Too Grown for Scion-Hop (Reynaldo Related)

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
"I'm slowly selling off all of my hip hop records; see the action here"One of the faith's final defenders has fallen; who among us will represent that real schitt now?

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's true; this sell-off is, more than anything else, symbolic of my desire to distance myself from the scion-hop/hip-hop sub-culture as a whole.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    can you sell me the non-Scion hip hop?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I can see getting rid of your Deltron 3030 records, but why would you dump classics?

• It's true; this sell-off is, more than anything else, symbolic of my desire to distance myself from the scion-hop/hip-hop sub-culture as a whole.

Begs the question: are you back to your latin roots yet??

who among us will represent that real schitt now?
    Judging by the messages I'm getting asking about my bulk shipping rates ("How much to send 20 records to Poland?"), I'm guessing it will be Euro dudes who will take the weight.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It's true; this sell-off is, more than anything else, symbolic of my desire to distance myself from the scion-hop/hip-hop sub-culture as a whole.

Begs the question: are you back to your latin roots yet??

Judging by the messages I'm getting asking about my bulk shipping rates ("How much to send 20 records to Poland?"), I'm guessing it will be Euro dudes who will take the weight.

It is true; one has long had to look to Eastern Europe in order to find a little dude to represent that real schitt (i.e., proclaiming, "You Americans have betrayed the culture of the four elements!") in any online debate.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

ill probobly get some stuff off you. some of the joints that never leave the crate are getting seriously beat and I need fresh copies. Might as well help another strutter out and give you the sale instead of someone else.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

It is true; one has long had to look to Eastern Europe in order to find a little dude to represent that real schitt (i.e., proclaiming, "You Americans have betrayed the culture of the four elements!") in any online debate.

I almost got into a fistfight with a DJ who was sharing the bill with me in Berlin this October. He accused me of not knowing/believing in the "real schitt" and called me a faker.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

I almost got into a fistfight with a DJ who was sharing the bill with me in Berlin this October. He accused me of not knowing/believing in the "real schitt" and called me a faker.

more info please.... give up the goods

what prompted this?

how did it end?

Haha... did he actually use that word?

I have occasionally noticed our European contributors accusing people of "faking" or "pretending" to be into hip-hop.

In the U.S. at this point, rap is so pervasive that it's hard to wrap your head around that idea. "Pretending" to be into rap would be like, I don't know, "pretending" to wear boxers.

• all you have to do to earn the respect of a European DJ...wether it be hip hop, soul, funk is to sell them a $2 record for $500..then they will think you are on to "real" shit....The attiudes of most euro/british DJs is pathetic..."oh, youre from America, you dont appreciate this music like I do" fuck 'em.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    All I know that Denmark is WAY realer than Sweden. Last time I was in a hiphop club in Copenhagen, I heard, on average, 20 Premier-productions per hour. All of them pre-2000, of course.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I have occasionally noticed our European contributors accusing people of "faking" or "pretending" to be into hip-hop.

In the U.S. at this point, rap is so pervasive that it's hard to wrap your head around that idea. "Pretending" to be into rap would be like, I don't know, "pretending" to wear boxers.

Haha no he didn't use those words and I forget how it all went down, cause I was drunk, but dude was on some aggresion shit. No blows were thrown but it did get heated, and dude was huge.

• who among us will represent that real schitt now?

Haha no he didn't use those words and I forget how it all went down, cause I was drunk, but dude was on some aggresion shit. No blows were thrown but it did get heated, and dude was huge.

that's when you give dude the gas face and just say

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i remember when you bought blue mode on ebay for 120+
    funny how and where tings wind up

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    My prediction: 2 more years and we'll see Naldo selling his latin terds and going after Deutsche Grammophon big tulips OGs. Will the Real Heads forum be ready for Debussy?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Nah C*sm*, you got fooled by his accent, he called you the hip hop fakir:

i remember when you bought blue mode on ebay for 120+
    funny how and where tings wind up
    103, actually--in shrink.

• who among us will represent that real schitt now?

ha ha...while in copenhagen i basically experienced the same shit, just trying to keep the crowd happy dropping 80s/ 90s classics...while amir played funk that basically cleared the room.
    dude was like "your not digging" ,meanwhile homeboy played armand van helden/ av8 boots !?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

You sound like you need the money.

• It's true; this sell-off is, more than anything else, symbolic of my desire to distance myself from the scion-hop/hip-hop sub-culture as a whole.

Very hip-hop.

I want the money, to be sure. My current monetary needs, however, are met by my existing stipend.

• stipend

Allowance

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    <s>stipend</s>

Allowance

super sonned!

lol

stipend

Allowance

super sonned!

lol

Paycheck is knocking the hustle and should not be encouraged.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

No blows were thrown but it did get heated, and dude was huge.

• stipend

Allowance

super sonned!

lol

Is there a list of hustles that can, or cannot, be knocked?

stipend

Allowance

super sonned!

lol

Is there a list of hustles that can, or cannot, be knocked?

You sound like someone who thinks one's parents should be exempt from the hustle.

I know who Reynaldo won't be sharing the Baileys pilfered from his parents' liquor cabinet with.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    be sharing the Baileys pilfered from his parents' liquor cabinet with.