Movies that are so bad they're good!!!

Comments

• Plus, you know, Ralphus.

• chasechase 767 Posts

I love this movie!

• Yeah, Bloodsucking Freaks is hardcore. A Joe Bob Briggs favorite.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I remember one called "The Stuff" that starred Garrett Morris and was about highly addictive ice cream from outer space that took over it's eaters brains....so bad it was good.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

These were so bad they were kinda good...

• actually this movie isn't great, it's pretty distrubing but fits into the theme of movies being posted

• p.o.w. deathcamp

woots, where you at?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I forgot to mention Infested! (aka Ticks 2). In a nutshell: Growth-stimulating chemicals pot growers in the Pacific northwest use to increase their crops seep into the groundwater, mutating ticks to become the size of a dog (and, evidently, with the roar of a lion--neato!). Said ticks go on a killing spree on some outward-bound mofos, including gangsta-ass Alfonso Ribeiro and possibly-psychic Seth Green. Also starring: Clint Howard, Peter Scolari, and Seth Green's haircut.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

Demolition Man
    That's insane crazy speak. That film is good good.

Will second Dolph Lundgren's Dark Ange and I'll add the epic gang/dance-flick Knights of the City.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The king

now i just saw this exists

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    RUTGER HAUER!!!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Honey

You Got Served

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The 3 Ninjas serie is pretty spot-on as well.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

(The one on the right isn't too bad, although it's standard 'Vietnam Vets coming home and kicking ass' type of fare. It even stars Marvin Gaye!)

(70s spy-fi made-for-TV movie that never went to series with Bette Davis)

Quaint movie about intelligent, killer ants in the Arizona desert. Stomu Yamashita did the new agey, synth heavy soundtrack.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Demolition Man
    That's insane crazy speak. That film is good good.

Well I was about 14 the last time I saw it, but I just remember the social commentary being really hamfisted and the action sorta lame. I take it was supposed to be intentional self-parody?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

I found it pretty enjoyable as a quirky, sorta witty b-movie, but it's definitely the most self-aware and *wink wink* out of the entire series. (Think Scream/Jason X.) You can't really enjoy it on some ironic "man, the director/writer/actors/camera crew/etc. really had a vision here and were just way too inept to make it happen" level, because the makers knew exactly what they're doing.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this is a classic and is in no way a 'bad' movie.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    this is a classic and is in no way a 'bad' movie.

Seriously. Being a cult or b-movie is not the same as being a "so bad it's good" flick.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    We've got an annual movie night here with nothing but trailers from the world's worst movies ever made - these were some of the past highlights (NSFPCSTRUT)

Other highlights which I couldnt find any material of include a korean godzilla / jaws ripoff where a dude in a godzilla suit is standing in a pond flailing a dead shark about and the world's worst trailer (just a voiceover and the title (Je brule de partout) flying on screen in various ways)

Thankfully they had to cut a thai sex-change documentary because some dude fainted at the theater

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    no I didnt know that...
    bad news indeed

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I'm a short .... fat ..... slut

• whenever i see the scientologists in times square i think of this movie and start giggling.

• There is nothing bad about this movie.

My vote is for the whole teen romantic comedy genre. I love these shits.

The best of them is surely this one:

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts