How did you first find out about soulstrut?

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited June 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)
I first found about Soul Strut in 2003 when fellow digger Indiana Funk said it was a descent site for music info and I should join.5 years later, Indiana Funk is no longer a member and I'm coming up on my 100th post.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Motown67's reviews would always come up
    on google searches ... I read those for
    a long time before even noticing the forum.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I was looking for a record on ebay....like 4 or 5 years ago, and I came across RAj's auctions. Life has not been the same since.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    First time I came across it I downloaded some mixes from the front page and was like "Who are these dudes I've never heard of coming with full 40 minute mixes of Turkish Psych?" It was waaaay too next level for the little dude inside of me.

Then later I was on the Z-Trip forum and I remember meandering over here and seeing that Enki and Ferarri were posting here, and I had heard some of their on-point mixes and was very impressed.

SoulStrut was a very confusing place when I first joined, I think faux_rillz was going on a rampage about something saying "please be serious" every few posts and I didn't understand the culture (or that some dudes here know each other in the real world).

But for real, I've learned a ton from SoulStrut, among all the ridiculousness there is some heavy knowledge dropped here by people who I have a lot of respect and admiration for. Really the first place I really started to understand the nature of the raer.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    craigslist.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    From Elise.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    RubbishVisual Library come up is roughly when I started reading the strut, but not on the daily.

I joined and began posting last year around this time. Jay-Dee brought me here. The one year mark is just around the cornor.

• I just got a Friend Request from some dude in town who had Soulstrut listed in his Top 8. I can't lie, I got a little jealous. Which one of you is Swift Water Rescue?

And oh, I was put on to Soulstrut waaaaay BITD by the OG ChaseCrusher. It don't get no realer than that, hoLmes.

Herm

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    The Crates List

• yeah, it was through the crates list for me as well .. shit, 7 years ago

Chase Crusher was here on the regular back then, and tony triple double was philahobo, driving around the US in his van, gettin gipped on the raers at record fairs by the mythical Anthony Pearson

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was at a massage parlor in Atlanta and some freaky girl named tracy kept upping this site

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    yeah, it was through the crates list for me as well .. shit, 7 years ago

Chase Crusher was here on the regular back then, and tony triple double was philahobo, driving around the US in his van, gettin gipped on the raers at record fairs by the mythical Anthony Pearson

Crates died and someone told me to go here.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I saw some talk about it on wierdrecordsthatsuck.com

• Don't remember how I actually found out about it (I think I initially found about it from a former (?) strutter who shall remain nameless)...I was a lurker from time to time...

cas told me to register and check out the crazy posts and rootlesscosmo told me to start the ketchup and eggs thread.

Y'all are some funny guys.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    It's all a bit fuzzy - I might be off - but I think it might have been through googling Mingering Mike after reading that NYTimes article.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    [email]crates@oblivion.accessus.net[/email]

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    google, 2003

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    either phatdrumloops.com or the crates list. 2000-1 or so.

• josh davis

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    DJ Sheep's photo threads on ozhiphop.com

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i used to check out this site for the ish section... i never even noticed the forum section until 2004!!! then i lurked for a minute before jumping on board.

• soulstrut conducted interview with my bandmate(andy cooper)and i looked online and saw soulstrut and said this place is for me!! peace, stein. . .

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I think my man Secret Chimp hipped to it.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Delay and Asprin said I should leave the newbie diggers at Stonesthrow and join the grown folks at Soulstrut, so I did. It was definitely a quantum leap up in class.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    The Crates List

• The Crates List

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I was seconded to the strut via a private invitation.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Crates List

Gone but not forgotten.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The Crates List

I can't believe anyone even slightly knowledgable about records would stay subscribed to that schitt for more than a week... giving little dudes license to flood your inbox with descriptions of VG- EWF 45s and similar "finds".

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    The Crates List

I can't believe anyone even slightly knowledgable about records would stay subscribed to that schitt for more than a week... giving little dudes license to flood your inbox with descriptions of VG- EWF 45s and similar "finds".

is that an admission?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The Crates List

is that an admission?

That I subscribed to it for about a week circa 2000? Sure.