Producer Strut : round 2

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im down time/motivation permitting

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i agree with Bapt who dont agree on everything...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    BEATS BEATS BEATS BEATS!!!

can i just post some shit, f*ck i cant work with mp3s or downloads.....

these battles are cool though so id like to contribute

• i'll have a bang at it..... providing we're not sampling from some late 70's soul joint like last time... i cant get down with that.

i cant get down with that

The thing is, if you can't get down with the sample provided, then don't do the boogaloo partner. That's how it is....When RAJ or i-dont-remember-who posted the Herb Alpert, nobody wanted to flip it, but that's the challenge. I don't see no point on "agreeing" on one sample. We will NEVER agree anyway, for one reason or another. And you know it!!lol
    Let's just accept the choice as a part of Fate & Destiny. If you can't hang, then just enjoy the submited tracks...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Less yapping, more beatsmithing.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    BOSCOE!! BOSCOE!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    BOSCOE!! BOSCOE!!

Aaahahah!!!!!!!

Why not.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    mo fuckas hatin on my sample picking skills from the last battle.

Whens the deadline on this? Ive been ripping apart the studio the last few days so its gonna be a few days before i can get into it.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    i'm in. i never participated in the beat off.

- spidey

• Ok, I don't agree with everything but lets continue the debate.

my vote is for sick samples that sound good. I understand the urge to make it more dificult with wack sounds, but if you've got skills, then you could still flip a nice sample in a totally new way. that's just me though. personally, I'd be more than happy to work with the Young-Holt & Wansel tracks already posted. So much niceness...

Can we do this this weekend? Let's make it happen.

• here is my contribution:

the point of this contest is NOT to argue about the chosen sample...its about asubscribing. Binary problem even : down or not. The choice of the sample belong to Bapt, and like any other previous contest, we gotta bow down to what he decides to choose. Soulstrut is not a democracy, it' a dictatorship!!

• BUT please do not choose some "nice" samples...what i mean is raise up the interest of this little contest by challenging our skills and use a sample we wouldn't work on a daily basis.
    So... like Celine Dion or something right?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Hey Bapt (and all),

I'd jump in the fray if I didn't have to go out of town on Saturday. If it's still going on next week, I'll put a lil' sumptin' together.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

1. Mr Big Stacks, is it ok for you if we start today and close the battle on Tuesday?

2. Otherwise, we can start this ish on Monday and everyone will have to upload a beat before Thursday (included).

If we start today, we use the Young Holt track or here are more tracks we could use for the contest :
    (I'll upload them in a minute)

?????The Montclairs "A Horse With Wings"
    ?????Jerry Washington "Baby Don't Do It to Me"
    ?????Unknown "Look Wot You Dun" (Slade reprise)
    ?????The Winners "Music" [from the LP]
    ??? Jerry Butler (Melinda OST) "Tank's Theme"
    ?????The O'Jays "Don't Call Me Brother"
    ??? Clarence Carter "Jennings Alley"

Also I'd love to use "Around the World" by Mechanical Servant and some other Punk-Post-punk songs but I think most of y'all will be scared...Aahh!! LOL

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

?????The Montclairs "A Horse With Wings"
    ?????Jerry Washington "Baby Don't Do It to Me"
    ?????Unknown "Look Wot You Dun" (Slade reprise)
    ?????The Winners "Music" [from the LP]
    ??? Jerry Butler (Melinda OST) "Tank's Theme"
    ?????The O'Jays "Don't Call Me Brother"
    ??? Clarence Carter "Jennings Alley"

?????Mechanical Servant "Around the World"

http://rapidshare.com/files/10518255/prod_strut_07.zip.html

What do you prefer?

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    just use all and the tracks you posted before

• the point of this contest is NOT to argue about the chosen sample...its about asubscribing. Binary problem even : down or not. The choice of the sample belong to Bapt, and like any other previous contest, we gotta bow down to what he decides to choose. Soulstrut is not a democracy, it' a dictatorship!!

Okay. I'm game. Bapt, lead the way. You tell us what to use and when it's due. Post-punk if you want.

• the point of this contest is NOT to argue about the chosen sample...its about asubscribing. Binary problem even : down or not. The choice of the sample belong to Bapt, and like any other previous contest, we gotta bow down to what he decides to choose. Soulstrut is not a democracy, it' a dictatorship!!

Okay. I'm game. Bapt, lead the way. You tell us what to use and when it's due. Post-punk if you want.

see, that works better when we all agree on agreeing. It's a matter of will.
    Now Bapt, what's the deal...I've peeped the tracks but they're all good to go. I don't mind...it's YOUR world this time. Peep one and we take a decision about the end of the contest. Tuesday is ok for me.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I'm uploading the .wav

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I'm uploading the .wav

Oops, now uploading

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

- LINK -

Ok, we go now with the "WINNERS - MUSIC".

The contest ends Wednesday @ 9 PM EST.

• here is my real contribution

• Here my official entry:

LISTEN HERE!

ARTIST: E'S E aka EASY aka BUTTERY BISCUITS
    SONG TITLE: Music (Gimme)
    BPM: 118 (Fast & Funky)
    EQUIP: Live 5 DSP Quattro MPC 2000 Tascam M312 Multivox Analog Echo
    DRUMS: Godfather & Various Percussion Samples

Let me know what's up, let's hear these other joints!!!

that's what i'm talking about...wonderful James Brown dedication. The bassline fit sow well with the drums. Props. I listened to it 15 times already. Can be added to any "lounge" comp if you ask me. That kind of shit is what i call "bar music" : nice to hear when you sip your guinesses. Here's my gift to you :

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Aah! "Bar Music" that is exactly what I was thinking about.
    The bass makes everything though.

Nice one.

Oooh I'm scared...

im scared...im gonna be late...tuesday is coming fast. DAMN.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    im scared...im gonna be late...tuesday is coming fast. DAMN.

ONE DAY MORE!

• The bass makes everything though.

yep. fun sample. lots of different directions you can take it...curious what the rest of the massive dials up tho....?!