Cosmo Baker ".45 Caliber Funk Volume 1" DOWNLOAD

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
This week, a premier from the archives, the never before released...Cosmo Baker [i]".44 Caliber Funk Volume 1"[/b] Remastered from the original recording, this is the strictly 45s mix that was made to commemorate the Remedy annual "Pimp & Ho" masquerade ball. Given out in limited numbers in 1999, this CD was the inspiration behind the award winning ".45 Caliber Funk Volume 2: Martial Law."CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Cosmo Baker ".44 Caliber Funk Volume 1"[/b]Maceo & All The Kings Men "Got to Get'cha" (House Of The Fox)The South Side Movement "I've Been Watching You" (Wand)The Parliaments "Good Old Music" (Revilot)Gene Faith "Family Man" (Virtue)Four Mints "In A Rut" (Capsoul)Lee Fields "I'm The Man" (Soul Fire)Ann Robinson "You Did It" (All Brothers)Rhetta Hughes "Light My Fire" (Tetragrammatron)Johnny Talbot "Pickin Cotton" (Jasman)The Vibrations "Ain't No Greens In Harlem" (Mandala)Thomas East & The Fabulous Playboys "I Get A Groove" (Toddlin' Town)Afro SoulReview "Soft Soul" (Tupelo Sound)Juggy "Oily" (Sue)Louis Chachere "The Hen" Pt. 1 (Paula)Steve Colt "Dynamite" (Big Beat)JD& The Evil's Dynamite Band "Just More Haaa-sheesh" (Soul Fire)The Soul Searchers "Think" (Sussex)Wilbur Bascome & The Zodiact "Just A Groove In 'G'" (Carnival)Joe Quarterman & Free Soul "(I've Got) So Much Trouble In My Mind Pt. 1" (GFS)Tina Britt "Sookie Sookie" (Veep)Tousaint McCall "Shimmy" (Ronn)Dyke & The Blazers "Let A Woman Be A Woman, Let A Man Be A Man" (Original Sound)Syl Johnson "Come On Sock It To Me" (Twilight)The Soul President "Get It Right" (Big Mack)Spanky Wilson "Sunshine Of Your Love" (Mother Records LP)Betty Harris "12 Red Roses" (Sansu)Nina Simone "Save Me" (Jazzman)Diplomats "I've Got The Kind Of Love" (Dynamo)Also check the big site update at http://www.cosmobaker.com/

Comments

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    thanks mang !!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Thanks a bunch, can't hear "The Hen" too many times.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Ann Robinson "You Did It" (All Brothers)

whaat? never heard this. damn, i always loved sissy walk, sounds even better with vocals over it!

great mix!

• Dude. This makes my whole fucking morning. Thank you for mellowing my harsh.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    THX HEAPS COSMO!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Damn thanks...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    MEGAsolid, thanks Cos!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

thanks bud!

• hell yeah, gracias, nice mix.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word, man. I love this shit for reall... just glad that others enjoy this type of stuff as well.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    nice one! but please put some sleeves on the raer.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    nice one! but please put some sleeves on the raer.

I don't have any sort of illustrator program or anything like that, and I needed some sort of cover so I just listened to the mix and grabbed as many of the records that I could find and took a photo... FUCK IT!

• yes! thanks cosmo, i love your funk mixes

• yes! thanks cosmo, i love your funk mixes

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    "All download slots assigned to your country (Taiwan) are currently in use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!"

Been trying to get this for a minute, can someone wack it up on yousendit...

Cosmo, holla on my cell phone in TW mang..

b

• Love it mayne.

Keep on keepin on.

Lee.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Thanks for sharing this

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Downloading it now - Volume 2 was the nuts, and is still an enduring Sunday afternoon fave at the McCoy residence. Thanks, man.

EDIT: Oh, shit - I never realised the 45 version of "I've Been Watching You" was so different from the album version. Nice one, geez.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Does anyone know if Nina Simone "Save Me" appears on an LP or is it 45 only? Thanks and thanks Cosmo for uploading the mix.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Thanks Cosmo. Very solid mix there.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I always wondered if there was a part 1. Gonna DL when I get home, thanks Cos!