Low End Theory VS. Midnight Marauders.

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
vs DISCUSS.I have the first album in my MIND GARDEN, but were not gonna worry 'bout that.CRITIQUE PLEEZ........

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    im gonna go with Midnight Marauders. its closer to my childood than LET was. theyre both obviously excellent. but you know.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    haha well hmm... Actually i do dig midnight marauders more then let.
    its got "Award Tour", "Sucka Nigga", and my personal favorite, "Electric Relaxation" for that song alone it shits on LET. I just think the production and the lyrics were better on Midnight. Tribe really brought there sound to the next level on that album. Still great albums though.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Low End Theory.
    (You wankers)

• Low End was CLOSE to perfection...

Midnight Marauders WAS perfection.

if i had to take one to a desert island or some ish...i'd take marauders.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I aways felt that M.M. was an extension of Low End Theory. They minimalized their production style after People Instinctive Travels...and gained alot of admirers w/ the change. M.M. seemed to be a part 2 to L.E.T.

• I've always felt that Low End Theory was better chill out music. Except for a couple tracks (Scenario, Show Business) most tracks had a relaxing vibe. Midnight Marauders worked better to throw on while working or messing around the house. If I had to say one I'd definitely say Midnight Marauders, but probably cause of the emotional attachment I have to it. It's too close to call. I'd even argue that their first LP is on par with both these albums...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Dony try to turn this into the Best of ATCQ.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Low End Theory.
    (You wankers)

• boast1boast1 142 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Midnight Marauders is better than Young Jeezy (the person).

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

ugh i just threw up in my mouth a little...

• low end theory.
    peace, stein. . .

It seems like age factors into the poll..........

• autezautez 404 Posts
    low end theory.

Midnight Instramental...

• boast1boast1 142 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't eat no ham 'n' eggs cause they high in cholesterol
    Yo Tip do you eat 'em?
    Yo Fife do ya eat 'em?

NOPE, NOT AT ALL!

I don't eat no ham 'n' eggs cause they high in cholesterol
    Yo Tip do you eat 'em?
    Yo Fife do ya eat 'em?

NOPE, NOT AT ALL!

• BigBBigB 30 Posts

so sentimental.. jr. high.. zulu medallions everywhere

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The day that LET dropped me and my dudes went and listened to that shit while smoking blunts in my boys basement and, when "Scenario" was done, we were shellshocked. My one dude who was like the clown of the crew was like "Yeah that was dope but I wanna hear THIS" and he put on "Symphony Part 2" and me and the other dudes looked at each other like "This kid is a herb."

But yeah, Low End Theory. MM is THAT SHIT but LET really made things happen for me in my mind and set that shit ina certain direction. By the time MM came out I was already hustling and DJing pretty regularly in clubs and so it was a DIFFERENT feeling. Like banging broads to "Electric Relaxation" and all, then going out and hitting the hot summer Philly nights like "Who's WORLD IS THIS?" MM is all that, but LET is the music of my youth... meaning that shit just brings me back to a more innocent time I guess.

Bonus Beat props to PITITPOFAR for being the album that was playing while I was with the 3rd girl I did it with. That was dooope. Much better than the 2nd girl I did it with (music: DANZIG) or the first girl (music: West Coast Rap All Stars "We're All In The Same Gang".)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ahahhh, you know I'm drunk now....

or the first girl (music: West Coast Rap All Stars "We're All In The Same Gang".)

U nutted during Hammer's part?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well, it WAS the cassingle, but I did have the "auto reverse" rocking for a good while...

Well, it WAS the cassingle, but I did have the "auto reverse" rocking for a good while...

[MC Hammer]

Kickin on the ave 'bout a quarter to 9

All the homies gettin blind in an eight ball line

Now on this tip they started runnin at the lip

Jumped in their deuce and took a little trip

Hit the block about 12 on the tick

The windows went down and the nines went click

People started yellin, bodies started bailin

Bullets cold flyin sendin some to hell and

It's gotta stop, we don't need all the violence

Peace in the hood and a moment of silence

We got together not for ego or fame

We got involved cause we're all in the same gang

"Dont touch me!"

• still can't get over how good electric relaxation is, but i think LET is better on the whole. i remember listening to it over and over again in my room, only songs that got skipped were "classic example of a date rap" and "everything is fair". the latter track was solid, but the sample in the chorus weirded me out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It seems as though the experience of "WAITSG" left a more lasting impression on you than it sure did on me, my man.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    I think the lyrics are better on M.M:

"Lyrically I'm Mario Andretti on the Momo,
    Ludicrously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo."

...but having grown up on "Check The Rhyme (Instrumental)" Looped forever, I prefer the tunes on L.E.T.

ermm...

L.E.T. because at the time, it moved things on sonically by stripping nearly everything away, without sounding samey.

Is there a TCQ reunion thing going on or did I dream it? Only, without the crap tunes they did at the end. I think Phiffe and Q had fallen out for the last set?