LPs that Stay on Rotation???

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

A new layer unfolds with each listening...

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts

• yes.

and...

• and...

And (this is what I tried to post earlier but the pic went dead):

Not that Horcae Silver is slept on in any way, but I'd say this album might be the most underrated one he has. SFMF is an all-time classic jazz album, this one is a bit more elusive to the average jazz listener. I love them both.

•   

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

agreed

others that are on constant rotation:

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

::incredibly little dude alert::

I have never heard this album

• One of my all time favorites. I also gotta put in a strong vote for this shit...

And this...

The greatest records are the ones that never get played out no matter how many times you put them on the platter.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• as for me

This record is so so good....I can't get enough of it. Boca do Sol blows me away everytime I hear it.....

• f'real

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    what this album above all about???

• Probably the nearest thing to perfection that I can think of off the top of my head.

If one could just get rid of "Pretty Woman"...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    In addition to a lot of what's already been posted

Ghostface records
    De La Soul records
    Stooges records
    Nina Simone records
    Horace Andy records

• Wow can't believe I didn't post these, I listen to these albums more than almost anything. Except that Cape Verdean Blues, that is. That Curtis is my favorite live recording ever, of all genres. You can feel the atmosphere of the show through the music. Err, at least I can.

That reminds me of another classic live recording in a similar vein that will never get old:

• boast1boast1 142 Posts

That reminds me of another classic live recording in a similar vein that will never get old:

i was gonna post the same thing. "i can't write left handed" gets me everytime.

• ::incredibly little dude alert::

I have never heard this album

man guz, I am gonna try and dig up a non raer pressing in the garage at the shop and send it to ya...just make sure you are nice and blunted when you get to the last track...my absolute favorite Beatles LP.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• steady over the last year...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Hey Raj,

I ride for the Ahmad Jamal and Toots LPs, while I am unfamiliar with the other three joints.  What do they sound like?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Hey Raj,

I am unfamiliar with the other three joints.  What do they sound like?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

All 3 of those have an ambient-like relaxing vibe to them.  

• GivemesoulGivemesoul 146 Posts
    Well for me it 's-Temptin Temptations..Winelight-Grover Washington Jr..Let The Boogie Woogie Roll-The Drifters..Never Ending Impressions..The Moments Greatest Hits..Dave Brubeck's Greatest Hits.