Weekday Finds

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Bulk discount? No way. Need any Prysocks?

• you're talking about "Priced To Sell", produced by Axelrod.
    aha ok, what does it sound like?
    it cant sound like the other axelrod stuff?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    you're talking about "Priced To Sell", produced by Axelrod.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=222

There's also Superfunk by Funk Inc. that had Axelrod production.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1309

I prefer their earlier material.

• first record store visit in a few weeks, didn't find much.

a booker t and the mg's mo' onions/tictactoe 45, and a de la soul breakadawn/enfocus 45 (on the collectibles reissue label? odd).

that's it. plus a trick daddy single. i really need to go dig somewhere else.

• you're talking about "Priced To Sell", produced by Axelrod.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=222

There's also Superfunk by Funk Inc. that had Axelrod production.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1309

I prefer their earlier material.

Totally forgot that Superfunk is an Axelrod production. That is my favorite Funk Inc for sure.

To answer the previous question, all the records still sound like Funk Inc... not like Songs Of Experience or whatever.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    i really need to go dig somewhere else.

Go to Black and Read. Or hit Jerry's basement. Or make it to the "warehouse of gold" in Greeley *laughs hysterically.

• I do need to go hit up Jerry, it's been a hot minute. I did go to black and read recently, dug for 2.5 hours, bought 2 records.

warehouse of gold, lol, did you ever go to that place called "the finest" or whatever? I think they have one in greeley, and they have one in ft. collins as well. they have a "rare room" that is only open 10-4 like 3 days a week. come to find out it's full of your favorite elvis and beatles raers haha. hot garbage!

those towns smell too much like cow shit, i can't go there very often.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    warehouse of gold, lol, did you ever go to that place called "the finest" or whatever? I think they have one in greeley, and they have one in ft. collins as well. they have a "rare room" that is only open 10-4 like 3 days a week. come to find out it's full of your favorite elvis and beatles raers haha. hot garbage!

those towns smell too much like cow shit, i can't go there very often.

Ah, it didn't smell bad at Greeley. The warehouse was not open when I went, the store was fucking awful. I panned the store in the recordstorereview website, they suck. I did get a good sandwich next door while I was there though.

I found with Jerry, the more money you pull out of your wallet, the friendlier he got. It was an interesting line graph I could've drawn.

• That Brenton Wood record is THEE SHIT for reasons having naught to do with "Psychotic Reaction". Check the title track, "Gimme Little Sign", "I'm The One Who Knows", and "Best Thing I Ever Had" for sweet Losangelino lowrider garage-soul.

I hit an out of the way thrift and found these:

I thought it would be near imposible to find that LP by Liza in the states since it's a Danish record.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

I thought it would be near imposible to find that LP by Liza in the states since it's a Danish record.

ha...i was thinking the same thing when i saw that pic!!
    plus theres a beat on that lp too...

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    you should see the haul of psych records I got from the goodwill last year.

boscoe?

• I thought it would be near imposible to find that LP by Liza in the states since it's a Danish record.

ha...i was thinking the same thing when i saw that pic!!
    plus theres a beat on that lp too...

Pretty nice beat IMO. it's used by scratchmagic in mix along side bennys badekar, shubidua etc.

• danish heads, how muc would the Bennys Badekar 45 be ?

• danish heads, how muc would the Bennys Badekar 45 be ?
    ancopy

Price can be a bit unsteady for this from my expirience. I'd rate it at a little over $100 but it can go up to 200.

• I paid a visit to my Nigerian connection today and came away with some nice stuff at fair prices. Most of these were in nice playable condition too.

The bottom two in this pic I actually found in Santa Cruz the other day.

Tony Seymour is surprisingly good Island soul from the mid-60's. The Gary & Rich Brothers is a pretty interesting xian folk album with a few Bob Dylan covers that I bought for 10 cents this morning. The Jamal Akbar is from Pakistan and features some beautiful vibraphone work.

• wow, that Akbar looks fresh.

Nice Felas, too.

• Werd. I'm listening to the One World album right now and it's fire. My friend said this group, Blo and Ofo used to be his shit when he was a kid.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow, that Akbar looks fresh.

if you ever rip it let heads know and if you are tempted to sell contact yours truly

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's the weekend....but found this today...

• Real nice store walk in today. Two Steve Reid LP's (one sealed), a bunch of Japanese Blue Notes from the 70's, Roy Ayers, Gil Scott Heron, etc. All mint or close. Bought about 100 records. Keeping three:

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    An OG copy of that Tony Williams is one of the best birthday presents my ex-wife ever gave me. Great LP.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Sure the hell beats my Saturday afternoon in the rain. I walked into a small shop for the first time, only to watch in horror as 2 Japanese buyers were pillaging the store. I mean, there was NOTHING left. I obligingly bought 2 things and left.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Sure the hell beats my Saturday afternoon in the rain. I walked into a small shop for the first time, only to watch in horror as 2 Japanese buyers were pillaging the store. I mean, there was NOTHING left. I obligingly bought 2 things and left.

sounds like Masayuki and Toshi beat you to it!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

sounds like Masayuki and Toshi beat you to it!

hmmm, I don't know who you're talking about, but I didn't like them! haha.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

tell me this wasn't at the E*l**s shop?!

here's OKC (with a couple E*l**s thrown in)

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

PM sent.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

PM sent.

It's in such bad condition I'm just gonna keep it.....my 45 collection consists of really rare records in really bad shape.

C - Found it at "Garage Sale City" just outside of Justin on the way to Cleburne.....$0.25

Looks like OKC was OK??

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Looks like OKC was OK??

M Market got a couple thousand LPs in but they were mostly shite - except for that Quintessence that I grabbed.. (I think I'm actually gonna keep this copy ) that has to be the 8th or 9th copy to turn up there.

But then we went to that new record store/sports betting pizza shop and did quite well. (Rerog hipped us to the spot. I'll PM you the details). But anyhow, for whatever reason that place had a bunch of $1 "hiphop digger" records like Lyn Christopher, Power of Zues, Sapo as well as some good but not necessarily rare soul/jazz LPs. Not too shabby of a trip overall.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    two cheap 45s:

and a few cheap LPs:
    Don Cherry- Hear & Now
    John Coltrane- Interstellar Space
    Nolan Strong & The Diablos- Fortune of Hits
    John Fahey- The New Possibility: John Fahey's Christmas Album
    Jewel feat. Dianne- Because It's You/In Search of Love 12" (Devastating)