Jeezy vs. Amazon

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
click on this link and tell me if you find anything funny here: Buy this together with.....!

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    click on this link and tell me if you find anything funny here:

Buy this together with.....!

Two of Def Jam's three major fourth quarter releases... hilarious.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I guess you didn't find his radio tirade against "hip hop is dead" funny at all then?

I guess you didn't find his radio tirade against "hip hop is dead" funny at all then?

Not really the type of thing I pay attention to.

Good thing you posted here then.

• can you repost the link to that radio tirade... people were telling me what an idiot he sounded like.

Good thing you posted here then.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

click on this ^^^^^^ link.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Monie Love sounds ass-hurt.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Monie Love Jeezy sounds ass-hurt stupid.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    So Jeezy was just on the radio talking live about the Philly situation. He said that before they started the interview they were telling him that kids shouldn't be buying his album because of the content. Which obviously pissed him off since he was there to promote it. He also stated that off air during the interview she specifically told him that the south was ruining hip-hop. Which lead into the bit about him walking out.

does he still sound stupid or does he seem like he handled that situation quite reasonably given the circumstances?

I'll admit I turned it off with a minute left, so maybe Jeezy
    starts doing something obnoxious, but the part I listened to
    had Jeezy kinda calmly and even in good humor trying to defend
    his feelings about the Nas album, and Monie Love cutting him off
    and going "I have LIVED Hip Hop, BROTHER!!" and getting all worked up
    over nothing. The beauty of it all is how little I care.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    So Jeezy was just on the radio talking live about the Philly situation. He said that before they started the interview they were telling him that kids shouldn't be buying his album because of the content. Which obviously pissed him off since he was there to promote it. He also stated that off air during the interview she specifically told him that the south was ruining hip-hop. Which lead into the bit about him walking out.

does he still sound stupid or does he seem like he handled that situation quite reasonably given the circumstances?

I really felt like everything he said was justified and from the heart. Anyone in the hip hop community thats gonna sit around and talk about how shit is dead needs to get off that shit or get off the air. For all his Im not a rapper talk, you can tell that jeezy is a fan of hip hop and takes his art more seriously than even nas does at this point. SO fuck monie love.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    however stupid that london bit was, it had me fucking cracking up. reminds me of how people get pissed off on here when that shit is pulled

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you can tell that jeezy is a fan of hip hop and takes his art more seriously than even nas does at this point. SO fuck monie love.

please be serious. I love how the whole quote above is preceeded by this

For all his Im not a rapper talk

But isn't the "I'm not a rapper" part of his Crack-King persona?

As in, "I don't need to rap to make money" not "I can't rhyme words"

I don't know why this guy gets people so worked up.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

But isn't the "I'm not a rapper" part of his crack-King persona?

As in, "I don't need to rap to make money" not "I can't rhyme words"

are we really trying to interpret the meaning behind a statement made by a buffoon like young Jeezy.

something (his lyrics) tells me he's not all that deep.

He's proud of his ignorance, he's proud of his work selling crack and I'm saddened that he gets respect from fans of rap because of it.

If you think of him as a professional wrestler type personality then it all seems more... normal.

Nas has never busted his gun! rar!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If you think of him as a professional wrestler type personality then it all seems more... normal.

Yeah, there's probably something to that.

Did anybody else catch his appeal to sales figures? "Check the first week numbers, then tell me who's killin' it!" If that's your criteria, then Vanilla Ice sons you, kiddo. In which case, you can go back to not caring about hip-hop.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

I really felt like everything he said was justified and from the heart. Anyone in the hip hop community thats gonna sit around and talk about how shit is dead needs to get off that shit or get off the air. For all his Im not a rapper talk, you can tell that jeezy is a fan of hip hop and takes his art more seriously than even nas does at this point. SO fuck monie love.

• Wasn't Jeezy the one that brought up Hip-ho is dead? I find it weird that he was the one to lead into it and yet he says that off-air this and this happened... please. Dude is whatever, his album is trash, and he sounds ass-hurt by not finishing the conversation, not letting monie love make her point, by referring to "sales figures" and "nas ain't bust no guns - Nas ain't got no street credibility" as being identifiers of hip-hop. give me a break.

And as noted above... Jeezy claims he is not a rapper then gets asshurt when nas releases an album titled Hip-Hop is dead? Why does he care? Why even bother getting in the discussion?

• I don't know why this guy gets people so worked up.

I don't know but it's hilarious. People really do indeed get worked up. They get upset and emotional. Jeezy like to drank. Jeezy like to smoke. Jeezy sit back collectin' checks with his folk. The internet's goin' nuts.

I don't know but it's hilarious. People really do indeed get worked up. They get upset and emotional. Jeezy like to drank. Jeezy like to smoke. Jeezy sit back collectin' checks with his folk. The internet's goin' nuts.

ugh that song is the worst... its like a 4 year old wrote that... well shit the whole album sounds like its written by a 4 year old. If this were released as a comedy album then I could understand...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    even if you don't like jeezy i don't know how anyone can argue that monie love came across well in this

ugh that song is the worst... its like a 4 year old wrote that... well shit the whole album sounds like its written by a 4 year old. If this were released as a comedy album then I could understand...

Haha, man I can tell you have an extreme distaste for this guy. Fine by me, your opinion is just that...

I like dumb music, makes me feel smarter. Ha.

By the way, any news on that Clipse LP?

Haha, man I can tell you have an extreme distaste for this guy. Fine by me, your opinion is just that...

I like dumb music, makes me feel smarter. Ha.

By the way, any news on that Clipse LP?

yeh i just had higher expectations... I mean at least one listenable single

Clipse LP has been a hard one to track down. Got Jay-Z, Snoop, and Game... Soon to have Ghostface as well.. But clipse has been eluding me.

And Deej, neither one sounded great but at least Monie Love was tryig to make a legitimate point beyond album sales.

"I have LIVED HipHop-House, BROTHER!!"