Producer Strut : round 2

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

im scared...im gonna be late...tuesday is coming fast. DAMN.
    ONE DAY MORE!

Nah! I was kidding.

The contest ends Wednesday @ 9 PM EST

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

lots of different directions you can take it...curious what the rest of the massive dials up tho....?!

I don't have a fucking idea of what I'll get tomorrow.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i've just finished it...God gave me the power to chop that bitch up fast and furious mode. i'll post it tomorrow because i want to add some soul vocals (not chipmunked soul vocals but the real schit).

• come with it, i'm dying here with the lone track. where's my competition?

im backing it up and i post it on my server...

• Shit I fell off from checking this thread. I will try and get something going tonight. It will probably sound rushed but oh well. I'll be back.

talking about rushing, i did the beat last nite with my headphones on so wifey didn't scream at me. I was really trippin' off of the bassline so i didn't even add one but used the old infamous filtered technique. The result sounds pretty raw compared to what i usually release, but i like it, that's what matters i guess.

Right-click and choose "save target as..."

http://www.strictlybreaks.com/upload/izm/the%20jam%20(hey%20fellaz).mp3

ARTIST[/b]: MADIZM aka IZM aka NUTCRACKER#1
    SONG TITLE[/b]: the jam (hey fellaz)
    BPM[/b]: 112
    EQUIP[/b]: Pro Toolz Mafockaz
    ADDITIONNAL SAMPLES[/b]: A Lil Bit of Manu for the saxophone (Dikalo to be precise) and also Bobby Williams's Let's Jam. Now i won't offense anyone and not mention the now-too-famous drum break i chopped. I love classic breaks too!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

- LINK -

Ok, we go now with the "WINNERS - MUSIC".

The contest ends Wednesday @ 9 PM EST.

Hey Bapt,

How do you download the songfile? I don't have rapid share, so I'm unable to download it. I wanted to work on the beat tonight. Is there any other way you could get it to me? Thanks!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Just click on the "free" button and wait, then enter the code, the download starts.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    here is my real contribution

Dude!!! WOW!!

- spidey

• I liked the sample that was chosen but it didn't inspire me at all thus I am not to happy with what I came up with. But not to bow out like a beeyotch here's my contribution, just a four bar loop:

www.djeditone.com/mp3/winnerschop.mp3

Tools:
    MPC, The Winner's sample, and a Fatback break chopped and layered.

Peace

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Just click on the "free" button and wait, then enter the code, the download starts.

Hey Bapt,

It still won't let me download the file. I guess I'll try in Internet Explorer.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Downloading from Internet Explorer now.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    talking about rushing, i did the beat last nite with my headphones on so wifey didn't scream at me. I was really trippin' off of the bassline so i didn't even add one but used the old infamous filtered technique. The result sounds pretty raw compared to what i usually release, but i like it, that's what matters i guess.

ADDITIONNAL SAMPLES[/b]: A Lil Bit of Manu for the saxophone (Dikalo to be precise) and also Bobby Williams's Let's Jam. Now i won't offense anyone and not mention the now-too-famous drum break i chopped. I love classic breaks too!

This is fucking great.

• talking about rushing, i did the beat last nite with my headphones on so wifey didn't scream at me. I was really trippin' off of the bassline so i didn't even add one but used the old infamous filtered technique. The result sounds pretty raw compared to what i usually release, but i like it, that's what matters i guess.

yep. real nice touch with the horn...gives it that soul power..props due!

• I liked the sample that was chosen but it didn't inspire me at all thus I am not to happy with what I came up with. But not to bow out like a beeyotch here's my contribution, just a four bar loop:

www.djeditone.com/mp3/winnerschop.mp3

Tools:
    MPC, The Winner's sample, and a Fatback break chopped and layered.

