How did you first find out about soulstrut?

13»

Comments

• My pal Steve was having a get-together for his birthday at Odessa's, while I was deep into my 5th or 6th whiskey on the rocks, I met Raj, who after a while of slurred record nerd talk, told me about his brand new crate digging website or whatever. I put together a mix, sent it in.... and the rest is history.

Soulstrut OG

Dude, that was your birthday party. I'm not surprised you can't remember, though.

Raj and I hosted a funk radio show at Penn State. After I graduated in 99 he asked me to make a mix for a funk/beat digger website he was putting together.

• Day put me up on it like 3-4 years back? I've been lurking ever since.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I first found out about the site through a friend who dl'ed a mix from the front page
    Then i started checking the site for Motown's reviews.
    I discovered the message board while i was posting on the-breaks and a situation arised from a clowning that went down concerning a post about a dude i cant recall his screename, posting about how he got over on a girl for a enoch light record.
    There was a massive board invasion that took place thats when i started to take notice.

• My pal Steve was having a get-together for his birthday at Odessa's, while I was deep into my 5th or 6th whiskey on the rocks, I met Raj, who after a while of slurred record nerd talk, told me about his brand new crate digging website or whatever. I put together a mix, sent it in.... and the rest is history.

Soulstrut OG

Dude, that was your birthday party. I'm not surprised you can't remember, though.

Raj and I hosted a funk radio show at Penn State. After I graduated in 99 he asked me to make a mix for a funk/beat digger website he was putting together.

HAHAHA!!!! That's right... it was for MY birthday... I was so fucked up that night!!!

good times

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i was posting on the-breaks

Quick! Edit your post!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    i was posting on the-breaks

Quick! Edit your post!

I cant do it now can i? seeing that you just quoted me.

• I first stumbled onto the site in 2001 by looking for streaming audio. Peeped the mixes for a while, then discovered the forum just before the Le Toupt incident. After that went down, I was hooked.

Soulstrut has definitely been a major driving force in the evolution of my digging game...the knowledge I gained on this bitch in the first while was amazing.

Never have posted very frequently...but check it at least a couple times a day. Met some cool people offa here...hooked up some nice trades...had more than a couple laughs.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    STONESTHROW MESSAGE BOARD TAKE-OVER

• The Avenger Linked me to some posts he was active in
    then I registered and thats it

• I learned about the site through Soulman's email blast... he was referencing some argument about Shadow, race, and funk 45s... my cup of tea.

That was around 2002.

WE'VE COME SO FAR!!!!