Applebee's vs. Bennigan's

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Yeah, the human race is going to split in two, alright.I decided to drop this bomb right before the weekend when everybodyis at the spot right now drinking Tanq or 'tini, clink your icearound get that bartender to frapple lil mo into your glass andlet it be known where you stand. It's good to know where peoplestand and why don't you let us know where you stand on Applebee'svs. Bennigans.Where I come from Applebee's was where the real mothers hang.At 5 pm, I gett off work.At 5:15, I'm having dessert.At 5:30, I'm starting to flirt.By 6 I'm sexxing the Applebee's hostess trying not to getRanch sauce on her work skirt.But then,[Chyna Whyte]Chyna Whyte don't suck no dicks or lick no nutsBitch I hit licks and flip bricksEvery two hours switch whips to keep the peoples off meWhat you know about that No-Doz and coffeeNo sleep, I'm lookin' 40With three bricks in a 740Bitch I ain't got time to partyI'm breakin' bread with Dominican niggazOver a hot Bennigan's dinner[/b]Thinkin' how I'ma cop the 6 at the beginnin' of winterChrome it out and then fit it with timber, that's wood grainWhat you ain't know, this a hood thangAll my thugs let ya wood swangBitches make ya ass clapI'm takin' all y'all ASCAP and BMICatch me drivin' DUILook cause I don't give a fuck nigga I'm livin to dieWho on this track fuckin with me, y'all is willin' to tryChyna Whyte the thug bitch with no feelings inside, motherfucker...and I remember that all my White and Chinese friends wantedto meet at Chili's later tonight, all but smashing the dichotomy, but:[Lil' Kim] Uhh, it's the Q to the B to the double E, spittin' lovely And it don't stop, rocks shine through my tank top Where your bank stop, I deposit all the one drops (ha) Think not, excuse me but uh I like to flow Cause this joint knocks harder then Indicot and I be off the wall like the Lox, nightbox filled with Benjamins Me and my girl Missy gettin' pissy up in Bennigans [/b]Makin' all of you rappers begin again, like Fennigan Christians repent then sin again, girls wanna be my friend again Lay up in my crib up wit', get up in my linens and While Misdemenor hit notes like Sarafina, I subpeona you To my funk grooves see, I hit you wit' the huhhh! She wit' ya with the heeeee! Coming back to my intellectial reality sensibilities, I realizethat:Bennigan's is soft like ass.The real schitt will Applebee all over your ass like mofucka.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    T.G.I.F/DallasBBQ/Bennigan's/Applebee's...........high school dates for real.

• choosing between those two restaurants is like choosing between a kick in the nuts and a punch in the nuts.

• Bennigan's is soft like ass.

The real schitt will Applebee all over your ass like mofucka.

Perhaps in the windy city this is the conclusion;
    however, let us not forget Raekwon's words on the subject:

eatin' good, had to shoot my way up out of Bennigans.[/b]

Can you imagine Rae having to shoot his way up out of Applebees?

Soccer moms diving and some high school girl in a burgundy apron with mad acne emptying a .38 at his fat ass?

Don't think so - that schitt could ONLY happen at Bennigans.

Or TGIF - but that wasn't included in the discussion.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Red Lobster trumps both.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Applebee's is the epitome of ASS. They don't
    even bother taking the food out of the microwave-safe
    dish before serving it to you. The one time I was forced
    to eat there, due to being trapped in the middle of nowhere,
    will never be forgotten...I was SO hungry and couldn't
    finish even half of the meal that was placed before me.

Bennigan's on the other hand serves Monte Cristo sandwiches

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    vs.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Applebee's is the epitome of ASS. They don't
    even bother taking the food out of the microwave-safe
    dish before serving it to you. The one time I was forced
    to eat there, due to being trapped in the middle of nowhere,
    will never be forgotten...I was SO hungry and couldn't
    finish even half of the meal that was placed before me.

