Applebee's vs. Bennigan's

2»

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    down south when you are on the road, especially in mississippi, the immediate off-the-freeway exit options are:

WAFFLE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Chackee's type!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    funny movie...

• Real fucked up story.
    Back in '87, I went for a job interview at the local Ground Round here.
    It was basically a job washing dishes and occasionally busing tables.
    It looked to be about as good a summer job as I was gonna get.
    Perks: It was close to the crib and my best friend TC and a couple of other chums were already working there.
    But mainly it was a way to help pay for rekids during my bi-weekly train trips to Music Factory.

So, the manager - one Frank Metzger - hired me there that night, and told me to start the next day - for the evening shift.
    Frank was stabbed to death (37 times) the next morning in his office by one of the cooks.
    Apparently he was upset that Frank had refused to give him a one hundred dollar advance on his next check.
    As fate would have it, TC and another friend of mine who both worked the morning shift, luckily arrived about 10-15 minutes late that day - only to find a trail of bloody 20 dollar bills outslde the back entrance and a cop standing over the gurgling body of a very soon-to-be dead Frank Metzger.
    There was only one other employee present during the murder.
    Yet another friend of mine who wound up locking himself in the employee break room right next door during the murder.
    He heard Frank moaning and groaning and crying out for help.
    At one point after he heard Frank yell to him that it was "okay to come out. please help me...", he emerged from the break room to find fucker still in the office picking up as much cash as he could.
    As you might imagine, dude has never quite been the same.
    Somehow they caught fucker down at Grand Central Station the next day.
    He had hopped in a cab from the Ground Round and paid the cabbie (in blood stained cash) to drive him 70 miles to NYC.
    They closed the joint for about a week and when they re-opened, I started working there, with about half of the staff being brand new hires.
    I satyed on there for about 2 years.
    They put a small plaque in honor of Frank hidden unobtrusively away in a small corner of the joint where it gathered dust until the place closed about 10 years ago.
    I was just thinking about this the other day. Frank had a 2 year-old daughter at the time.
    God, she's gotta be like 21 now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    They put a small plaque in honor of Frank hidden unobtrusively away in a small corner of the joint where it gathered dust until the place closed about 10 years ago.

• Options
    I used to be a busboy at a TGI Fridays when I was 19. It was Fuckfest '94 at that job. Everyone was fucking somebody in that place; hostesses banging busboys, waitresses banging bartenders, cooks banging managers, managers banging waitresses, hostesses banging cooks, hosts banging waitresses. My 2nd day working there a waitress walks right up behind me while I'm stacking kiddie cups for the sunday brunch, pinches my ass and gives me a wink. I had that busboy mack going.

• Where are y'all going for Friday afterwork drinks right now?
    I don't want to show up at Applebee's and find out all the
    cool kids went to Bennigans. And the walk between the two?
    Sheeeeit, in this weather nuts don't swing!

I am wearing 4 shirts right now.

My tits are warm but my pits are talking about chicken and gravy, man.

• i luv ur friken hair!!!

well, i went to get a yumburger at jollibee the other day and was shocked and amazed to find out about a new mascot friend for jollibee. her name's hetty and she's fucken SCARY

ok, i just wanted to post this picture, is that so wrong?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    DAMN! That's what Puto-Bong-Bong's girl looks like?

or

?

• THREE THE HARD WAY![/b]

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    How has no one mentioned:

• THREE THE HARD WAY![/b]

ADOBO A-GO-GO!!![/b]

• tie. peace, stein. . .

• scurlscurl 75 Posts
    down south when you are on the road, especially in mississippi, the immediate off-the-freeway exit options are:

Scattered all the way hasbrowns is the best blend of ingredients second only to Pussy, Weed, and Alcohol.

• old school[/b]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    When faced with these decisions, I often ask myself what would that man of God, Mason Betha, do?

