dope" is a dope word. I'll never stop saying it. I'm a 32 year old white man. I had UTFO's first album on cassette. Fuck you.

I'll also continue using "word". It is awesome. Deal.

i am so incredibly with this statement. It was dope of you to say this out loud. And also Fresh.

Word,

Aaron

• dope and word ain't going anywhere in my vocab either, mang. I feel you on the dope, fresh tip.

• I'll add Dude. It is not a gender-specific term. You're an SVP? Cool, you're still "dude" to me.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I use "dope" and "word" all the time, and have for quite a while.
    "Sweet" is another favorite.
    And of course #3 on the phone.
    All classics!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll add Dude. It is not a gender-specific term. You're an SVP? Cool, you're still "dude" to me.

GP...I've lived through 2 full cycles of the word.....I call my daughters Dude.

• genep, i watched some of the crazies footage today; dope doesn't even begin to describe it; mic'ed up coaches talking off the record at the pro bowl...dog, your face woulda melted when your hcoach gave bb his cell number on screen.

it was tres fresh.

(dude isn't going anywhere for me, but that's become more of a lebowski thing; curious when dog will go away.)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Have you ever worked with someone long enough that you start using their words? Some stoner surfer dude at my work would always say "siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick" So I would say it all the time in jest. Caught myself saying it sometimes not in jest...

• Have you ever worked with someone long enough that you start using their words? Some stoner surfer dude at my work would always say "siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick" So I would say it all the time in jest. Caught myself saying it sometimes not in jest...

Dog, that is not a good look.

(as you can see, i do this too. NAGL all over my day.)

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Rad and Gnarly also deserve props.

• tyte

&

phat

and i agree w/ picking up vocab from people u work with or people whom you are around alot.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    BOSS

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Dun let BATMON see this thread...

Uptown - Dope On Plastic

• genep, i watched some of the crazies footage today; dope doesn't even begin to describe it; mic'ed up coaches talking off the record at the pro bowl...dog, your face woulda melted when your hcoach gave bb his cell number on screen.

it was tres fresh.

(dude isn't going anywhere for me, but that's become more of a lebowski thing; curious when dog will go away.)

Man i had to read that 3 times due to one omitted "t". ("What the fuck are the crazies I'm thinking...") Yeah I'm jealous for the candid football takes. Hook up some mpfrees!

I like how the guy in Hustle & Flow used "mang" gender non-specific.

it was tres fresh.

Man i had to read that 3 times due to one omitted "t". ("What the fuck are the crazies I'm thinking...") Yeah I'm jealous for the candid football takes. Hook up some mpfrees!

when i come to austin...sorry for the missing t.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That's really SUPER that you still use DOPE, dude.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    BOSS

Heavy auto mechanic/salesman vibes.

I started using wicked quite a bit in jest, and at one point I just couldn't stop. It's like mom saying "If you keep making that face it's going to stay that way."

I associate WORD! with Wilson from Rehash.

WORD!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Heavy auto mechanic/salesman vibes.

Funny. I say "True" a lot.

it was tres fresh.

when i come to austin...sorry for the missing t.

It's a good riff though....what if you had been watching footage of something called "the crazies" and that's what it was? And then there's the Romero film....

Dude. Your job is dope.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    how bout:

MINT

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i use "dope" sarcastically for the most part, but occasionally i say it seriously.

• Have you ever worked with someone long enough that you start using their words? Some stoner surfer dude at my work would always say "siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick" So I would say it all the time in jest. Caught myself saying it sometimes not in jest...

I've picked this one up from a (now ex) co-worker. Also got "no wukka's" (as in a stupid variation on "no worries") from my ex-boss, same job.

• i say dude like every 5 seconds.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i say dude like every 5 seconds.

dood

• montymonty 420 Posts
    HOT[/b]
    cool

• This thread is

• Dope is Def

Peace
    Hawkeye

• "Dope" is a dope word. I'll never stop saying it. I'm a 32 year old white man. I had UTFO's first album on cassette. Fuck you.

I'll also continue using "word". It is awesome. Deal.

hey, same thing. i am 36 and still use alot of the terms that were coined in those days myself...not all but alot.

i am around alot of young kids due to work and kids still use these phrases today.

sometimes i wonder if i sound absurd using these terms with people today whether they are young or adult, i will admit that the kids who i talk like this around are friends thru music and stuff like that.

keep using those terms/words, they are at home around people like myself & others still.

**edit** - i will admit i am trying to get "dude" and "man" out of my vocabulary, i just dont like how they get added to alot of my sentences somehow. i hear one friend say both of these words all time, so its not like i am the only one who uses them but i still want them out of my vocabulary or i atleast want them to stop starting and ending my sentences.