Secret Spots (DR)

2»

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    there was a nice secret spot around here, johnsbargains (i think noz knew of this place too).. unfortunately they just closed out of nowhere one day. i was in there on a saturday, came back the following wednesday and the place was completely empty.

found some nice rap 12"s there .. (2 copies of bq in full effect sealed for a buck each)

john's bargs was the fuckin spot! i used leave there with arms full of 12"s and come back the next month and shit would be totally restocked. off the top of my head i got marlena spice of life, that ador promo lp that goes for cake, vicariously bq in full effect (thanks again homie), uhh... a lot of other shit i can't remember.

plus i scored hundreds of rap tapes at 10/$1 and a method man/erick sermon dat.

• this is my "secret spot" i guess you could say. although i wouldn't be surprised if someone on here has been to it. i only get to hit it about once or twice a year when i visit my folks.

theres 6 rows just like this, and TONS of 45s.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this is my "secret spot" i guess you could say. although i wouldn't be surprised if someone on here has been to it. i only get to hit it about once or twice a year when i visit my folks.

theres 6 rows just like this, and TONS of 45s.

GIVE UP THE GOODS HOMIE!!!

Is that the "Kim" spot?

• its not in texas, requires either a plane ticket or a 6 to 7 hour car ride.
    road trip?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    when you going next? I'm down...

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    [color:red]Viking Lounge & Liquor Store[/color]

1501 N 5TH St

Superior, WI 54880-1166

(715) 392-3994

Definition of convenience. Booze and (hopefully not lounge) records in one spot.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    1501 N 5TH St
    Superior, WI 54880-1166
    (715) 392-3994

Definition of convenience. Booze and (hopefully not lounge) records in one spot.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    The owner is a collector who knows his prices, unfortunately. Nevertheless, few people know about it since he keeps the hot wax next to the Popov in The_Backroom.

Wisconsin knows the deal.

• you dont think you would be uncomfortable with a blindfold on that long???

haha, just kidding.

i'm going this summer sometime, just need to figure out when. might need to rent a car if i end up driving, my truck might not be up to the task.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The owner is a collector who knows his prices, unfortunately. Nevertheless, few people know about it since he keeps the hot wax next to the Popov in The_Backroom.

Wisconsin knows the deal.

Will he take records for credit which can then be used for beer? If so, I'm moving!

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

cool tatoo, looks like the one on this female i used to give the time to.

a girl with a tattoo over her butt? gee that's original no ones ever done that before.

bagatelle is the dopest store but unfortunatly it has bank hours and the owner is only there on specific days so if you don't live near it (which I didn't) and show up you got to do some driving just to get some decent records. they only price when the owner is there.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Probably, Jeff. Wisconsin knows how to drink.

My hometown Madison has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the United States.
    La Crosse has the Guinness World Record for most bars per capita in the world.
    Milwaukee has the most breweries per capita.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

La Crosse has the Guinness World Record for most bars per capita in the world.

you sure about that???

i now my old hometown of Halifax Nova Scotia had the title to most bars per capita in north america until they expanded the city limits and we lost the title to Tijuana.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    My source says "In the Guinness Book of World Records." Probably from yesteryear.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    1501 N 5TH St
    Superior, WI 54880-1166
    (715) 392-3994