- More Fish

- The new Project Pat

- Jeezy's new album

- and Brian Mc...ah, nevermind.

http://www.e-junkie.blogspot.com/

and, most importantly, theres a Hell Rell bootleg there too

when do we get a Hell Rell thread?

or is Dipset sooooo 2005?

You would have to be a hardcore Dips fan to want to here a whole Hell Rell album

• The following site contains links to:

- More Fish

[/url]

???

I can't find it. Only links to songs that have already linked.

Herm

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The following site contains links to:

- More Fish

- The new Project Pat

- Jeezy's new album

I cant remember reading about you liking anything in a forever long time. I think you are getting old and lame.

Whining about jeezy being a walking stereotype is like Whining about how jurassic park wasnt realistic enough.

Who cares? Its cool. Cant you just enjoy anything without having to pretend your in a fucking social studies class?

I will say guzzo, that you are in serious danger of becoming a walking stereotype yourself though. Your posts are becoming less and less informed, and more arrogant every day.

Im just saying, if you are gonna sit here an try to critique Jeezy's lyricism your probably missing the point. Especially since he has already himself voiced his preference for 5 bricks and a porche over 5 mics in the source.

• the best rap album of the year cannot be crowned until the project pat album drops

it's a letdown

• the best rap album of the year cannot be crowned until the project pat album drops

it's a letdown

You must now fishfight Brian Da Hawaiian.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The following site contains links to:

- More Fish

- The new Project Pat

- Jeezy's new album

You would have to be a hardcore Dips fan to want to here a whole Hell Rell album

I don't think I've ever met anybody that would listen to an album from this dude; he is the U-God of the crew. Must've saved Cam's life at some point or something.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I really couldn't care less about anything Jeezy says (I can't believe people are defending him, dude has zero lyrical style or content), so I'll just comment on the instrumentals:

Timblaland's Track (3 AM) is dope.
    The Justice League track (Bury Me A G) is decent, one of the better sped-up vocal samples I've heard.
    The Inspiration is a DOPE beat (who is Anthony Dent?).

If Jeezy would shut his trap maybe I'd be able to hear more into some of the other shit, but on first listen everything else is forgettable.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    This album is great. I think I liked 101 better but I need to hear 102 in my truck driving around before I can say for sure. I especially love Streets On Lock, I Luv It, and J.E.E.Z.Y.

I get why Guzzo is prejudiced against crack rap, and I'm not gonna tell somebody they gotta like any music with this much drugs and violence. If you feel like an artist has a responsibilty to be positive and uplift people and not reinforce stereotypes, this isn't for you. But at the same time if you're talking about his style, then you're out of your lane because you're not approaching it with an open mind.

Im just saying, if you are gonna sit here an try to critique Jeezy's lyricism your probably missing the point. Especially since he has already himself voiced his preference for 5 bricks and a porche over 5 mics in the source.

"N*ggas say I'm not lyrical / I ain't trying to impress yall n*ggas / if hatin was a crime they'd arrest yall n*ggaz" - Jeezy

Jeezy is talking about some shit a lot of people identify with. He said something really sad in XXL about how he can't truly be happy because almost all his friends over the years have been murdered or locked up. He said the only thing that makes him happy is buying a new car or diamonds and that feeling wears off in a few days. He also said his main thing is motivating people in the hood to make money (thus thug motivation). I know how far that is from how most folks live, that it's hard to empathize.

Personally with this type of music, I either feel you or I don't feel you, and it has to do with the beats, and how your voice sounds, and whether I believe you or not. Jeezy is earnest, he's clever, he paints a picture, and the beats he picks are crazy. He does what he does really well. Listening to Thug Motivation driving around makes me feel good. I don't judge it, or think about it too much, I just feel it. I know this sounds simplistic. But I imagine a lot of people experience music the same way.

Oh and Gary, Jeezy is from Atlanta.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    This album is great. I think I liked 101 better but I need to hear 102 in my truck driving around before I can say for sure. I especially love Streets On Lock, I Luv It, and J.E.E.Z.Y.

I get why Guzzo is prejudiced against crack rap, and I'm not gonna tell somebody they gotta like any music with this much drugs and violence. If you feel like an artist has a responsibilty to be positive and uplift people and not reinforce stereotypes, this isn't for you. But at the same time if you're talking about his style, then you're out of your lane because you're not approaching it with an open mind.

"N*ggas say I'm not lyrical / I ain't trying to impress yall n*ggas / if hatin was a crime they'd arrest yall n*ggaz" - Jeezy

Jeezy is talking about some shit a lot of people identify with. He said something really sad in XXL about how he can't truly be happy because almost all his friends over the years have been murdered or locked up. He said the only thing that makes him happy is buying a new car or diamonds and that feeling wears off in a few days. He also said his main thing is motivating people in the hood to make money (thus thug motivation). I know how far that is from how most folks live, that it's hard to empathize.

Personally with this type of music, I either feel you or I don't feel you, and it has to do with the beats, and how your voice sounds, and whether I believe you or not. Jeezy is earnest, he's clever, he paints a picture, and the beats he picks are crazy. He does what he does really well. Listening to Thug Motivation driving around makes me feel good. I don't judge it, or think about it too much, I just feel it. I know this sounds simplistic. But I imagine a lot of people experience music the same way.