Peace

dope

• im luvin this, heavy shit!, its 2 short dood dammm

• Artist: Big Family
    Track Name: Ram's Club
    BPM: 94
    Tools: Orion Platimum 7.0

I basically did a chop and flipped some drums underneath

http://rapidshare.com/files/11021250/Ram_s_Club.mp3

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    ARTIST[/b]: djhaze
    SONG TITLE[/b]: 'P' Plays It Cool
    BPM[/b]: 100
    EQUIP[/b]: Ableton Live 6.0, mpc2000xl, a few various plugins
    ADDITIONNAL SAMPLES[/b]: marvin gaye - "T" plays it cool, jimmy castor bunch - just begun, some drum samples, 2 drum breaks chopped up
    http://download.yousendit.com/7C4BF39E7D6E5AAC
    or
    http://www.myspace.com/thelowendtheory

I did this over the last two days. I basically went to town chopping the sample, making a new filtered bass line out of it, reversing and adding lots of effects to pieces. Laid a break cut up under it, laid some more drums on top of that, then brought in marvin gayes t plays it cool to take the song in a different direction. Chopped up that part and cut up the horns and mixed it in with the other chops from 3 various loops out of that song. Then went back and tracked the cuts with some random shit i had at hand. And shazzammm.

yo izm that shit is ill. Great shit.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Did this one tonight...

http://www.alisterjohnson.com/mp3/winnah.mp3

more of a jam session going on since I switch up the sample chops a bit, but it was fun anyhow

used a Mac G5 with Logic Pro to put it all together + Recycle to chop dem samples.
    couple different breaks / some heartbeat sounds for kicks and a couple of 808 claps in there too

i'll critique the other joints tomorrow, i'm too tired right now

peace

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Did this one tonight...

more of a jam session going on since I switch up the sample chops a bit, but it was fun anyhow

used a Mac G5 with Logic Pro to put it all together + Recycle to chop dem samples.
    couple different breaks / some heartbeat sounds for kicks and a couple of 808 claps in there too

peace

one of the most underrated dudes on here.

Hey Beatdawgs,

Here is my producer 'Strut entry for Round 2, "Shake it Up", the first joint on my Soundclick site Big Stacks's Soundclick site The beat consists of (1) the agreed upon main sample source (from which I took various pieces and bits), (2) a "freaked" breakbeat" ("I'm Gonna Love You"-Z.Z. Hill), (3) tambourine (to give that chuchy soul), and (4) vocals from a kid record ("Rhymthmic Parachute Play" from Kimbo Educational Activities). No quantizing, I left it raw and sloppy fo ya. Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hey Beatdawgs,

Here is my producer 'Strut entry for Round 2, "Shake it Up", the first joint on my Soundclick site Big Stacks's Soundclick site The beat consists of (1) the agreed upon main sample source (from which I took various pieces and bits), (2) a "freaked" breakbeat" ("I'm Gonna Love You"-Z.Z. Hill), (3) tambourine (to give that chuchy soul), and (4) vocals from a kid record ("Rhymthmic Parachute Play" from Kimbo Educational Activities). No quantizing, I left it raw and sloppy fo ya. Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

That's sick. Sounds like some Mark 45 King ish.

• Kevin bacon looks up into the mirror and starts to cry . . . mindblowing poetry and music together. Where can I buy your records? I checked pattern based, but it seems that you have no solo jernts. Are you producing for any of those rapping albums on there?

• Did this one tonight...

peace

ooooooooh. flavor right there.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts

Kevin bacon looks up into the mirror and starts to cry . . . mindblowing poetry and music together. Where can I buy your records? I checked pattern based, but it seems that you have no solo jernts. Are you producing for any of those rapping albums on there?

ys. rapping jernt. i'll probably bother everyone on soulstrut about it when it comes out in the coming months.

yo Catalist, i loved it...PROPZ. Here's for you :

• i didn't get going on this, no time. have to bow out. not like anybody was checkin for me plus no way i would top something like that Izm joint. Much props, that track was nice. I didn't listen to all of them but that one was the best I heard.

thank you...i took the "soul route" but on a hip-hop tip, Catalist did some nice job. But thanks for the compliment.