The Carter III

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
or ?Only time will tell

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm going to go ahead and say that I hope he switches it up a bit; 2-3 albums + a gang of mixtapes and his 'new style' is starting to feel a bit dry, i think. I'd like to see him develop more, drop the superstar schtick and challenge himself the way T.I. does regularly instead of relying on 'charisma'. Mix it up. Double-time raps.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    that cover is beyond fake.

• Mix it up. Double-time raps.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Fanboys who spend their days making fake album cover art and fake tracklistings (for nonhumorous purposes) are probably the lowest form of life on these here internets. Except for maybe Lupe Fiasco stans.

That Wayne/Birdman album isn't bad--different from the stuff Wayne's been doing himself lately, and not nearly as self-serious. Yeah, it's got Baby on it, but if I can listen to a full album of Baby trading verses with Mannie Fesh (and I own two of those) than I can f**k with this.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That Wayne/Birdman album isn't bad--different from the stuff Wayne's been doing himself lately, and not nearly as self-serious. Yeah, it's got Baby on it, but if I can listen to a full album of Baby trading verses with Mannie Fesh (and I own two of those) than I can f**k with this.

Some of that record reminds of the old Cash Money sound.

...right down to the ridiculous cover art.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

That sounds really good then!
    Which big tymers albums do you have? "I Got That Work" is kind of incredible. Big Money Heavyweights is underrated, Hood Rich is alright.

• You know what I am a fanboy for is for when all the original
    Hot Boys gett back together, but later.

They will be all wise and their voices grizzled and gizzled,
    and one of them will have a pegleg, another an eyepatch.

They will rapp about more complex aspects of the game such as
    escrow accounts and state-by-state differences in the rights
    of convicted felons. Also they will rapp about spoiling their
    grandchildren and all-wireless home electronics.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

...right down to the ridiculous cover art.

The cover's resizing of 'son' and 'daddy' was laugh out loud funny, but I finally just saw the video and they try to make sure Weezy looks bigger than Baby throughout!! I wonder which one of them is hung up on that

• that cover is beyond fake.

Fanboys who spend their days making fake album cover art and fake tracklistings (for nonhumorous purposes) are probably the lowest form of life on these here internets. Except for maybe Lupe Fiasco stans.

What about fanboys who make fake Lupe Fiasco art? or

What about fanboys who make fake Lupe Fiasco art? or

Peep the "humorous purposes" caveat in my previous post, Yung Phon.

That sounds really good then!
    Which big tymers albums do you have? "I Got That Work" is kind of incredible. Big Money Heavyweights is underrated, Hood Rich is alright.

The first two and the first two, only.

Please don't even talk to me about that Big Hood Rich Heavyweights crap.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I've never heard the first one.
    I donno why yr so down on the two recent ones other than generic contrarianism, neither are GRATE but they're both defensible.

But yeah, I Got That Work is straight. I know all the words to "Snake"

I donno why yr so down on the two recent ones other than generic contrarianism, neither are GRATE but they're both defensible.

I have no interest in music that is merely "defensible".

Do you live in a world in which great music is generally unavailable or something?

Deej, did you write this?

Dirty South haters are going to point out that Fast Money covers the same old tired topics Cash Money releases have beaten to death for nearly a decade and a half. Yes, thugging, big pimping, spitting bravado, and boasting about the quality of Cash Money women and weed are all over Birdman's sophomore release, but Cash Money's CEO shows that his pimp hand is strong, giving his entire roster the Dirty South blueprint for a perfect weekend album. As a rapper, Bryan Williams (or Baby, now almost always Birdman) has always been a P. Diddy character, serviceable with the rhymes but a better boss and impresario. Here, he's a step up from on fire, keeping it simple as expected but always driven and cocksure. What's fascinating is that he's also ready for your ire, begging haters to bring it on. Using the "N" word as much as possible, dragging out every old clich??, and sticking the album's two weed songs right next to each other gives every snooty backpacker plenty of ammo and every opportunity to look like a chump in 2015 when Fast Money is reissued in some kind of tenth-anniversary "Dirty South Classic" edition with four-star quotes on the cover and liner notes that wax poetic about the album's perfection. Birdman's B.G. meets Jay-Z style is surrounded by the thickest, slickest production Cash Money has ever been graced with, courtesy of Deezle, the Birdman himself, and his Big Tymers partner, Mannie Fresh. 50 Cent would sign on for any of these beats and Deezle just went A list.[/b] The fat guest list is handled especially well, with Lil Wayne, 6 Shot, Mannie, and everybody else woven into the songs and layered like voices at the party. "Neck of the Woods," "Big Pimpin'," and "Get Your Shine On" are the holy trinity of highlights, but it's the on-the-corner "We Getting It On" that gives the album its heart. Recalling Digital Underground and tipping its hat to the old school, it's the track Timbaland and Missy will be studying along with every Dirty South rapper who can see past his 24s and syrup sipping. Like Brian De Palma's Scarface, Fast Money revels in excess, glitz, misogyny, and violence with an irresponsible, larger than life attitude. To call it a guilty pleasure would be ignoring how taut the album is, how the momentum of it all steamrolls over the listener, and how Cash Money has separated itself from No Limit and its ilk with one engrossing release.[/b] No Limit CEO Master P put out an album the same day as Birdman, but P's mediocre and boasting Ghetto Bill makes him sound like a carnival huckster in comparison. P's opportunistic empire might make him the "Ghetto Bill Gates," but Fast Money proves Birdman is the real king of the Dirty Southern streets. Big pimpin' indeed.[/b]

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Do you live in a world in which great music is generally unavailable or something?
    Whats the diff between someone who likes rap and someone who only likes CLASSIC HIGHLY RECOMMENDED A++++++++++++ rap?

Whats the diff between someone who likes rap and someone who only likes CLASSIC HIGHLY RECOMMENDED A++++++++++++ rap?

I only care for the finer things, while you wear acrylic suits and drive a Scion.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

I only care for the finer things, while you wear acrylic suits and drive a Scion.
    "Bourgie ass bitches, you can kiss my ass"

• The relationship between faux_rillz[/b] and deej[/b] has become
    distressingly similar to that of Baby and Lil Wayne.

(if internet rap criticism were = money & power)

what's next?

Deejie F. Rillz

(please say the Rillz)

this is what we do to pay the bills

• Deejie F. Rillz

LOL[/b]

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    big money heavyweight has this is how we do, gangsta girl, and southern boy so i can't hate it

The relationship between faux_rillz[/b] and deej[/b] has become

(if internet rap criticism were = money & power)

what's next?

Deejie F. Rillz

(please say the Rillz)

this is what we do to pay the bills

Real talk!

If you don't say nothing else, please say the Rillz!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

The relationship between faux_rillz[/b] and deej[/b] has become

Sorry, had to do it.