Oh and Gary, Jeezy is from Atlanta.

Most of the time I can refrain from passing judgement on the content of lyrics even if I'm not feeling them, but Jeezy is just so damn simplistic and glorifies that hood rich mentality in a way that bothers me. It's the antithesis of creativity and everything positive in hip-hop. Jeezy doesn't make me feel good, he makes me depressed to think that so many people share his outlook on life.

• You would have to be a hardcore Dips fan to want to here a whole Hell Rell album

I don't think I've ever met anybody that would listen to an album from this dude; he is the U-God of the crew. Must've saved Cam's life at some point or something.

cosine.

but who's the Cappadonna of the Dips?

• The Inspiration is a DOPE beat (who is Anthony Dent?).

It's kinda ironic that the sample is from a Diana Ross(?)/Michael Jackson song called "I Like Muscle."

(I like the beat, too. Mostly 'cause in my mind I "discovered" that sample 8-9 years ago.)

Herm

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

No, that would be Jim Jones.

• I can't believe people are defending him, dude has zero lyrical style or content

i personally don't give a shit if dude is being positive or uplifting or whatever. he just plain sucks.

• Jeezy is talking about some shit a lot of people identify with. He said something really sad in XXL about how he can't truly be happy because almost all his friends over the years have been murdered or locked up. He said the only thing that makes him happy is buying a new car or diamonds and that feeling wears off in a few days. He also said his main thing is motivating people in the hood to make money (thus thug motivation). I know how far that is from how most folks live, that it's hard to empathize.

i'm sure the kids with missing limbs in Africa who made those diamonds are all shedding a tear over Jeezy's inability to feel happy about his exorbitant shopping sprees.

i'm the last person who would condone censoring or the infringement of any civil rights, but if i'm a parent, my kid is not wearing a snowman shirt, or quoting jeezy lines. if you think jeezy is adding insightful commentary on life in the hood, ok. but in my book the guy isn't saying shit and is a terrible influence. this time last year you could not walk a block in philly without seeing a snowman shirt. maybe i am getting old, but i think that is

if these rappers are concerned about the hood, where are the "self destruction" type songs. there is nothing artistically wrong with glorifying drug dealing or shooting someone. also, as charles barkley put it, its not an entertainers job to be a role model. however, if people think this dude has character, i beg to differ. he knows who is audience is...and it includes a lot of impressionable kids. the snowman logo reminds of joe camel.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    you had me until here:

where are the "self destruction" type songs.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's one of the things that I like MOST about Jeezy is that he so obviously strikes a chord with people, like Ayres loves the shit out of some Jeezy, whereas I'm somewhat ambivalent about him, so there's a place for everything.

• you had me until here:

ha, i'm not saying it's his obligation to resurrect something along those lines (or even that it is necessarily effective), but the dude is profiting by glamourizing drug life...bottom line. so if he is trying to say "thug motivation" REALLY means motivating people to get out of the hood. please...

• you had me until here:

ha, i'm not saying it's his obligation to resurrect something along those lines (or even that it is necessarily effective), but the dude is profiting by glamourizing drug life...bottom line. so if he is trying to say "thug motivation" REALLY means motivating people to get out of the hood. please...

Thank you!

I can only listen to this self-destructive stuff when there's some remorse or confession behind it. Two lyrics come to mind:

"Hit the preach 'cause he said it was a sin," from Mobb Deep
    "Even though what we do is wrong," from Freeway

Especially that last one--probably my favorite rap song. T.I. does this, as well, in "Long Live the Game."

Even though Freeway, Mobb Deep, and T.I. might not be doing much to end their self-destruction (it brings to mind stealing a loaf), at least it suggests that they don't want it that way, but it is that way.

Jeezy has no balance. He just robs the bakery.

so if he is trying to say "thug motivation" REALLY means motivating people to get out of the hood. please...

Who are you to judge that?

No, that would be Jim Jones.

No, plenty of people--though not me--are really feeling Jimmy; I don't think anybody is feeling Hell Rell.

• Man these Shawty Redd beats really suck
    I don't get the idea of the Tracklist at all...First 6 Tracks, and 1 of em is listenable?
    Anything else after the timbo joint is pretty sick though.

Can someone give me a good reason why tracks 1,2,3,4 & 6 weren't taken off - like straight up?
    Could it be blamed on more "confused Jigga" decisions?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Man these Shawty Redd beats really suck

I find this hard to believe

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    am i the only one that thinks hell rell isn't bad? he's about 44.5x the rapper jim jones is

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    am i the only one that thinks hell rell isn't bad?

Yes.

am i the only one that thinks hell rell isn't bad? he's about 44.5x the rapper jim jones is

You may be suffering from a touch of whatever plagues the one rootlesscosmo.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

This schitt had me laughing for a couple of minutes.

I never heard of Jeezy until I got down here (GA) 18 months ago but I got hooked.
    101 is a future classic album, IMO. I heard some of The Inspiration this morning and I dig it.

Essential late night music.

This schitt had me laughing for a couple of minutes.

I may have exaggerated--it is vaguely possible that I bought a t-shirt or something on 125th street from one of his cousins, who would listen to his album at least once out of a sense of family obligation.