Bennigan's on the other hand serves Monte Cristo sandwiches

I worked at an Applebee's for almost two years, and the kitchen would regularly microwave steaks and chicken to cook it enough to serve on a busy night.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I don't eat at ANY chain restaurants......period.

The high school drop-out cooking your food there would just as soon spit on your plate than get your order right. And they couldn't care less whether you ever come back or not.

Eat at family owned indy restaurants....they actually care if you come back and the food isn't usually processed and/or frozen.

Chain restaurants are for suckers......glorified MickeyD's

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Can you imagine Rae having to shoot his way up out of Applebees?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I don't eat at ANY chain restaurants......period.

The high school drop-out cooking your food there would just as soon spit on your plate than get your order right. And they couldn't care less whether you ever come back or not.

Eat at family owned indy restaurants....they actually care if you come back and the food isn't usually processed and/or frozen.

Chain restaurants are for suckers......glorified MickeyD's

Amen.

Chain restaurants are an abomination for a thousand and one reasons.

• Last night, word was messed UP. Straight toe.
    I got locked into Applebee's. Schitt was wild, I had to eat my way
    out of a pile of frozen Jalepeno Poppers. Guzzled all the Apple Pucker,
    tried to find the manager office, fell through the cillin.
    Fuck all this dumb schitt I'm going to Black Lobster.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    What the fuck is Bennigan's!?
    I guess that franchise has yet to grace the Fresh Coast, cause I've never heard
    of or seen one.

• never been to either...sorry...they don't serve hippy-vegan-macrobiotic-organic-enviro-friendly cuisine.....but...I do know that Butters has a strong affinity for Bennigan's...

My peeps think I'm to snobby to eat in these mo-fuckas.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

It has nothing to do with being snobby. I'll eat street food with pleasure. The issue is the quality of the food, the way it's produced, the approach to food, and socioeconomic implications. Not much good and a whole lot of bad is generated by chain restaurants.

• Are we sleeping on the original popcorn servin', silent movie showin' family restaurant?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Are we sleeping on the original popcorn servin', silent movie showin' family restaurant?

I was gonna post this yesterday but I havent seen one in a while. Are they still around?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    of or seen one.

Quebec?????

And i totally cosign on danno`s sentiment they should not be allowed to be called restaurants

we have this shit popping all over here in quebec

megamall parkinglot restaurants for days

• Are we sleeping on the original popcorn servin', silent movie showin' family restaurant?

I was gonna post this yesterday but I havent seen one in a while. Are they still around?

Why, here are their current locations:

http://www.groundround.com/locations/default.asp

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    down south when you are on the road, especially in mississippi, the immediate off-the-freeway exit options are:

Cracker Barrell

vs.

Applebees

The Verdict:
    Any opportunity to not have one of those late 19th century photos of an old bearded white dude breathing down your neck while you eat some shitty crusted catfish or whatever the fuck is a winner.

applebees wins although....
    not by much.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Olive Garden yet.

• I'm surprised no one has mentioned Olive Garden yet.

Christ ... that place deserves its own thread. Ouch.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

I used to live right next to that exact Uno's. I ate there once, it was ok.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Olive Garden yet.

Christ ... that place deserves its own thread. Ouch.

I love the commercial where the old dude comes over from Italy and his family takes him to Olive Garden for some "authentic" Italian food. And of course the old guy loves it. What they forgot to tell you was that he had been in prison in Italy for the last 40 years where all they fed him was scraps of bread and rainwater.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    These strip mall corporate Chackee's type places are awesome if you have kids. They have the perfect atmosphere for rollin on up with the kiddos and making a big ole miss with no guilt... and I can suck down a bomber pint of Sam Adams in the process. The food isn't that bad either. Friday's being the exception... which is plain old ass on a stick. Chili's Rox!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    of or seen one.

C,

Bennigan's is some East Coast chain. My grandmother used to always take me to one in Greenbelt Maryland. She loved it. I always thought it was real wack.