INCENSE: what's wrong with people?

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
What does make people think that burning these is cool? I want respect, I don't want to be part of your new age delirium. We have the secretary of the CEO intoxicating the whole floor with her shit. FUCK INCENSE. Let's hate on incense, please.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    And tangentially: patchouli oil.

Yo, don't even THINK of trying to cover up your body odor with a healthy swath of this rancid hippie aphrodesiac.

>>YECHHH!!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I don't want to be part of your new age delirium.

So does this mean you've sold your Andreas Wollenweider collection?

• Let's hate on incense, please.

I burn this, but only at home.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I don't want to be part of your new age delirium.

So does this mean you've sold your Andreas Wollenweider collection?

I'd like to think of Andreas as spiritual jazz. Andreas Wollenwider > Alice Coltrane.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Let's hate on incense, please.

I burn this, but only at home and in my car.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

DEAL

LOL

• Let's hate on incense, please.

• When I worked at Whole Foods in Philly there was this witch doctor dude who would carry around burning incense sticks with him. He wore these really ornate African robes. Before he would come into the store he would sit in his car blasting some crazy drum music and chanting. He would do this for 20 minutes. The off duty cop who worked security at the store one day asked him why he did it and he said it was, "to chase away the evil spirits that evil white devils like you bring here." Dude was a trip but his incense smelled like butt and he used this essential oil crap that made everything he touched smell like butt.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I showed this hippie dude if your pour a little hippie oil on a lit light bulb it fills the room with the scent really fast. He told me to take it easy with it like i was wasting his liquid gold. Maybe it was because I was dumping out his hippie whore lure. Geez $5 can get you a gallon of patchouli. (sidenote: I used to burn incense but graduated to candles...sayin)

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Sometimes I'm glad I don't have a sense of smell

• I used to burn incense but graduated to candles...sayin

Do you use Calgon or Mr. Bubble?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    And tangentially: patchouli oil.

Yo, don't even THINK of trying to cover up your body odor with a healthy swath of this rancid hippie aphrodesiac.

>>YECHHH!!

I used to burn incense but graduated to candles...sayin

Do you use Calgon or Mr. Bubble?

soap and yankee candles

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'd like to think of Andreas as spiritual jazz. Andreas Wollenwider > Alice Coltrane.

Hahahaaaaa, you just made me spit yogi tea all over the screen.

Wow, Phil Spector plays the harp?

I will now proceed to burn a stick of Gardenia incense in every window sill of our apartment, put on Alice Stravinsky raer and wait for my girlfriend to come home. Atmic energies will be stirred tonight.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I fucking hate incense. I had an old roommate who fell asleep burning a big thing of sage. Fucking house reeked for days.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I had an old roommate who fell asleep burning a big thing of sage.

Ouch, that sucks. Sage fucking reeks.

• we got this one dude who comes into the shop, and he has the most unatural, ridiculously bad smell about him...it turns the stomach...he smells like rotten ham. He must have something wrong with him, because it isnt like BO of someone who hasnt showered in a week or anything like that...I mean this shit is unnatural and we HAVE to burn incense when dude leaves...his smell permeates the whole store. So, no I dont hate on incense...it is the only thing that get rid of that dude's smell. Luckily, he is all about the 25 cent 45s OUTSIDE in our porch sale as of late.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

it's suppose to cleanse the evil spirits out...i think it works! hahaha!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    graduated to candles

Or a simple Rosemary Plant.

I'm done w/ the smoke & ash film it leaves.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i used to burn alot of nag champa back in college. They say to use it to mediate and concentrate with because it just brings one smell to the room so its not to distract your sense of smell while trying to relax. In meditaion you want to keep all your senses at the same point. Like dim the lights, put on some new age nature sound type shit and burn incense while wearing real comfortable clothing. This allows use to really loose yourself in thought because you are not being distracted by new stimulations or changes in eviroment.

Patcholi(sp?) is fucking disgusting. I used to roll with a lot of hippies back in college and you smelled it everywhere. It was like shwilly cologne for these dudes. I used to get bags of weed that had that shit all over the buds. I got pissed at dude and told him to wash his hands before bagging my shit.

• Patachouli smells LASTS...ugggh...there is a record on enterpirse called that(forget the artist) from 1971...they have a copy at a spot here in town, and its gimmick is that the jacket smells like that stuff...AND IT STILL DOES...the fuckin record is 36 years old and IT STILL REEKS OF THAT STUFF!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

it's suppose to cleanse the evil spirits out...i think it works! hahaha!

it sure gets the evil spirits out of a pork loin.

B/W

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

The whole thing about Sage getting rid of other odors is the biggest bullshit ever, it just overwhelms the room with it's own shit smell.

and what about air fresheners in public bathrooms...ass and air freshener just makes it worse!

• Its alright, I only like the Nag Champa (sp?) and cedarwood kind.

and what about air fresheners in public bathrooms...ass and air freshener just makes it worse!

Mountain Fresh Doo-Doo

• and what about air fresheners in public bathrooms...ass and air freshener just makes it worse!

The one where I work smells like bubble gum.

Its alright, I only like the Nag Champa (sp?) and cedarwood kind.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Let's hate on incense, please.

I burn this, but only at home.
    I made fish the other night and hadthe genius idea of throwingout the trash that containedthe scraps in the morning. Got up next morning, went to work,and came home to some thick nasty funk. The only thing that saved me was the champa. Same thing happened when something died in the ac vents of my ride. And same savior in India when the toilet in your room has no flushing mechanism.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    let's not forget the art involved in incense stick holders