Secret Spots (DR)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited June 2005 in Record Collecting
Sayin. Who's got a secret spot.Ain't they great?Who's got multiple secret spots?That would be nice.I was gonna say "rep your secret spot", but who the hell wants people to see their secret spots.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I got a secret spt down here that provided me and a few other cats on here with some amazing stuff over the years. On occasion a soulstrut homie will come through and I'll ask "Hey y'all wanna hit up my secret spot"?

no one has said no yet

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

caught a few underground pieces here. the lights were too dim though!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    We just like to think that they are secrets.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    hahaha. yup, you're right Hcrink.

hahaha. yup, you're right Hcrink.

Believe me, I'd like to be wrong! But, experiences have proven otherwise.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    We just like to think that they are secrets.
    Oh of course. It's not like anyone has a record shop (or anything else) that NO ONE knows about. What happens in reality though is the haeds either aren't up on it because it's out of their area, or they are under the assumption that its not worth checking or its been picked over.

Long live the back room!

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    bagatelle records
    260 atlantic ave.
    long beach. ca

bagatelle records
    260 atlantic ave.
    long beach. ca

I think all of Soulstrut could dig throught that place & there would still be worthwhile records left.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    bagatelle records
    260 atlantic ave.
    long beach. ca

I think all of Soulstrut could dig throught that place & there would still be worthwhile records left.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    bagatelle records
    260 atlantic ave.
    long beach. ca

...and true

crink, that's why i aint keeping it secret. last time i went last week shadow and cut chemist was in there and i still left with 50 records.
    peace, stein. . . .

crink, that's why i aint keeping it secret. last time i went last week shadow and cut chemist was in there and i still left with 50 records.
    peace, stein. . . .
    dudes the chilest shop owner in so. cal... cant stress how much dudes done for me over the years w/ some solid muzic...

no doubt. steve mintz is the illest digger i know. 9 hours a day for the past 25 years.

co-
    cross paths a few times a week, def a solid dude...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Long live the back room!

Word. It's all about how the regular spots become "secret" spots once you get in cool with the owner/staff, and get to see records before they hit the floor. One spot, I've basically been "working" for them, cause I pull out like 10 unpriced back room records when I go, dude prices 'em, and the ones I don't want/can't afford, he puts on the wall (for around 20 percent more than he offers them to me for), now when I go in there and look at the wall, I'm like, "damn, I pulled that shit for him" It all evens out, though, cause I get dope records most people don't even get a shot at...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    YO MAYNE I MAKE SECRET SPOTS I DON'T HAFETA FIND THEM YA HEARD

SAYING

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Long live the back room!

Word. It's all about how the regular spots become "secret" spots once you get in cool with the owner/staff, and get to see records before they hit the floor. One spot, I've basically been "working" for them, cause I pull out like 10 unpriced back room records when I go, dude prices 'em, and the ones I don't want/can't afford, he puts on the wall (for around 20 percent more than he offers them to me for), now when I go in there and look at the wall, I'm like, "damn, I pulled that shit for him" It all evens out, though, cause I get dope records most people don't even get a shot at...

EXACTLY!

I got a few spots where I get to see the stock first on the regular. I got some places where the dude lets me look at collections he's about to buy while the people are still there! And yeah, pricesa are always lower for me because I help them out with bits and peices here and there, like helping the move stuff or giving them advice on stuff when they ask (RR).

But yeah, back room access DEFINITELY turns average spots into a whole different game. One crappy spot around my haunt had a back room that scored me the big marcia Hines single - traded that shit for Lee gagnon - Jeremie LP within a week. Not bad for $3 spent.

Almost every time i first get access to a back room, i walk away with crazy heat.

Oh, and that pic is awesome MyLatency.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    who's got those new york secret spots cause I dont. Ill trade for some santa barbara secert spots. really.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

cool tatoo, looks like the one on this female i used to give the time to.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    bagatelle records
    260 atlantic ave.
    long beach. ca

...and true

I take a day in there once in a while. Always some very cool wax to be had.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    bagatelle records
    260 atlantic ave.
    long beach. ca

...and true

for real. thats a dope little spot. worth the drive.

record recycler is also nice

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Yo!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    bagatelle records
    260 atlantic ave.
    long beach. ca

i found some joints in those 2 rooms!!! nice spot

• Co-Sign on BAGATELLE...I remember leaving there last time with nice little handful of Young Sentators 45's!

Yeah bagatelle's great and all, but what about those New York spots? Im new in town and my biggest secret is the "house of rares."

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Yeah bagatelle's great and all, but what about those New York spots? Im new in town and my biggest secret is the "house of rares."

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    there was a nice secret spot around here, johnsbargains (i think noz knew of this place too).. unfortunately they just closed out of nowhere one day. i was in there on a saturday, came back the following wednesday and the place was completely empty.

found some nice rap 12"s there .. (2 copies of bq in full effect sealed for a buck each)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

found some nice rap 12"s there .. (2 copies of bq in full effect sealed for a buck each)

yes. rather nice i'd say
    (puffs on pipe and reclines in easy chair)

• What about spots for the UK heads?

I've not got any "exclusives" to divulge (though I wish I did), but gotta give a shout to King Bee Records and Pop Art Records in Manchester though. The former spot for it's consistancy and the latter for the original Copeland Davis LP for ??3.