Yo, now why talk Willy livin' in the tenements?
    Why shoot Dominicans then go to the Hill again?
    Then again, why repent when I'mma sin again?
    Why eat at Blimpies if I could eat in the Bennigans?[/b]
    Dumb ni99as with Timbalands, til they body tremblin'
    Messin' with Mase money and they'll be rememberin'
    I hate the color green 'less it comes in Benjamins
    Is that the same color my brother got sent up in?
    You laugh all day but cry the sinner's sin
    Stranded on the Island, I don't mean the Gilligan
    You thug gentlemen, deep down feminine
    Cuz in the pen, change your name to Cinnamon
    You speakin' on money and you ain't put a penny in[/b]
    You gon' float on the same shit they put the penguin in
    And my adrenaline won't let me be no Minute Man
    Cuz I put my d**k in any b**ch I could fit it in
    C'mon

I'ma have to definitely go with The Bennigan's.

• I'ma have to definitely go with The Bennigan's.

I'm going to Applebee's tonight.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I had to shoot my way up outta the Purple Hippo on Van Ness once.

• I had a friend who worked in a Durham, North Carolina Applebee's while in high school. Even as a teenager, he was principled. For proof, I offer the following example:

One evening, he was waiting on young couple and their infant daughter. When the pair had both ordered, the woman tried to hand my friend the baby's bottle and said, "Oh, and can you fill this up with Diet Coke?"

My friend stood frozen for a moment, horrified at the request, but quickly regained his composure and told her that he would not do any such thing. The mom protested, "But it's just Diet Coke!"

He refused.

So, yeah. Bennigan's.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Scattered all the way hasbrowns is the best blend of ingredients second only to Pussy, Weed, and Alcohol.

Yo,

This place used to be a great cure for the munchies after a long, blunted , drunken night out. On the Applebee's or Bennigan's debate, I gotta go with Bennigan's because they always have a lil' more swagger than Applebee's. Given a choice, I'd go to neither, but a cool, local restaurant/bar instead (like "Shogun 27" in Franklin Township, NJ).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    How has no one mentioned:

Hooters and Chilis PWNz both Applebees, Bennigans, and TGIFriday's combined.

• I had a friend who worked in a Durham, North Carolina Applebee's while in high school. Even as a teenager, he was principled. For proof, I offer the following example:

One evening, he was waiting on young couple and their infant daughter. When the pair had both ordered, the woman tried to hand my friend the baby's bottle and said, "Oh, and can you fill this up with Diet Coke?"

My friend stood frozen for a moment, horrified at the request, but quickly regained his composure and told her that he would not do any such thing. The mom protested, "But it's just Diet Coke!"

He refused.

So, yeah. Bennigan's.

I worked at an Appelbee's for about 2 weeks.

Day One - TEAM MEETING: Everyone had to sit around in a circle and throw a stuffed bean-bag type of apple at each other. When you caught it, you had to tell everyone why you love working there. I think my answer was something like "The 2nd and 4th Friday of the month."

Last Day - SUGGESTIVE SELLING: I was reprimanded by my boss for not offering the ONLY adult at a table full of children if she would like to try "one of our daiquiries or something from the bar"? I made my case for her being the only adult present that probably had to drive a mini-van full of kids around during the height of the Holiday shopping season but it was a moot point compared to the regional holiday bar sales contest. Regardless, I told him he could go over and suggest it to her himself because I was walking out and did so.

Fuck that shit - I have a general "no dice" rule about eating in a resturant that has "wacky shit" (canoes, old traffic signs, phone booths, etc...) on their walls.

Who buys this crap and where do you shop for "wacky shit"? That always bugged me about these places.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I only ate at a Bennigan's once, and the food was served
    on microwave-plates and had obviously been microwaved.
    It was like sitting down in a restaurant and being served
    a Stouffers TV dinner. Almost inedible, I only ate half of it,
    despite being starved from 10 hours of Christmas shopping.

I will admit that I got take-out from a Bennigan's near an
    old job a few times, took a Monte Cristo sandwich home once
    or twice, but that was when I was a bike courier and could
    eat any crap under the sun without adverse effect.

I've never had Applebee's but it's gotta be better, right??

Do they have a Monte Cristo?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    the talk about waffle house...shit. they don't wear gloves when they handle your food and I rarely saw anyone wash their hands before grabbing a hand full of bacon. damn waffle house on every corner down south. Now the huddle house is as shitty if not worse..avoid both.

I've never eaten at Bennigan's & Applesbee's food

• This was an awesome ghost bump.

LOLZ for DAYZ